IGNORED

Christian Wife’s Marriage Catechism

notsocommon

http://reformedbaptistfellowship.org/20 ... catechism/

Q11. How good a husband is my husband to me?

A11. Much better than I deserve, and therefore I will thank God for him every day.

Q12. How good a wife am I to my husband?

A12. Much worse than I ought to be, and therefore I will confess my sins to God every day, asking forgiveness, and to my husband as needed, and continue in prayer for grace to grow into the excellent wife that God wants me to be, and that would be such a blessing to my husband.

Urgh. I saw this posted on the Stuff Christian Culture Likes Facebook page.

So if your husband beats and rapes you, that's better than you deserve, and if you wait on him hand and foot and do everything he wants before he even has to ask it, you're still an awful person.

Oh. Okay. Thanks for reaffirming my belief that leaving the fold is one of the best things I've ever done.

I read the whole thing. I get the impression that the purpose for marriage is turn one's husband into an idol through which to worship god.

Here is the companion piece for the husband.... mostly the same stuff with a guy spin on it.

reformedbaptistfellowship.org/2014/07/09/a-christian-husbands-marriage-catechism-2/

One thing to remember is that many of the reformed people I read don't believe marriage is about happiness and fulfillment, but about duty and responsibility and filling a role for God.

Q6 What is it to live with my wife in an understanding way?

A6. It is to show her honor as the weaker vessel, being sensitive to her needs, fears, and feelings; to nourish and cherish her with the love and affection of Christ.

vs

Q6. What is respect for my husband?

A6. It is a conscious recognition of his special authority over me as my husband on the basis of God’s Word and the covenant I freely entered when I married him.

I don't know much about reformed calvinist baptists, but I can see that they may choose the worst aspects of all bits of Protestant thought and embrace them.......

This has been the subject of extensive outrage on a Christian-oriented domestic abuse/divorce site I read and participate in. I couldn't actually read the whole thing - too many triggers. But plenty of people did, and posted many comments and arguments against it the reformedbaptistfellowship site. None of the critical comments were originally let through, but they did finally approve a bunch of them late today, although not some of the more thorough, debunking ones...

See cryingoutforjustice.com for more.

This has been the subject of extensive outrage on a Christian-oriented domestic abuse/divorce site I read and participate in. I couldn't actually read the whole thing - too many triggers. But plenty of people did, and posted many comments and arguments against it the reformedbaptistfellowship site. None of the critical comments were originally let through, but they did finally approve a bunch of them late today, although not some of the more thorough, debunking ones...

See cryingoutforjustice.com for more.

Jasmar,

Excellent and thoughtful site, thanks for linking it.

I noticed that their definition of abuse section basically went almost line by line by what Cabinetman self described as how he managed his wife. THe bits that made Ken say CM was his hero. Ken Alexander only dreams of being a monster, I guess.

Ya-hep. Which is why I can't read a lot of those boys' drivel. Too upsetting.

Archived