IGNORED

Will Jessa's/Jana's (eventual) wedding be as BIG as Jill's?

luv2laugh

I think we can all say that Jill's wedding was very well received by the media. It DEFINITELY topped Smuggar and Anna's wedding. I bet smuggar was very jealous about it. With over 1,000+ guests, her wedding was the IT spot to be for fundies, like a fundie convention. Jill will definitely be the fundie IT girl for awhile now... Do you think that Jessa's wedding will be as popular with the fundies and media? For some reason, I have been wondering about it and I don't think it will be as big as a turn out... It could be just the way their relationship is right now and how cold they interact with each other. However, I think that when Jana eventually and hopefully soon gets married, it may just may top Jill's? What do you guys think?

I'm guessing Jessa's will be just as big if she marries Ben within a year, since people are hyped up about Duggar weddings now.

Jana isn't such a draw since she doesn't seek attention. By the time she gets married people might be bored of it all.

Jessa doesn't seem as girly as Jill to me, so I wonder if she wouldn't want quite such a big wedding. However, since TLC is involved, I'm sure it will have to be another mega-spectacle.

Idk, everytime I think the public must be sick of these guys, they prove me wrong. I really don't get it.

Also, I think Jessa's wedding will be a princess for a day type thing more than Jill's seems to have been. I'm imagining a tiara. Jill's was the Jill, Derick, Jim-Bob, and Michelle show. Jessa's will be the Jessa show.

Im not sure. Sometimes I think Jessa might want a big wedding because for a fundie girl, its the only day she can feel important, and she does like looking pretty and is interested in being fashionable, but also she isn't very romantic compared to Jill. Jill is super romantic and would be really excited about being married and planning the perfect wedding day, but it seems to me like Ben would be the one interested in all the little details of wedding planning, but Jessa not really caring that much.

Jana seems like the kind of person who would want something more low key, if she had the choice, as she is a very shy, quiet person, who I don't think likes being the centre of attention.

Jessa might have a smaller wedding, she seems to be less head in the clouds romantic than Jill is.

I don't think Jana will be allowed to get married for a long time. I mean, who would raise all the younger siblings when their real mom leaves?

I think that Josh's wedding got paid for by Anna's family. The show wasn't as big then so TLC likely didn't pay for it. (My understanding is that Josh and Anna did not get paid for anything until McKenzie was born.) Anna's family is not as well off as the Duggars. They likely could not have afforded it. Jill's wedding has been a huge media boom. Jessa and Ben are appealing to TLC, he's considered a heartthrob in the Fundie community, so TLC will likely spend money on that. After that if Jana/Jinger/Joy-Anna get married? It'll matter who that is. Is he politically motivated? Does she end up marrying a Senator's son like the Bates girl did? Does she end up marrying a big religious figure? Something to trigger public interest. Jill was the first daughter to do it so it was huge. They'll have to sell the public on caring about too many other future weddings. The older boys are pretty uninteresting on camera. Unless one of them marries someone cool they aren't going to have that kind of wedding.

There is only so many of these weddings the general population is going to tolerate before it becomes the same song and dance as the previous one. I think the reason Jill's wedding was so popular is because the only big news since Josh's wedding has been babies and everyone is sick of watching VSE's about toilet babies. Jill is the first girl so everyone was curious to how it would turn out verses the first boy. I think the only way one of these weddings can top the other is if one of the kids sobers up off the kool-aid and marries someone secular or of a different faith. I would watch that to see how a Duggar fairs through life on the outside.

Jana seems to be much more of a quiet and shy person. I really hope she gets to have the wedding she wants, and not a big 1000+ TLC shebang. (That being said, maybe she'd like a huge wedding like Jill had, that day being very important for a lot of fundie girls.)

Gee...I wonder if we will see a TLC triple bang with one of the wedding dress shows and Cake Boss. Now that would be hilarious to watch.

I get the impression that Jana is trying to stay as single as long as possible to keep from being a brood sow like her mother.

Jill's wedding received an amazing amount of widespread media coverage and no doubt the VSE will get great ratings. TCL can't wait to cash in on the bigger audiences the Duggar courtships are attracting. I think Jessa will get the full princess treatment as soon as they are officially engaged and her wedding will be as big, if not bigger than Jill's.

I seriously hope that down the line, Jana or Joy or someone decides "hey, maybe 1000 people is a little excessive" and has something smaller, maybe around 200 people (I think less than 100 is a little too hopeful, even Zach/Whitney considered 200-300 "small"). I don't know why they feel the need to invite everyone they know, especially when their Pinterests are filled with these cute rustic weddings that just do not match up with stadium churches.

I think we can all say that Jill's wedding was very well received by the media. It DEFINITELY topped Smuggar and Anna's wedding. I bet smuggar was very jealous about it. With over 1,000+ guests, her wedding was the IT spot to be for fundies, like a fundie convention. Jill will definitely be the fundie IT girl for awhile now... Do you think that Jessa's wedding will be as popular with the fundies and media? For some reason, I have been wondering about it and I don't think it will be as big as a turn out... It could be just the way their relationship is right now and how cold they interact with each other. However, I think that when Jana eventually and hopefully soon gets married, it may just may top Jill's? What do you guys think?

I'm kinda over the whole big wedding by the Duggar's for now. I'm sure that all the girls will have a big wedding like Jill's because they have made friends through ATI. If it doesn't occur, then it could be that there was a big gap between when Josh got married and a Duggar girl, and that it maybe knowing through their community that Jim Bob had a hard stance on them getting married and the recently soften his resolve on it. That's my take.

I can see Jessa having a big wedding but can't see it happening to this degree 16 more times (or 8, if we're only looking at the girls). I also doubt the media/public will continue to care that much. Do huge fundie families keep hauling around the country to attend the weddings of other huge families, or do the numbers dwindle after awhile? I find it hard to imagine families who aren't best friends - like Duggar and Bates - making the trip a dozen or more times.

It's going to have to be a Double Duggar Daughter Wedding to top Jill's I reckon

I seriously hope that down the line, Jana or Joy or someone decides "hey, maybe 1000 people is a little excessive" and has something smaller, maybe around 200 people (I think less than 100 is a little too hopeful, even Zach/Whitney considered 200-300 "small"). I don't know why they feel the need to invite everyone they know, especially when their Pinterests are filled with these cute rustic weddings that just do not match up with stadium churches.

I don't think the girls have much say in how big it is, plus with JimBob getting ladies to volunteer and make cupcakes and cookies for guests, no booze or DJ or sit down dinner, it's probably not as expensive as a smaller wedding where the couple had dinner and dancing for everyone at a country club or something. Plus I'm sure TLC paid for it all. Also, I'll bet a lot of people who are fans show up and that's why I'll bet Jill did her registry somewhere like walmart where fans could go to their local walmart and buy them cereal. Gives fans a way to participate because I'm sure a lot feel like they know them and have watched them grow up (especially the way some people defend the Duggars and their lifestyle, I'm positive they'd go to the wedding if they could).

Jill's wedding received an amazing amount of widespread media coverage and no doubt the VSE will get great ratings. TCL can't wait to cash in on the bigger audiences the Duggar courtships are attracting. I think Jessa will get the full princess treatment as soon as they are officially engaged and her wedding will be as big, if not bigger than Jill's.

I think Jessa's will be big as well because Ben's family is bigger than Derick's and there are a lot of extended relatives and friends his family will want there. I wonder if other Fundies see the Duggars as Fundy-Royalty and if marrying into their family is something they'd encourage (maybe because they think the kids would end up with their own spin off tv show and make a lot of money). A lot of these Fundy families with lots of kids struggle with money. Prior to their TLC gig, the Duggars lived in a pretty small house (900 sq feet or something) and wore clothes donated by their church friends.

I think a big part of the appeal for Jill's was their story. She had a long distance relationship with a missionary and traveled around the world to meet him for the "first time." (In quotes because the jury's still out on the one.) They fell madly in love and blah, blah, blah.

That's a lot more exciting to the public than "younger daughter falls for average 18 yo who repairs windshields in the same state and has an average, longer courtship." Plus Jill has been the mouthpiece for the older daughters for some time, and likely has a more exciting future in store for her than Jessa if she does in fact get to practice midwifery in other countries. Jess will be keeping house and perfecting that apple pie.

With all these fundie mega-families, some not as well-known and poorer than others, I'm wondering if part of the money problems stem from having to constantly provide wedding and baby gifts for people in other fundie families. If women in fundiedom are constantly getting pregnant and couples are getting married, that might be a regular expense that hits some of the poorer families pretty hard. A man who who only makes ten dollars an hour all while having 13 kids and a wife to support is going to have a much harder time spending money on constant wedding and baby gifts for other mega-families. Combine that with grifting parental units like the Bateses and Duggars, who are financially solvent enough to pay for a wedding (Jim Bob, at least) but would rather gather an army of vounteers to make/move/handle everything. That's a terrible burden on those who can't afford it.

I think we can all say that Jill's wedding was very well received by the media. It DEFINITELY topped Smuggar and Anna's wedding. I bet smuggar was very jealous about it.

I think the Smuggars are feeling overwhelmed and tired with their 3 kids now and that they don't have the time or energy to care enough to be jealous about Josh's sister's wedding. Also, I don't see Anna as the jealous type, and I don't see Josh as being jealous of a sister.

Im not sure. Sometimes I think Jessa might want a big wedding because for a fundie girl, its the only day she can feel important, and she does like looking pretty and is interested in being fashionable, but also she isn't very romantic compared to Jill. Jill is super romantic and would be really excited about being married and planning the perfect wedding day, but it seems to me like Ben would be the one interested in all the little details of wedding planning, but Jessa not really caring that much.

Jana seems like the kind of person who would want something more low key, if she had the choice, as she is a very shy, quiet person, who I don't think likes being the centre of attention.

I agree with this. Jessa isn't romantic, but she obviously likes getting dolled up and having her picture taken. You don't necessarily have to be romantic to have a huge princess wedding. There will just be less emphasis on "I totally love you!" and more emphasis on "Here comes the perfectly pure pretty princess!"

I don't think Jana will be allowed to get married for a long time.

People keep saying this, but I don't think the parents would keep Jana from marrying. If she gets married, she will start having kids who turn into army for Gesus (Gothard's interpretation of Jesus) and voters who can turn America into Gothardtopia. This is their ultimate goal, even more than having Jana as a slave. There are plenty of littles to do housework, Jana was at their age, and it's not like J'celle would have to change diapers.

I mean, who would raise all the younger siblings when their real mom leaves?

Joy-Anna.

I am not sure Jill's wedding was that big a deal to the media as it has been made to seem. Yes she had her wedding pictures in People Magazine but it would put pictures of a Kardashian fart on the cover if they thought someone might be interested. I never saw a news station, at a least here other than whatever the Today show did, say anything about it. I doubt most people in this country know who they are or even care if they did. We know every detail because we love the snark.

I think if any of the other Duggar women get married, it will still bring out a lot of people in the fundy community because a wedding is a good place to find courtship prospects. Someone else mentioned the cost of attending these weddings/getting gifts and I have wondered about that too. I would imagine that there are a lot of these fundy weddings and the community, at the least the one Duggars/Bates belong to, is quite small. So I bet large number of families are invited to most of the weddings. I wonder how they pick and choose which to go to. I spent so much money on a friend's wedding for my dress/gift and the wedding was only 10 minutes from my house. Where does the Money come from to travel across country for a wedding? Some of these families must be going without basic necessities to afford the trip.

Archived