IGNORED

Scott Brown, D Horn & J Dohm's history of abuse of authority

Othello

I know this is very old news (like, 8 years old) but I came across this the other day and thought it might be a valuable resource for those who read here (hi, gossip-loving fundies) and are sympathetic with people like Scott Brown, Dan Horn and Jason Dohm who have managed to paint themselves in less repulsive colors than the infamous DPIAT. A bit of history on the character of these theonomic, reconstructionist control freaks who live (and profit) by backstabbing and double standards, as told by their fellow fundies in their previous church.

Same guy who said it was a triumph of the gospel that an entire freakin' family of incestual child-rapists was discovered in his church.

ephesians511.wordpress.com/how-it-begins-3306-to-42206/

These guys are insufferable, EVEN for their fellow fundies and fundies-lite, as evidenced by the conflict recorded.

Scott Brown has control issues! Does Trinity Baptist Church still exist? The link to its web site in the last post isn't valid, and I couldn't find a Trinity Baptist in Wake Forest.

I don't know! There's one in Asheville, in the middle part of the state, but it's very likely a different group.

The reason I post this is because during the time period I spent at Hope Baptist I heard the Trinity happenings referenced in vague terms, termed a "debacle" and of course not admitting any personal responsibility; Brown, Horn and Dohm would laugh knowingly. It was while there I had something of an epiphany about the circles I'd grown up in (having been raised in super-fundamental circles... ATI/IBLP family, then VF/NFCIC). Reading this is the first time I've figured out what the whole Trinity thing was about! I'd already realized they were not what they profess to be (well, in the good things; every bit what they profess to be as patriarchal reconstructionist pricks though), now it's even clearer.

I didn't realize you had actually attended Hope Baptist. I'm sure the leaders who remained at Trinity would be far removed from me philosophically but they seem like saints compared to Scott Brown.

I did for some time, a few years ago now. It seems like the Trinity people mentioned are nonetheless pretty hardcore (as otherwise the aforementioned elders wouldn't be in the church in the first place) but you're right, relatively speaking they seem to be far preferable!

Archived