IGNORED

Steve Maxwell throws his dad Paul Bargar under the bus

SPHASH

when I go to "articles" and "corners" on the website only Teri's articles show up for me. I can get Steve's by following the link that was posted; however, his don't show up on the website for me. Strange.

I can't find a direct link from their website either. Go to the blog and substitute the word dads for blog. That should take you right there. I wonder if Steve thinks that 'wimmen' won't be able to find it if he does it that way. You either have to subscribe or be clever (manly) enough to find a way around it.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dads.titus2.com/

Stevie's got it in an extra special place to keep us heathen women away.... :cray-cray: :nenner:

[OT] I just nipped over to One Ton Ramp and saw that a course on reloading one's PC cost $175. Being chicken, I paid someone to do it for me. Cost me $75.[/OT]

My goodness! Don't the Jack Stack Bbq restaurants serve ALCOHOL? Are Steve's standards slipping? Will the children be ruined? People want to know.

dads.titus2.com/

Stevie's got it in an extra special place to keep us heathen women away.... :cray-cray: :nenner:

I bookmarked it. Fuck you Steve. Seriously though (pun intended) Steve is a lot like Boob. Boob threw Jimmy under the bus too after he died, said he wasn't spiritual enough and was a lousy businessman.

I have pondered the same thing. Steve is beyond fucked up.

It seems fairly common for the first generation fundies who come from dysfunctional families to fall down the rabbit hole as they are looking for structure and stability. Steve is looking to control all things, and to make sure there is no way his children could ever be soiled. My armchair psychology studies tell me that people like that aren't born that way - things happen to them that make them that way.

Most parents realize they have to let their children go at some point, and even for those who have a hard time with this concept the children eventually do break free and create their own lives to a greater or lesser degree. But Steve somehow has been able to hold hostage his 8 children. Did Steve have something awful happen to him and use it as a lesson to his children?

Both that and the fear of death which seems to be behind most of his "do you know where you will go when you die?" personal religion. I still say the fear of death came first, and when he was in that mode he hit the Ray Comfort style question, it resonated with him, and he's spent all his time since then frantically running around trying to make sure he has enough points to get into heaven. Everything in life on earth to him is just pointless and flavorless, it's just all about that end goal. Pie in the sky when you die, but to extremes.

I have no idea what it might have BEEN, but.

(...yes! I am alive! Work has finally gotten less crazy, got more time for internet...)

Actually, some ppl who have been to their seminars/infomercials say he _is_ charming in a way or, at least, that he has the potential and could be charming if he dropped the spiel about being responsible for your children's eternal reward.

Anyway,he doesn't need to be charming to be a cult leader. He didn't need to attract anyone, they all entered the cult as infants.

I just have to know if they went to the Duggar wedding. I can imagine the fun overload. At least the duggars interact with others and play games and believe in fun and unregulated junk food. I think all of those people would have been overwhelming for them actually.

I just have to know if they went to the Duggar wedding. I can imagine the fun overload. At least the duggars interact with others and play games and believe in fun and unregulated junk food. I think all of those people would have been overwhelming for them actually.

I'm pretty sure they would have gone - they were friends with the Duggars pre TLC - Teri was one of Michelle's "mentors" and the Duggars were a test family for MOTH and chore packs. They still endorse each others products.

Plus, it was THE big fundie event. If Steve wants to keep up his profile and appeal and appear to be influential in that world he had to put in an appearance.

I hope the "kids" gorged on the sickeningly sugary reception refreshments, that a lovely man in his thirties noticed Poor Sarah, that Mary flirted demurely with one of the less obnoxious Duggar boys (Josiah?) or even better, a Bates boy, and that John was thoroughly defrauded and filled with desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled by the relatively scantily clad mainstream conservative Christian young ladies in attendance.

I just read an article that the Duggar wedding had 1000(!) guests, and had a bunch of volunteers cooking and baking.

I'll bet anything the Maxwells (or, at least the wimmen folk) did some of the cooking and baking.

I'm also betting that is why the blog has been so quiet lately. They probably got there early to help.

I also agree that they probably won't blog about it.

But, since the Duggars belong to TLC and People magazine maybe they're not allowed to? Who knows?

I'm also betting People magazine does a big (maybe cover) story on the wedding this week. Wouldn't it be a hoot to see the Maxwells in some of the pictures?

I'm sure all the guests had to sign waivers to TLC so that their photos could be used if they happened to be in any of them. I doubt Stevie would have allowed that with members of his family. Don't what to be seen as fame whores, you know.

I would think Steveovah and his personal cult, er, family would have attended. They have attended Duggar events before and as pointed out, it is a big fundie event. And particularly if he wants to taken seriously within fundieland, he needs to suck it up even if the weddings don't include enough talk of death, there's cupcakes instead of two animal crackers and just generally there's way to much fun (in comparision to a Maxwell approved event).

I think that the Maxwells would have been shocked by Jill's defrauding wedding dress. Showing collarbone and shoulders, oh, my.

I think that the Maxwells would have been shocked by Jill's defrauding wedding dress. Showing collarbone and shoulders, oh, my.

And I imagine it would be very hard for Sarah to see a 24yo woman married. If she ever finds out that Boob set them up and even took Jill to Katmandu (sp?), it would be a knife to her heart.

So, to compensate for his father's alleged neglect, Steve simply every moment with his kids, doesn't allow them other friends, so far no spouses for any of the girls, barely expands the nest for the boys when they marry.

So-- was Steve molested or abused in someway by a coach or something when he was a kid and he blames his dad for not being there to protect him--hence the fear of sleepovers, tv, sports, being out of the sight of your parents at any age, etc? Because, honestly... it is pretty freaking weird, then the "daddy never had time for me." Post. I wonder if when he dies his kids will say "dad smothered me" .

I wonder if he was. I know my dad worked hard 6 sometimes seven days a week and couldn't always be there. Heck he even missed my high school graduation, but I didn't freak out and hold that against him. There are also tons of parents who can't be there all the time. I wish Steve would talk about his childhood. Maybe there are some reasons why he's the way he is.

My father died last Thursday and I was with him at the hospice for the last several days of his life. My dad was not perfect, but he was a great father overall. Dad did things that would drive Stevehovah nuts. First, he made sure my sister and I understood that there was no barrier keeping us from doing anything. We both work in computer technology. Second, he kicked all three of us kids out of the nest and made us make it on our own. Yeah, it was difficult, but all us kids managed to find our way and we're all law-abiding, taxpaying citizens today. Our family isn't and won't fall apart because my father's passed on.

And as my dad was dying, I was just there for him, letting him know I was there. I didn't preach at him. (I don't believe in that racket anyway.) Daddy was in a coma and even before that, for a couple of years, he'd been in the grips of Alzheimer's. Dad would have either not understood Stevehovah-style death preaching preaching or it would have frightened him unnecessarily.

Yeah, I miss my dad. I don't think Steve Maxwell misses his.

I feel your pain mirele. My dad died about eight years ago. Your grief is overwhelming now and that's OK, but it will eventually go away I promise.

mirele, you and your family will be in my thoughts. May your good memories of him be a comfort to you in your time of grief.

Archived