IGNORED

Anyone Know Where Jill and Derick Went on Their Honeymoon?

LongDogMom

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason I think of Georgia when I look at those pictures. No idea why, never been to Georgia or really seen a tonne of photos, but that's what I think of. (Watching too much Honey Boo Boo perhaps?)

I could see Jill in one of those 1940's bathing suits. Personally I find them modest and gorgeous. I mean she'd probably make the shorts/skirt a little longer or the top a little less cleavage-showing, but it would still look fantastic, classy and modest.

I know they need the $$$, but please NO MORE KISSING SELFIES!!!!

Just wait til Ben and Jessa get married!!! yikes!

Nice area. There's a great BBQ place in KDH. I went to the OBX for my senior trip - we stayed in Duck.

The highlights of that trip included an idiot friend shitting his pants, and watching a souvenir truck full of hermit crabs spill across the highway - we rescued and took a few home, but most of them got annihilated :cry:

Other than that, great time.

Nice area. There's a great BBQ place in KDH. I went to the OBX for my senior trip - we stayed in Duck.

The highlights of that trip included an idiot friend shitting his pants, and watching a souvenir truck full of hermit crabs spill across the highway - we rescued and took a few home, but most of them got annihilated :cry:

Other than that, great time.

That sounds like such an epic senior trip! We went to Cancun and it was the typical underage drunken American madness. Also congrats on the wedding Mela!!! Hope it was awesome and your dress wasn't too defrauding :lol:

I was right! That makes me happy, I'm glad I can recognize the place I lived for a year.

Re: it being quiet, and the season not having started. Wrong - the season starts on Memorial Day and then it's traffic and non-stop tourists. They could easily blend into some crowds there, or stay at their house (not cheap for 2 people to rent an entire house, most of them are for large families!) for privacy. Good choice, although I wonder which Duggars in the future will go more glam with honeymoon-locations like Hawaii and Ireland (a la Bates).

Outside of the obvious TLC filming, I don't get why Josh or Jill had to rent houses for their honeymoons. Why not stay in a hotel? Renting a house for a week can cost more than a hotel. Plus, that just leaves Jill and Anna having to cook meals on her honeymoon. Doesn't jill deserve to be pampered once one vacation? For anyone else it wouldn't bother me but I just wish she had a vacation where she could go and have the hotel do everything and she can just relax and have fun. It's not like they didn't make enough money off this wedding to splurge.

Also the article mentions that Jill drops Derrick off at work everyday and they meet for lunch. How long do you think this is going to last? He can't have lunch with coworkers like the rest of us? Also, I would have thought Jim Bob would have let Jill keep one of the million cars so she can have one of her own. Who wants to take bets on how long before Derrick quits his job and joins the Duggar gravy train? Will jim Bob pressure him to do so? I wonder if Jill realizes that someone with a real job can't continually take time off to join the family on the road.

Outside of the obvious TLC filming, I don't get why Josh or Jill had to rent houses for their honeymoons. Why not stay in a hotel? Renting a house for a week can cost more than a hotel. Plus, that just leaves Jill and Anna having to cook meals on her honeymoon. Doesn't jill deserve to be pampered once one vacation? For anyone else it wouldn't bother me but I just wish she had a vacation where she could go and have the hotel do everything and she can just relax and have fun. It's not like they didn't make enough money off this wedding to splurge.

Also the article mentions that Jill drops Derrick off at work everyday and they meet for lunch. How long do you think this is going to last? He can't have lunch with coworkers like the rest of us? Also, I would have thought Jim Bob would have let Jill keep one of the million cars so she can have one of her own. Who wants to take bets on how long before Derrick quits his job and joins the Duggar gravy train? Will jim Bob pressure him to do so? I wonder if Jill realizes that someone with a real job can't continually take time off to join the family on the road.

Jim is cheap and only thinks of himself. And how can Derrick and Jill have lunch together everyday? Is Jill bored?

Just wait til Ben and Jessa get married!!! yikes!

Oh gosh, it'll be Alyssa and Toothy all over again.

Give Jill and Derick a break on having lunch together! They just got married and had not even kissed prior to that day! So, this is their infatuation period! Plus, Jill has time to prepare a fun lunch and meet him. It's summer, their in-love and life is happy for them! So, why not bring him lunch everyday :romance-adore:

It's been more than 35 years since my husband and I went to the Outer Banks and Colonial Williamsburg on our honeymoon, and I could be wrong about things, but I think there are more rental cottages than hotels/motels in the OBX. There are probably plenty of places to eat out though. For those of you who've been more recently, what's the hotel situation like now?

Personally, I prefer renting a condo/house type thing while on vacation. Both my husband and I have food allergies and going out to eat is often more stressful than cooking at home. Plus we enjoy cooking together. I know J/D don't have food allergies, but there are reasons for preferring it over a hotel.

Personally, I prefer renting a condo/house type thing while on vacation. Both my husband and I have food allergies and going out to eat is often more stressful than cooking at home. Plus we enjoy cooking together. I know J/D don't have food allergies, but there are reasons for preferring it over a hotel.

Like christening every room? :dance:

Like christening every room? :dance:

And not running into random leg-humpers in the hotel who just absolutely have to get a picture and an autograph.

I know they need the $$$, but please NO MORE KISSING SELFIES!!!!

Man, if I had to get married to someone without kissing them, and I really liked the person, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't stop kissing them for like... the first 2 or 5 weeks... haha

I vaguely remember Susanna Keller wearing mens swimming shorts and a fitted shirt to swim in one of the older episodes. Obviously this was before she left the lifestyle. Maybe Jill could wear something like that? Though I do find it odd since the whole point of wearing skirts is to not dress like a man.. :?

I vaguely remember Susanna Keller wearing mens swimming shorts and a fitted shirt to swim in one of the older episodes. Obviously this was before she left the lifestyle. Maybe Jill could wear something like that? Though I do find it odd since the whole point of wearing skirts is to not dress like a man.. :?
yes, but we all know what happened to Susannah Keller now, don't we. Wearing not too daggy swimwear one minute, unwed mother the next. That's what happens when you start to be tempted off the old paths, into conformity with the world.

I can't find any pictures, but I thought some Duggar and Bates women wore board shorts on an all-girl camping trip? If so, Jill might eventually agree to wear them more often.

There was an ambiguous photo that may have been a skirt wrapped around legs or may have been board shorts on one Duggarling on that trip.

Give Jill and Derick a break on having lunch together! They just got married and had not even kissed prior to that day! So, this is their infatuation period! Plus, Jill has time to prepare a fun lunch and meet him. It's summer, their in-love and life is happy for them! So, why not bring him lunch everyday :romance-adore:

I'm going to guess that they got a house so she can practice her crash course of being a proper wife.

Who wants to bet that Jim Bob is fretting about someone else now owning one of his vaginas?

Does that kiss between Jill and Derick look positively junior high to anybody else? Granted, Jill's only had experience since the wedding, but there's little heat there and I mean that on both their parts.

I'm going to guess that they got a house so she can practice her crash course of being a proper wife.

Who wants to bet that Jim Bob is fretting about someone else now owning one of his vaginas?

Pimp.

Archived