IGNORED

Anyone Know Where Jill and Derick Went on Their Honeymoon?

LongDogMom

Outside of the obvious TLC filming, I don't get why Josh or Jill had to rent houses for their honeymoons. Why not stay in a hotel? Renting a house for a week can cost more than a hotel. Plus, that just leaves Jill and Anna having to cook meals on her honeymoon. Doesn't jill deserve to be pampered once one vacation? For anyone else it wouldn't bother me but I just wish she had a vacation where she could go and have the hotel do everything and she can just relax and have fun.

Some people don't like hotels. I don't, and word much prefer cooking for myself or making a sandwich as opposed to having to find a restaurant with a good vegetarian offering, wait for a table, wait to get served, etc. A few meals out is nice but it's such a time sink otherwise.

Plus, hotel rooms are never comfortable for me no matter how nice. There are too many people in too close a space, who may decide to listen to TV on ludicrous volume, or have kids running around screaming, and another behaviors that I want to not be around on vacation.

A nice house or cabin where I have space to relax and do my own thing? Perfect.

After the crowding in the TTH and spending many nights in hotels while traveling during filming, I bet having a house all to herself and her new husband felt like enormous luxury.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does that kiss between Jill and Derick look positively junior high to anybody else? Granted, Jill's only had experience since the wedding, but there's little heat there and I mean that on both their parts.

IA. We've seen plenty of chemistry between them before; maybe the ZOMG FIRST KISS EVARRRR in front of a thousand of their closest friends just wasn't private and/or spontaneous enough. :mrgreen:

regarding the rental houses--although I recall Josh and Anna's honeymoon house having 4 or 5 bedrooms, these rentals come in all sizes, and many are small enough for 2 people. they also offer more privacy if it's not a duplex or townhouse. (I personally prefer a house over a hotel room or condo--more room, no neighbors/noise, full kitchen in case you don't want to go out for every meal.....)

We almost always stay in rental houses or apartments (vrbo, airbnb) rather than hotels. Granted, it's mostly because we have 3 kids and 2 hotel rooms is generally more pricey than 1 apartment. But we like the extra space, and I don't have to cook.... usually we get easy breakfast stuff (milk, cereal, yogurt, fruit). Lunch is usually out since we are sightseeing. Dinner can be out, or takeout, I don't generally cook anything more complicated than heating up a pizza or something.

Some people don't like hotels. I don't, and word much prefer cooking for myself or making a sandwich as opposed to having to find a restaurant with a good vegetarian offering, wait for a table, wait to get served, etc. A few meals out is nice but it's such a time sink otherwise.

Plus, hotel rooms are never comfortable for me no matter how nice. There are too many people in too close a space, who may decide to listen to TV on ludicrous volume, or have kids running around screaming, and another behaviors that I want to not be around on vacation.

A nice house or cabin where I have space to relax and do my own thing? Perfect.

After the crowding in the TTH and spending many nights in hotels while traveling during filming, I bet having a house all to herself and her new husband felt like enormous luxury.

I specifically wanted a house instead of a hotel for my honeymoon for the added privacy - lots of fun things to do when you have your very own backyard and pool that you don't have to share with other guests :D

Also, they probably want to avoid as many NIKE opportunities as possible, although I know in OBX (I lived there) most of the houses look out onto the public beaches with bikinis galore.

Does that kiss between Jill and Derick look positively junior high to anybody else? Granted, Jill's only had experience since the wedding, but there's little heat there and I mean that on both their parts.

I'm assuming he's more experienced but who knows? I sure hope somebody tells them they are allowed to open their mouths and use their tongues if they want. Maybe they don't know!

I wonder if the Bates girls who are now married and Jill talk about stuff like that (and more)?

I'm assuming he's more experienced but who knows? I sure hope somebody tells them they are allowed to open their mouths and use their tongues if they want. Maybe they don't know!

I wonder if the Bates girls who are now married and Jill talk about stuff like that (and more)?

The way that Jill and Derick both had their mouths closed just seems so prim to me. Maybe they don't know about opening their mouths.

I prefer that to Josh's style at least in photos.

I prefer that to Josh's style at least in photos.

I agree. I don't think most adults are going to be posting tons of open mouthed kisses all over their social media. To me that's something you mostly see from drunken college age ( or younger who are going for shock value )people -- who likely regret it once they are sober.

I'm not a prude, but if you aren't a celebrity- most people looking at your photos are going to be your siblings, co-workers, parents, grandparents :shock: , who wants to share images of intimate kisses with those folks?

I agree. I don't think most adults are going to be posting tons of open mouthed kisses all over their social media. To me that's something you mostly see from drunken college age ( or younger who are going for shock value )people -- who likely regret it once they are sober.

I'm not a prude, but if you aren't a celebrity- most people looking at your photos are going to be your siblings, co-workers, parents, grandparents :shock: , who wants to share images of intimate kisses with those folks?

My friends and family must be boring because they never post pictures of themselves kissing their significant others. I guess they either don't feel the need to "prove" their love to the world or their love can't be real because it's not documented on instagram. Personally, I would never post a pic of myself kissing anyone but I actually enjoy my privacy.

Archived