IGNORED

Reprogramming camps for the kids?

TheEnglishButterfly

So I'm sorry if its been discussed..... but I've seen things here am there through the years that a few of the Duggar kids have been sent to reprogramming camps.... can anyone elaborate?

Who had to go, when and why? What camps were they? I think I heard 2 girls and a boy have gone througj the years.... any info? I'd love to read more.... I've read about these programming camps being downright abusive, either mentally or physically and often both!

Thanks for any info :)

For the girls, it is Journey to the Heart, and for the boys, its ALERT. All of the oldest girls have been to JTTH, and probably all of the boys, but it was only shown on TV when Joseph and Josiah went.

Alert is a paramilitary camp with a basic training component, so the potential for abuse is right there, but I read an article by an ex-ati kid who went there and said he kinda liked it.

The article from a kid who went to alert can be found on the website recovering grace.org, it's called "My life in ATI, part two".

On the No Longer Quivering site, one survivor talks about the brilliance behind the conceit of Journey to the Heart. Parents pay Bill Gothard exorbitant sums of money in the interest of sending their children to stay at headquarters for a number of weeks and work like dogs.

And of course, if the children are attractive young girls, then their purpose was to be pawed at and molested by Gothard himself.

Archived