IGNORED

Our Friend Taryn

theologygeek

I'm so glad that you all have introduced me to this. All along, there has been a Taryn shaped hole in my life- and now it's been filled. Oh, my face hurts from laughing. The OK sign thing is priceless, I'm going to use that way more often now!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, this is such a treat. I am chortling here.

I think my favorite thing is her carrying on about how ebil lesbians worked on the NIV Bible when she's a King James Bible fangirl and hello, King James loved the mens like wild.

Considering the NIV was translated in the early 1970s by a consortium of very conservative Protestant scholars who had to sign a statement regarding the Bible's inerrancy (which, to me, compromises their translation fatally), I would be surprised to find out there were any women, much less lesbians, who worked on it.

And yep, that'd be the case: http://www.biblica.com/niv/translators/ << unless some of those lesbians were named "Donald," "Herbert," and "Bruce." :lol:

(I bet they were all white, too.)

I wish Taryn would come back.

Guest Anonymous
Didn't someone here once take a non-sensical Taryn post and translate it into english? Lissar maybe? It was one of the funniest posts ever.

Sadly I can't take credit for that one, wasn't me. I will always have the Taliban Tony Translator, though!

ooh, I loved her. I could never get my mind around her being a grandmother because she comes across as a hyperactive teenager who brain dumps a mile a minute, with little-to-no thinking about what she's saying.

but I don't remember Zsu snapping at her (and I've followed the blog for awhile). Can you point me in the direction? :drool: It may be in a post where I didn't read the comments.

ooh, I loved her. I could never get my mind around her being a grandmother because she comes across as a hyperactive teenager who brain dumps a mile a minute, with little-to-no thinking about what she's saying.

but I don't remember Zsu snapping at her (and I've followed the blog for awhile). Can you point me in the direction? :drool: It may be in a post where I didn't read the comments.

She actually snapped at her at least twice, I don't have the links though.

But when Zsuzsanna is snapping at you for being too crazy and legalistic something is very, very wrong.

Something about a board game Zsu liked, where the "squares" you landed your pieces in were hexagons. Taryn said hexagons were Satanist or Illuminati or somesuch, Zsu gave it the sort of reply it deserved.

She actually snapped at her at least twice, I don't have the links though.

But when Zsuzsanna is snapping at you for being too crazy and legalistic something is very, very wrong.

Now that you said it, it rings a bell. I just read the blog and didn't pay too much attention to the content of this cray-cray woman (wish I'd have known you guys back then; I would have paid more attention instead of just chuckling to myself), but Zsu wouldn't be shy about telling people to worry about something other than hexagons.

She also comments over on generation ceder sometimes. Apparently there is an epic comment of her's about taking a sharpie to some kitchen appliances to black out the word magic.

She absolutely must be a troll. Even my craziest fundy relatives aren't that crazy. :roll:

I dunno about that, I knew someone who tore up a box from a devils food cake mix, except the directions, prayed over it in tongues and then burned it.

I dunno about that, I knew someone who tore up a box from a devils food cake mix, except the directions, prayed over it in tongues and then burned it.

:shock: Holy crap. Why'd they leave the directions alone?

:shock: Holy crap. Why'd they leave the directions alone?

So they could bake the cake and eat it once it had been exorcised back to good Christian chocolate cake?

Something about a board game Zsu liked, where the "squares" you landed your pieces in were hexagons. Taryn said hexagons were Satanist or Illuminati or somesuch, Zsu gave it the sort of reply it deserved.

It was apparently about Settlers of Catan (which, BTW, is a very good game--we love it!)

This thread seems to have many of Taryn's quotations:

freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1038

It was apparently about Settlers of Catan (which, BTW, is a very good game--we love it!)

This thread seems to have many of Taryn's quotations:

freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1038

the settlers of catan post was made of awesome..

Archived