IGNORED

Confederate Candles

Rhetorica

Check out Confederate Candles, courtesy of the Neely Team: neelymarketplace.com/product-category/confederate-candles/

I'd like to ask them if the manufacturing of these candles involved slave labor? Also, did they consider the possible branding benefits of calling them Konfederate Kandles?

I'm sure she's referencing the Articles of Confederation...right? right? Anyone? Bueller? :?

I'm also surprised the scents aren't things like 'Lily-White Vanilla', 'Rosebud Rebellion', 'The Cinnamon will Rise Again', 'African Coffee in Bondage', 'Freesia the Slaves? I think not!', 'Sweet Pea Secession', and 'Stars and Chocolate Candy Bars.'

I was in a Barnes and Noble the other day. Also patronizing the establishment was a young-ish (20's maybe?) couple and what appeared to be their young, not-quite-toddler-aged son. I didn't pay much attention to them until I noticed the boy's baby blanket in his stroller had a confederate flag on it. Wth is wrong with these people? :roll:

The couple in question looked exactly as you'd expect. I think the dad was a skinhead. :angry-banghead:

Over the years, I've come to appreciate people who display and wear Confederate flags. It's great to know outright that those people are total assholes, and thus avoid them.

I also get off on telling them the fact that it wasn't the Confederate battle flag--that usually pisses them off good until they go home and google it.

Check out Confederate Candles, courtesy of the Neely Team: neelymarketplace.com/product-category/confederate-candles/

I'd like to ask them if the manufacturing of these candles involved slave labor? Also, did they consider the possible branding benefits of calling them Konfederate Kandles?

They couldn't use Konfederate Kandles, Kris Jenner has the trademark.

There is a house down the street from me that has a Confederate flag flying on one side of the front door, and a Christian flag on the other side. I've never seen anyone outside when I walk my dog down that way, I don't know whether to hope I will or not LOL.

the scents aren't things like 'Lily-White Vanilla', 'Rosebud Rebellion', 'The Cinnamon will Rise Again', 'African Coffee in Bondage', 'Freesia the Slaves? I think not!', 'Sweet Pea Secession', and 'Stars and Chocolate Candy Bars.'

Actually I like the names of the rosebud rebellion and star and chocolate bar candle idea.. good names ..

There is a house down the street from me that has a Confederate flag flying on one side of the front door, and a Christian flag on the other side. I've never seen anyone outside when I walk my dog down that way, I don't know whether to hope I will or not LOL.

I'm the kind of person that would be sorely tempted to steal the flag, spray-paint a rainbow on it, and put it back. :lol:

Those flags were everywhere in the South. One couldn't spit without hitting a flag, license plate, clothing or banners. There was a house on the way to school with a lynching post complete with a noose.Back on topic, they really missed out on the plantation theme in the scent names.

Plantation Peony, Antebellum Lily, Tara Forever, Fresh Cotton, Sweet Tea, Master's Magnolia, etc.

Christians have their own flag?? :shock:

They couldn't use Konfederate Kandles, Kris Jenner has the trademark.

Interesting. Who is Kris Jenner? Google isn't helping me out.

I don't get it. (And I don't know the family's backstory, so that could be why...) What is confederate about the candles? I mean, there's no confederate flag, or "the south will rise again" or any other southern-racist BS, so.....do they just like the word "confederate?" Are only whites allowed to buy the candles?

I just don't get it. :?

I looked up both their websites and still really can't figure out who they are. They have 10 kids, forced smiles and use "sweet fellowship" entirely too much. Also god provides them with new vans ("in his perfect timing"). My guess is that they really don't mean any harm with the confederate candle thing, they're just too stupid to know why it would be offensive.

It looks like this:

stock-footage-seamless-looping-high-definition-video-of-the-christian-flag-waving-on-a-flag-pole-with-luma-matte.jpg

When I was a kid at VBS, we'd Pledge alligance to the US flag and the Christian Flag.

Christian flag pledge was

I pledge Alligiance to the Christian Flag, and to the Saviour for whose kingdom it stands, one brotherhood, uniting all man kind in service and in love.

Never did this except during vacation bible school.

But there were pledges for everything when I was a kid. Brownies, 4-H.... probably ffa and fha, but I was older then. DO they still do as much of that as they used to do?

When I was a kid at VBS, we'd Pledge alligance to the US flag and the Christian Flag.

Christian flag pledge was

I pledge Alligiance to the Christian Flag, and to the Saviour for whose kingdom it stands, one brotherhood, uniting all man kind in service and in love.

Never did this except during vacation bible school.

My DH and I were talking about this the other day, but I couldn't remember the words to the pledge. I also remember saying a pledge to the Bible, but can't remember much of it either.

Found it...

I pledge allegiance to the Bible, God’s Holy Word, and will make it a lamp unto my feet, a light unto my path, and will hide its word in my heart that I may not sin against God.

I really believe these people are very uneducated and just don't realize how offensive they are.

AND now I get it "Confederate" candles as opposed to "Yankee" Candles... :roll:

I didn't get it either. This makes sense, but it's still stupid. Rebel Candle would be better.

A nutjob down the street from me has this:

mBQDVwcMgjJVpqvoddyOnPg.jpg

In true "patriot" fashion, it's flown above the US flag. It's a duplex, and one side is nice and tiny, and their side...well, think stereotypical white trash in every way possible. It's not an uncommon sight to see one of them cradling a gun outside. The police do regular drive-bys in this otherwise-nice neighborhood, and the SOLE reason is to keep an eye on those people.

I don't get it. (And I don't know the family's backstory, so that could be why...) What is confederate about the candles? I mean, there's no confederate flag, or "the south will rise again" or any other southern-racist BS, so.....do they just like the word "confederate?" Are only whites allowed to buy the candles?

I just don't get it. :?

I'm going undercover. Will report back.

Archived