IGNORED

Anyone Know Where Jill and Derick Went on Their Honeymoon?

LongDogMom

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of votes came in for the Outer Banks. Myrtle Beach might have been too NIKE!!!! for Jill. The sand dunes are reminiscent of the area, Derick had only a week, so they had to go somewhere fairly close, so I doubt they left the South. I also think a trip to Kitty Hawk was included because the Duggar girls filmed Jackson doing a book report on the Wright Brothers. Why publish that if there wasn't a reason (like study this because Derick and Jill are going there for their honeymoon).

I think South Carolina myself. Outer Banks this time of year has tons of college students and defrauding whores etc.... :?

Derick had a pic up that was a Greek Island (check out the Pickles and Hairspray FB page from .. yesterday? 2 days ago?) but given that they are back already, that was probably just either misdirection or borrowing a random beach picture.

It looks like any beach on the gulf or atlantic coast. Blue water, white sand, dunes, grasses. TO me it looks like the Texan coast, (think Corpus Christi) but could have been anywhere. There would have needed to be nonbeach activities for them to do so some level of tourist attractions would be present. Ft. Walton Beach may be a good guess, and there is a large conservative Christian community there so less likelihood of sticking out in their modest wear. St. Augustine has a lot of that touristy stuff, but I'm more inclined to say its somewhere with a major airport nearby, or within driving distance of the TTH (<8 hours). I'm sure they'll tell us in the VSE honeymoon edition.

Looks like OBX to me...maybe down towards Hatteras Island/Okracoke/Corolla. In that second picture, it looks like she's wearing the wholesome wear suit. OBX this time of year is hotter than hell and muggy.

I was thinking maybe somewhere along the gulf or the Carolinas. I see Jill has my hair...humidity plus beach wind equals frizz city.

Looks like OBX to me...maybe down towards Hatteras Island/Okracoke/Corolla. In that second picture, it looks like she's wearing the wholesome wear suit. OBX this time of year is hotter than hell and muggy.

If Jill did indeed wear her wholesome wear suit, I hope Derick took one look and shrieked, "WTH are you wearing, woman?!?! Take off that ridiculous outfit and put on a bathing suit!"

If Jill did indeed wear her wholesome wear suit, I hope Derick took one look and shrieked, "WTH are you wearing, woman?!?! Take off that ridiculous outfit and put on a bathing suit!"

I think it would be hard for her to go straight to a regular bathing suit, even what we could consider a modest one piece, after over 20 years of being shamed just for her knees and shoulders. I imagine the best way to ease her into normal swimwear would be to go with cute surfer clothes, like rash guards, surf leggings, board shorts, etc. She could get shorter and shorter shorts until she's ready for something like an Esther Williams suit and maybe someday even a tankini!

If she did swim in wholesomewear, hopefully they had a honeymoon suite with one of those big jacuzzi tubs, so she could at least get a sense of what it was like to be immersed in water without all that fabric.

Derick had a pic up that was a Greek Island (check out the Pickles and Hairspray FB page from .. yesterday? 2 days ago?) but given that they are back already, that was probably just either misdirection or borrowing a random beach picture.

Someone pointed out that he's used that cover pic before, it's not new. So no Greece.

Hey, do we know who runs the Pickles and Hairspray page? I wondered if they posted here, that page is pretty awesome.

Wholesome wear suits aren't the only option for fundie bathing suit wear (though they are the worst).

There's a site that makes modest bathing suits that I think are a lot more practical for swimming. It's fitted and knees are shown, but it's probably something Jill could adjust to.

post-9025-14451999189452_thumb.jpg

Hey, do we know who runs the Pickles and Hairspray page? I wondered if they posted here, that page is pretty awesome.

She (?) has referred to FJ kind of negatively before, I think she used to be on here but got on the wrong side of an argument or something and is still sore about it.

I think it would be hard for her to go straight to a regular bathing suit, even what we could consider a modest one piece, after over 20 years of being shamed just for her knees and shoulders. I imagine the best way to ease her into normal swimwear would be to go with cute surfer clothes, like rash guards, surf leggings, board shorts, etc. She could get shorter and shorter shorts until she's ready for something like an Esther Williams suit and maybe someday even a tankini!

If she did swim in wholesomewear, hopefully they had a honeymoon suite with one of those big jacuzzi tubs, so she could at least get a sense of what it was like to be immersed in water without all that fabric.

Maybe Derrick could get her into a one piece with shorts.

She (?) has referred to FJ kind of negatively before, I think she used to be on here but got on the wrong side of an argument or something and is still sore about it.

I see, thank you. About a week ago, I put up a picture in a thread of Josh with fake pigtails. I read Pickles and Hairspray for the first time, and saw the pic there. To be fair, that was my first visit to the page, and the owner of the page could have easily lifted the pic from Google results, the same as I did, I was just wondering if the owner was a local from around here.

She was around on various Duggar places and apparently had an issue with the others so began her own.

Wholesome wear suits aren't the only option for fundie bathing suit wear (though they are the worst).

There's a site that makes modest bathing suits that I think are a lot more practical for swimming. It's fitted and knees are shown, but it's probably something Jill could adjust to.

Wow! This looks like my bathing suit, except mine has straps and a little lower neckline.

People says Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina

10522556_877662392262030_2975087032221725762_n.jpg

1937450_877662468928689_1458600166765623636_n.jpg?oh=09971bc266bc1d7655d1ed4b01b0dfdf&oe=5426AB00&__gda__=1410724801_fc65f4e809722541897954afc77a7630

And one from the other day that is also from People:

10438922_877662998928636_106145130119688464_n.jpg

And the ever popular People magazine.

That's a pretty quiet part of coastal NC. Great fishing spot. Glad they aren't there now with the storm heading in that direction.

people.com/article/jill-duggar-derick-dillard-honeymoon-north-carolina-wedding-19-kids-and-counting

Archived