IGNORED

Steve Maxwell throws his dad Paul Bargar under the bus

SPHASH

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just crying with laughter at the Energizer Bunnies!

Thoughtful, I think you only missed one. We need the Energizer Bunny beating drumming the crap out of THE BEAST!

Oh, yes! Actually, Mr. P and I practically wrote a dissertation on the subject. :cracking-up:

Well, not really that funny. Our exposure to Maxhell was upsetting and we needed to write it out. It took me a few minutes to find the thread.

The several part really l-o-n-g "Reports from Greenfield" start at the bottom of this page viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17324&start=380

Mr. P's take is Part 3, I think. If you read the thread a lot of others chimed in with their own experiences of Maxhell and there are links to other first-hand reports by Fjers.

Awesome! Thank you! :D

Dorting sounds like something the Swedish Chef from the Muppets would say.

Why would anyone take courtship advice from the Maxwells? Didn't they have a conference about courtship when Joe was in a courtship/engaged?

Steve didn't get crazy unttil, I think the fourth or five child. Something just set him off. He went from working and sending his kids to school to creating his own religion.

I wonder which Maxwell came up with that term during the brainstorming session? You know much laughter ensued.

Not to mention hours of prayerful contemplation, a Power Point presentation, and close scrutiny of Bible passages which might show that using slang results in DEATH.

Hi Steve!

Not to mention hours of prayerful contemplation, a Power Point presentation, and close scrutiny of Bible passages which might show that using slang results in DEATH.

Hi Steve!

Not to mention a lecture from Steve-O about not making an idol of jokes and laughter. As penance no one is allowed to smile for two weeks. Instead the time they would have spent smiling shall be reserved for prayers.

Shouldn't it be "dourting?"

I think I like "d'ourting." Has that faux-kultured ring to it.

According to Merriam-Webster, dort means 'to take offense'. Sounds about right for a Maxwell.

Math SOTDRT Style

2 marriages - 4 courtships + 1 unmarried 31 year old daughter = Courtship FAIL

Anouncing a new conference and sessions including

Dating, Courtship, Dorting, Betrothal, or Whatever

WTF is DORTING?

Can someone capture a screenshot before it disappears?

Hey!!! I want credit for pointing this out on the Maxhell thread :stir-pot:

I'm just crying with laughter at the Energizer Bunnies!

Thoughtful, I think you only missed one. We need the Energizer Bunny beating drumming the crap out of THE BEAST!

Glad I could amuse!

Alas, I can only caption, I can't do Photoshoppish things. I leave the image of Stevenergizer bunny beating the TV for someone else.

I don't think I ever noticed that the Energizer bunny wears flip-flops. No frumper, though.

Wow, terms related to courting are in the urban dictionary? Mind blown. :shock: how common is this courting thing?!?

How would I know? I am not even a native speaker LOL!!

Shouldn't it be "dourting?"

I think I like "d'ourting." Has that faux-kultured ring to it.

Who was d'Artagnan d'ourting, when knighthood was in flower?

Glad I could amuse!

Alas, I can only caption, I can't do Photoshoppish things. I leave the image of Stevenergizer bunny beating the TV for someone else.

I don't think I ever noticed that the Energizer bunny wears flip-flops. No frumper, though.

Thanks for the laughs. I can't even caption let alone photoshop so I dearly hope that someone with appropriate skills fulfills my hope. :P

And, yes, those are flip-flops. I never noticed that before.

Steve didn't get crazy unttil, I think the fourth or five child. Something just set him off. He went from working and sending his kids to school to creating his own religion.

Meh, I imagine Steve in his crib wailing at his mother, "Enough with the feeding on demand, I need a schedule!"

A resounding No! on the fourth or fifth kid. I need Sparkles's input for this because she has the time-line taped and I'm in IIRC territory.

Steve and Teri and the first 3 kids lead a fairly normal life -- until Teri's PPD/hormonal problems/clinical depression really kicked in. Steve had a vasectomy after Sarah. Why? Because the family was in total free-fall with Teri's genuine depression. Seriously. They have documented this.

At some point thereafter God spoke to Steve (and Steve was perhaps forced to report to a woman) about QF and he decided on the reversal.

And to quit his well paying job. He consulted Teri's Dad about the reversal, but not Teri (as far as any of us can tell from their writings).

"Something" happened in there. Who knows what.

But can you imagine a man with a wife deep in depression, barely able to function and to care for her existing children, reversing his vasectomy to impregnate her with 5 more kids to care for?

I can imagine it. Steve Maxwell. :roll:

If there were such a thing as a Fundie Action Barbie, that "bio photo" of Mary would be in the dictionary next to the definition.

Meh, I imagine Steve in his crib wailing at his mother, "Enough with the feeding on demand, I need a schedule!"

A resounding No! on the fourth or fifth kid. I need Sparkles's input for this because she has the time-line taped and I'm in IIRC territory.

Steve and Teri and the first 3 kids lead a fairly normal life -- until Teri's PPD/hormonal problems/clinical depression really kicked in. Steve had a vasectomy after Sarah. Why? Because the family was in total free-fall with Teri's genuine depression. Seriously. They have documented this.

At some point thereafter God spoke to Steve (and Steve was perhaps forced to report to a woman) about QF and he decided on the reversal.

And to quit his well paying job. He consulted Teri's Dad about the reversal, but not Teri (as far as any of us can tell from their writings).

"Something" happened in there. Who knows what.

But can you imagine a man with a wife deep in depression, barely able to function and to care for her existing children, reversing his vasectomy to impregnate her with 5 more kids to care for?

I can imagine it. Steve Maxwell. :roll:

I think that is pretty much on the money! Good job.

Thanks, Nelliebelle.

Just to add a couple more thoughts on the "something" that happened:

The Maxwell spin on the whole thing is that Steve was reading his bible one night and suddenly got an overwhelming feeling that God wanted him to have the vasectomy reversed, leave the career that involved a lot of travel, start his own business, and help depressed and overwhelmed Teri as a SAHD. What a man!

Pure speculation on my part: Something very bad happened at his job and Steve was, if not fired, paid to go away without a good reference and not much chance of getting a similar job. Teri was already struggling and the family was in free-fall. Steve's back-up plan (they were already Fundie-lite) was to go the full Patriarchal route and turn that into his new home business.

He looked at Gothard, Pearl, and others as an example and laid out his business plan. Of course he had to go QF to succeed with his target population, hence the need for the reversal and more kids. His particular talent and niche was to become more controlling and isolating than all the rest of the Fundie leaders combined. He's refined that isolation over the years into his new religion.

One more nugget of information from Mr. P that did not make it into last year's report. In the session for Dads Steve talks at some length and with emphasis about how he does not hear God's actual voice. He is just sort of overcome with a certainty that God is telling him the direction to take. Mr. P found the emphasis strange given the audience, and quipped afterwards that in the mainstream business world an employee claiming to hear voices would trigger a request for a Mental Health Assessment from most HR departments. Something to ponder.

Archived