IGNORED

Steve Maxwell throws his dad Paul Bargar under the bus

SPHASH

I don't think we ever got the exact reason Steve left his job. He wrote this in a Corner in Sept. 1997;

"In January I told my boss I could not do what they were asking me to do. As a Christian it would violate my conscience and as a result I expected to be let go. There have been many interactions since then over this and nothing has happened yet even though I have stood my ground. Two weeks ago I met with the company president and told him I thought my position ought to be eliminated as no one should be asked to do those things. He gave my boss until the end of the month to resolve the situation. So will it be resolved by then? Only the Lord knows."

He wrote this just a few months after he wrote about not wanting to have lunch with a female supplier, so it might have been because of that, but I don't think they ever said exactly why.

One of the reasons we won't get the reason because if Steve signed an agreement, it may stipulate he not discuss the terms of his leaving.

Who knows what this refusal was, but it could have been a critical job function that he was refusing to carry out or it was just one more thing in a whole list of things he was refusing to do. I don't think that refusal to take a saleswoman out to lunch would have been enough in itself to can him, though it may have caused some problems if this was a major supplier.

Remember, this is the guy who thinks that if dads don't have control over their families and keep them on schedule, it's worthy of going to hell. :cray-cray: So I can only imagine what kind of things he saw as violating his conscience. It may not be the anything that we would think of as objectionable.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reminded me of a Watchtower copy a JW handed me once. Inside was an article about "Do you know what your teenagers are up to?" The opening was supposed to sketch out the "typical" teenager. Sulky, rebellious, unenthusiastic. Then the greatest line ever "He or she lies in bed all day, headphones on, listening to the rapid beats of the latest jazz album."

No, not jazz! Don't tell me it's come to that!

Oh NOEZ! Not the latest jazz album!

jazzybass_zps30978118.gif

You'd think they'd update their copy in the last 80 years or so. And religious organizations wonder why they're losing young people.

:lol:

Oh NOEZ! Not the latest jazz album!

jazzybass_zps30978118.gif

You'd think they'd update their copy in the last 80 years or so. And religious organizations wonder why they're losing young people.

:lol:

The thing was the illustration was from the late 70s, early 80s, and the article described teenagers wearing torn jeans, so it likely had been written after the time the typical teen was obsessed with the dulcet tones of Benny Goodman. (I received the magazine in winter 2003.)

The part talking about masturbation was hilarious (it details needing to watch boys, but then adds not to worry about one's daughters, since there is no recorded case of females ever masturbating). I really wish I had kept the issue so I could transcribe the article for all of you.

The thing was the illustration was from the late 70s, early 80s, and the article described teenagers wearing torn jeans, so it likely had been written after the time the typical teen was obsessed with the dulcet tones of Benny Goodman. (I received the magazine in winter 2003.)

The part talking about masturbation was hilarious (it details needing to watch boys, but then adds not to worry about one's daughters, since there is no recorded case of females ever masturbating). I really wish I had kept the issue so I could transcribe the article for all of you.

WOW. Tell that to my hand, crazy JWs.

:wanker: :handsex:

This is what those Slutty Duggars do. I wonder how much of the Courtship presentation is as much about convincing the Maxwell 'children' as much as anything. It must chafe that girls a bit more than half Sarah age are being married off when she's still at home writing about her imaginary family and eating burritos filled with tasteless brown mush. I'd love to know how Steve has responded to their ex compatriot's(the Duggars in particular, but they're not the only ones) slipping standards.

Stuck at home eating those burrito things - so true!

Though maybe better the icky looking burritos than the son still at home known as the one who is most appreciated for eating the leftovers no one else likes or wants - on first or second go 'round apparently! :lol:

Truthfully, I think if they feel like airing their 'superiority' in selective standards for courting over anyone, that it'd have to be the Bates.

After all, they're the ones who let their kids come up with their own lines in their relationships (and in practice not just word like the Duggars it seems). They're the ones being vocal about some of the courtship stuff/standards being detrimental as things had been done.

I'm actually curious to see if the Bates moving that direction, along with the Muncks also seeming to, if we might start seeing more of the others also doing so, despite the Duggars not having moved that far - yet.

Meanwhile poor Sarah Maxwell will sit at home.

Too bad we know Steve will never let them find out things are changing in much of the fundie world and will keep doing his ridiculous seminars to those who still buy their form of 'this-way-to-a-successful-life-spiel' :roll:

This is what those Slutty Duggars do. I wonder how much of the Courtship presentation is as much about convincing the Maxwell 'children' as much as anything. It must chafe that girls a bit more than half Sarah age are being married off when she's still at home writing about her imaginary family and eating burritos filled with tasteless brown mush. I'd love to know how Steve has responded to their ex compatriot's(the Duggars in particular, but they're not the only ones) slipping standards.

I don't think Steve feels he has to convince the "children" of anything anymore. He has trained them never to question him, and they probably don't; it's too painful :cry:

Did we ever determine whether "dort" was a typo or deliberate?

I can't figure out what it might have been a typo of -- I thought it was their attempt at a combo word that is part dating and part courting.

Although it does also sound like what you do when you're sewing a dross and need to make a fotted bostline :D

I don't think it was a typo. It's spelled the same way in the events section of their website.

You know, I had been skeptical that Steve reads here, but now that they've taken down the dorting, I'm convinced. Hi Steve!

I don't think it was a typo. It's spelled the same way in the events section of their website.

You know, I had been skeptical that Steve reads here, but now that they've taken down the dorting, I'm convinced. Hi Steve!

Hi Steve! :greetings-wavingblue:

Why won't you come play????

Hi Steve! :greetings-wavingblue:

Why won't you come play????

Hey, Steve! Was it something we said?

It's been clear for quite a long time that Steve reads here. Too many spelling and grammar errors have been corrected and more than one conference session title has been modified. Things have been clarified by Sarah and comments have been swiffered after John Hugh blows his cover here. (Damn that passive voice is hard to do.)

Steve probably has to pray for strength for hours before he opens FJ to read. I expect he prayed and wept all night to get the evil thoughts out of his head after reading Joan of Snarc's post above! Hee!

Now I have the Bee Gees "Jive Talkin" stuck in my head.

I immediately thought of this:

[bBvideo 560,340:1utc9yjg]

[/bBvideo]

I immediately thought of this:

[bBvideo 560,340:1x23dqau]

[/bBvideo]

Hahahaha, perfect!

Archived