IGNORED

Sarah Serven is Engaged

Kira

We are friends in real life and I have no idea if her Facebook is public. She has wedding photos on her Pinterest if you know her name ;-). And they were her happy comments, not Tait's. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a tease :lol:

She is beautiful, and so was her wedding. I just had one of those "ah" moments when I realized y'all were talking about her wedding photog.

Are we talking about Esther Zimmerman (who married Phillip LeClerc a number of years ago)? That was awhile ago. Very rustic Alaskan wedding. They've since had at least one baby. Went to Greece with DPIAT before he got busted.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we talking about Esther Zimmerman (who married Phillip LeClerc a number of years ago)? That was awhile ago. Very rustic Alaskan wedding. They've since had at least one baby. Went to Greece with DPIAT before he got busted.

Nope, I'm talking about his other sister. Her wedding was actually a little before Esther's, and was a little less rustic, per her style. Doug officiated at Esther's. They were extremely disappointed when they found out about Doug....and just for the record, no one I know still supports him.

• 5 weeks later...

Bumping to report that, per Cody Winton's public Twitter account, they plan to livestream the wedding next Saturday:

plus.google.com/events/c8l3r0chr1nq2je2p2clv4jekso

Also from his Twitter page:

Said goodbye to my roommate, Peter Bringe today. He's moving on and I'm prepping my home for my family, @thewintons coming into town.

i.e., the Peter Bringe engaged to Melody Seppi.

twitter.com/codywinton92/status/500716875790422016

Bumping to report that, per Cody Winton's public Twitter account, they plan to livestream the wedding next Saturday:

plus.google.com/events/c8l3r0chr1nq2je2p2clv4jekso

Also from his Twitter page:

i.e., the Peter Bringe engaged to Melody Seppi.

twitter.com/codywinton92/status/500716875790422016

Nice find, Marian! I'll look forward to watching the Serven wedding. Sarah actually seems pretty hip and less hard-core fundie than either of her older sisters, so hopefully this will be more fun than fundie.

But must we have the password to the wedding site to view it?

What is google plus, anyway? Will that be the best chance of someone watching it, who hasn't been password included?

TIA, btw!!!

But must we have the password to the wedding site to view it?

What is google plus, anyway? Will that be the best chance of someone watching it, who hasn't been password included?

TIA, btw!!!

It doesn't look like a password will be required...won't know for sure until next Saturday, when the next great Transfer Of Authority takes place. But I agree with those here who've said this union seems different than those of the older Serven sisters - Sarah and Cody seem to be taking a "We're a couple of wacky kids 'jumping into this crazy adventure called marriage'" approach. Interesting...

Today is the day! Here is a link to the livestream on youtube:

youtube.com/watch?v=AsZQjKCn_wE

It starts in 2 and half hours.

Argh. I made a haircut appointment for the exact same time. Commentary and updates, pretty please?? I'll try to catch the last part of it...

Lousy video and terrible audio. You'd think that the Servens could do better.

camera is in the church balcony so it's hard to pick out the details.

Cody is in a suit. 5 groomsmen in shirts and either vests or suspenders.

5 bridesmaids in some shade of light blue/light green/turquoise. Tea length with cap sleeves.

Sarah's dress looks rather fitted with cap sleeves, a short train and no veil.

[hidden][/hidden]

Not only are we not getting any cray with this one, we can't even properly critique the dresses. Two thumbs DOWN.

Thanks for posting the link. Did the kiss last as long as it seemed to? Laughing. Did the tape speed up at the end – or did Cody and Sarah absolutely book it down the aisle? I'm sitting in a café and can't turn the volume up as loud as I'd like to.

I took it is a shout out to my wedding crashing self that the pastor referenced the reception being at a place listed on the back of the program, so that lurking video watchers couldn't show up there. I know, I know – giving myself way too much credit. Well, except for the "be fruitful" part in that benediction, I agreed – little to Snark on here. I totally wish the best for them. And if they want the quiver full, may it happen.

PS: any indication that the little ringbearer was Nimmers (Nehemiah) Loomis?

Just finished watching the replay - agree, terrible sound quality, and can't see the dresses well enough to form an opinion. Ditto for the identity of the ring bearer, but my money's on Nehemiah, he's the right age. Lots of crying little ones, which made it hard to hear everything coming from the business end of the church. If the words "transfer of authority" were uttered, I did not catch them. I did hear Pa Serven instruct Sarah to "obey" her husband...but what else is new??

I wish them joy - mazel tov!

I think the Seppis have really spoiled us when it comes to weddings. They've set the bar so high. Combine that with the fact that all the former Vision Forum people are trying to look "normal" now to distance themselves from Doug, and... well, it's slim pickings.

Watching the replay right now -- geez, I'm 15 minutes in and the sound is still terrible. Does it get better? Not sure I've got the patience for this. And I feel sorry for them if this is the only video they got of their wedding -- that sucks!

Instagram photo from Sarah's FIL's publicly available account: http://instagram.com/p/sDYSqLgtwS/.

Looks like all, or nearly all, the Serven grands were in the wedding.

ETA: Is that Virginia Phillips in front, in front of the groom's knees?

Sarah's neckline and hat remind me of a cross between a 60's stewardess with a hint of the Jackie O. look. Interesting choice.

Instagram photo from Sarah's FIL's publicly available account: http://instagram.com/p/sDYSqLgtwS/.

Looks like all, or nearly all, the Serven grands were in the wedding.

ETA: Is that Virginia Phillips in front, in front of the groom's knees?

You nearly gave me a heart attack! But I think it's the eldest Serven grandchild, Beth's & Abraham Lincoln's. Her hair came in very late and is about right for her age now (5?). The child also seems small to be Virginia but then again, Va's dad is a short little d'head.

I timed it. Rev. Dr. Pa Serven stood between Sarah and Cody for 6 minutes, which out of a 54-minute service is way too long. Why not have all four parents up there, symbolizing the continuation of their families into this new family?

Oh, right, TOA.

I timed it:Those kids stood for fifty.four.minutes. That's blamed nuts. But hey, their young legs and backs can take it, right? (And that didn't even include the Eucharist!)

I'm so over it: You do NOT mess with the Aaronic blessing

"The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:

The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."

You to NOT add in there, "And make you fruitful." Dang, you stoopid dominionists!

Also, looks to me like Sarah led Cody down the chancel steps. Go, Sarah!

Finally: Beth & Abe have 3, Rebecca & Steven have 2, Peter and Mrs. Peter have 2 .... but there are 9 littles in the photo. Two Wintons???

Really finally: I love the neckline on her dress! She's such a pretty, and it really frames her face. Nicely done, Sarah. (Was Rebecca a matron? If so, it'll have been the first time anybody but Steven and the midwife saw her knees! I don't think we ever saw her in a skirt shorter than tea-length!

I believe Rebecca was the 3rd bridesmaid to enter and then I think Beth was the matron of honor. Hard to tell, but just by the way they walk and their heights and hair color, that's my guess.

And if so, I'm sure Rebecca was none too happy about the skirt length.

10598646_257748224424022_1153069031_a.jpg

She is one. beautiful. bride. I love the dress, it really suits her and sets off her looks. A classic.

MJB is right, the little blonde girl is the oldest Ten Dolle child. The cute little one having a meltdown is Rebecca and Steven's Priscilla Jane, and the little guy in suspenders is her brother Nehemiah. Don't know the names of the rest...

Agree that it would've been nice if all four parents had been up there together, but this is patriarchy we're talking about, and Rev. Serven was driving the bus.

Looking forward to more pics.

Looks like Peter Bringe is a good friend of the groom based on the pics posted. Why is it I have a hard time imagining the Seppis having actual semi-normal looking friends?

10598646_257748224424022_1153069031_a.jpg

She is one. beautiful. bride. I love the dress, it really suits her and sets off her looks. A classic.

MJB is right, the little blonde girl is the oldest Ten Dolle child. The cute little one having a meltdown is Rebecca and Steven's Priscilla Jane, and the little guy in suspenders is her brother Nehemiah. Don't know the names of the rest...

Agree that it would've been nice if all four parents had been up there together, but this is patriarchy we're talking about, and Rev. Serven was driving the bus.

Looking forward to more pics.

yes, you're both right - also this instagram photo has been tagged with "ten dolle." Cute bunch of mini-attendants though.

Count me as a fan of this dress as well. Very lovely & graceful. May I say that I am eternally grateful that the still-current fashion of strapless bridal gowns -- pretty on so few, unflattering on so many -- was NOT yet in fashion when I married. Even back then, 'twould not have been a success...

Off to gag now... a caption from the Serven blog

"Mrs. Z. encouraging us in blessing the men in our lives - be it father, or husband."

Archived