IGNORED

Steve Maxwell talks about Bondage (insert your own joke)

SPHASH

In his latest Seriously Corner he writes about how he was addicted to smokes during his stint in the Air Force. He then compares cigarette addiction to being in prison. What no comparison to Pepsi?

Stevehovah and bondage....Kinky. Are the safewords for a BDSM session between Stevehovah and Terrified "sin and death"?

This is actually the first time I've felt like I understood what fundies think of the concept of freedom. Freedom for them is being free from anything "worldly" - freedom in Christ meaning that they only thing about him.

The irony being they end up in bondage to their strict religious observances, while at the same time trying to force others into that same bondage.

It's something I've thought about a lot, because fundies use the word freedom regularly; my thought has always been "I do not think that work means what you think it means".

So, uh, thanks Steve for explaining what freedom means in fundiedom.

I'd added this to the other maxwell thread:

In other Maxwell news and from the latest Seriously Dads email its...

Bondage

It talks about how Stevie was stationed in Thailand and how he used to smoke cigarettes and made an idol of them which made him a prisoner to them. It's all starting to come out of the wood work, eh Stevie?

What with Bondage and yesterdays blog post with "â—¦Supersonic Leadership: Is Everyone Strapped In? (for dads)" an S&M theme seems apparent.

Love the comment bellow which must be a FJer:

Chris says:

June 25, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Just think, some people have to pay big $$$ to get the wind blown look!! Sounds like a great new conference, who couldn’t use some energizing????

Safe travels to Loveland…and I miss your more frequent posting, but I know, you are alll BUSY!!!!

Blessings

>>>>>>>>>

You are right about being busy. Sarah on the new Moody book and Steve and Teri on Energize. Boys have had a lot of work.

My comment from Mel C complimented them on the contrast between the behind the scenes pictures and the staged photos and wished they could bring energise to my lovely church in Bellend. It didn't get through, nor did he edit it.

In his latest Seriously Corner he writes about how he was addicted to smokes during his stint in the Air Force. He then compares cigarette addiction to being in prison. What no comparison to Pepsi?

Is there that much difference between prison and Steve's current lifestyle?

Someone so controlled would probably revel in being a sub if they can allow themselves to give in...

Is there that much difference between prison and Steve's current lifestyle?

War is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength. We've always been at war with Eastasia.

I thought the photos turned out really good -- no creepy shadows, and the wind and dark clouds really gave good results. The photo of Mary cracks me up though. It's a great photo, but sort of flirtatious and "come hither"-esque. She's a pretty girl.

I thought the photos turned out really good -- no creepy shadows, and the wind and dark clouds really gave good results. The photo of Mary cracks me up though. It's a great photo, but sort of flirtatious and "come hither"-esque. She's a pretty girl.

How come Christopher doesn't take their pictures?

Christopher was responsible for the Creepy Shadow photos so he's done his damage. Plus, he's a married man now and doesn't travel with the family. I think these new photos were taken on their most recent trip to the Duggar wedding that we'll never hear anything about. I might be wrong, but I thought that's what I read?

Only prison? Why not concentration camps? He's going soft on us.

And abortion, don't forget abortion.

Is there that much difference between prison and Steve's current lifestyle?[/quote]

1. Maxhell has more forced marches up 14ers.

2. There is no Commissary in Maxhell to buy the ingredients for prison recipes.

3. There are more books and educational opportunities available in most prisons than in Maxhell. Unless you are in the hole.

Is there that much difference between prison and Steve's current lifestyle?[/quote]

1. Maxhell has more forced marches up 14ers.

2. There is no Commissary in Maxhell to buy the ingredients for prison recipes.

3. There are more books and educational opportunities available in most prisons than in Maxhell. Unless you are in the hole.

I think prisoners get to watch TV, too and they can probably eat more than 2 animal crackers (or their snack of choice). There is definitely way more socialization opportunities in prison.

This thread has made me really sad for the Maxwell kids :(

I think prisoners get to watch TV, too and they can probably eat more than 2 animal crackers (or their snack of choice). There is definitely way more socialization opportunities in prison.

This thread has made me really sad for the Maxwell kids :(

Solitary confinement would offer months and months of time to spend contemplating HELL and DEATH, but I have a feeling Steve (Hi, Steve!) would consider that to be too much fun.

This is like when someone compared their lifestyle to nuns living in a convent and then an FJer pointed out that nuns have far greater opportunities for education. I think that Maxhell is more like North Korea--where the people are forced to worship their "Dear Leader" while living lives of great deprivation.

I have a friend who has spent YEARS in solitary confinement. Just from reading his letters, even HE has more freedom and entertainment opportunities than, as my autocorrect keeps changing it to, the "maxhellions."

This is like when someone compared their lifestyle to nuns living in a convent and then an FJer pointed out that nuns have far greater opportunities for education. I think that Maxhell is more like North Korea--where the people are forced to worship their "Dear Leader" while living lives of great deprivation.

Up next will come making your own fertilizer. Those nasty ass looking burritos could serve a second purpose. :ew:

Yes, but in North Korea, women get to have jobs, don't have to be baby farms, are allowed more hairstyle options, can wear pants (or skirts), and the kids go to school and socialize. :?

At the end of the article Steve says, "The good news is that, if you are saved, the power of the Holy Spirit will enable you to be free. But you must begin the process by choosing it. Will you fly and be free"

Is he saying that only Christians have a monopoly on quitting smoking? Pretty sure everyone is pretty equal on this one.

My smokes tie me directly to Satan. I smoke and worship all at once and enjoy every second of it. I don't want to be saved if it means giving up my Satanic habit.

Actually, I've sat through enough stop smoking seminars (Seventh Day Adventists are big on those) to know that no, people seriously DON'T believe you can stop smoking [or insert other addictive behavior here] without Jesus.

I can kinda see how smoking would be seen as slavery; I've watched people struggle so hard to quit. It really is highly addictive. It's one of the reasons I decided not to start. That and the fact that I have family members who literally stop breathing around cigarette smoke. Even just passing someone on the street taking a puff is horrible for them.

Archived