IGNORED

Aloe (most likely not Vera) plant ...

Maggie Mae

Has yellow "leaves" which shrivel up and die. Any suggestions on how to save this guy?

Stop watering. More than likely it's being killed with kindness and too frequent watering. Depending on where you live it may only need to be watered once a week to once a month. I'm guessing it's in a pot not in the ground.

Stop watering. More than likely it's being killed with kindness and too frequent watering. Depending on where you live it may only need to be watered once a week to once a month. I'm guessing it's in a pot not in the ground.

It is in a pot. I haven't watered it in a while, but I think the yellowing started when I repotted it and watered it. Stupid cactus! I thought they were supposed to be low maintenance!

The potting soil could be part of the problem if it's different from what it was used to having. Usually it's too much water with those guys.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I plant succulents I usually use half sand and half soil FWIW. Were you able to save it?

When I plant succulents I usually use half sand and half soil FWIW. Were you able to save it?

No, it died a long time ago :(

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived