IGNORED

Raquel's "I'm not looking for a specific bf"

merrily

Actually, in Raquel's case she uses abolitionists as in she wants to abolish modern day slavery. She had a whole "charity" for her cause, but when she attempted to host a concert and nobody showed up and she couldn't get any famous people to play at it she quickly gave it up. She said she was too busy to run it and gave it to another person.

Raquel is always looking for the quickest and easiest way to fame and attention and she thought she could get it through being an abolitionists. When that didn't happen she was over it. She still calls herself an abolitionists, but now all she does it posts pictures of herself with a red x on her hand.

People attempted to point out the hypocrisy of supporting slavery in the past while claiming she is trying to abolish modern slavery but she pretty much stuck her fingers in her ears and went 'LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU! Didn't the Southern ladies have such pretty dresses back then?"

She is anti-abortion too. But she just calls that being pro-life. She deleted her anti-abortion story "Life's Choices." I think even she eventually realized how horrible it was.

Oh, and I left out the most important part about Raquel. She once wrote a story with a magic penis ferret. She has since deleted it. But copies might be floating around FJ still. It was an amazing story. :lol:

ETA:

Raquel is going to audition for American Idol? Or at least she claims she is. She is going to sing Timber by Pitt Bull and Keisha. She is for sure not even pretending to be fundie anymore. She just uses Jesus as an excuse for her doing nothing with her life. Jesus doesn't want her to go to college, get a job, volunteer or do anything but take selfies.

http://instagram.com/p/pPDw9Dw4TS/

Raquel also had a charity where she made pillows cases for victims of human trafficking. Because that's what victims of trafficking need most - not shelter, support, therapy, education, but pillowcases, with bits of scripture in them. So helpful!

She also used to have a blog about hollywood. It was mostly picspam with her comments aroudn them. I think the average buzzfeed article has more content.

As for the Peru trip, what is she doing there besides loving on the orphans? I mean couldn't they take the 2,000 to support the orphanage, maybe give the kids more enrichment or therapy than a random american coming to hang out with them in for a week ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot about her Hollywood blog. Didn't have a messed up Latin name too?

As for the Peru trip, what is she doing there besides loving on the orphans? I mean couldn't they take the 2,000 to support the orphanage, maybe give the kids more enrichment or therapy than a random american coming to hang out with them in for a week ?

I agree, this is the problem with short term missions - too much money is wasted on someone's vacation when it could do monumental things for the people there.

The Friendly Athiest illustrates this well http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... ally-help/

Could you imagine what $2,000 could do in terms of food, water, shelter, medical care, helping the church etc in Peru? But it has to be eaten up by whatever airline Raquel wants. The worst part is that she won't even pay for the stupid thing herself. Not only is she wasting money that could actually be doing the things she is suppose ku so concerned about, but she isn't even acting like a responsible adult by making everyone and their brother to pay for it.

As for the American Idol craziness, I think she might be able to make it on TV if she sings one of those weird Jesus-Boyfriend hybrid "worship" songs she is always raving about. If she pulls it off just right she may look nuts enough to get on camera!

Fun fact: The term "abolitionist," as used by certain flavors of Christians[tm][/tm], is used to mean "anti-abortion." I don't know why--perhaps because they aim to abolish abortion?

Maybe their way of trying to align themselves with abolitionists in the 1860's without actually having to be against slavery?

Raquel is going to audition for American Idol? Or at least she claims she is. She is going to sing Timber by Pitt Bull and Keisha. She is for sure not even pretending to be fundie anymore. She just uses Jesus as an excuse for her doing nothing with her life. Jesus doesn't want her to go to college, get a job, volunteer or do anything but take selfies.

http://instagram.com/p/pPDw9Dw4TS/

She's not going to bet past the first round.

Speaking of her insta, all the freaking Dutch Bros drinks - they are not fair trade (I am aware someone addressed this somewhere else on the thread) and she pumps so much money into them.

She is fueling slavery by blowing her mission trip money.

Jesus IS just an excuse for her to live a selfish, lazy, daydream life. Raquel, if you really want to serve others, you will stop making others serve you. If you really love God, you won't treat His love like a boyfriend. If you really want a boyfriend who won't be a dick - stop being so fake.

Actually, it's Ke$ha, not Keisha. I agree with posters upthread that she probably won't take rejection well unless she's somehow changed since the dance audition episode a while back.

In a way, I pity Raquel because she's occupied herself with getting a husband (content with singleness, my butt) and the fundy maiden act didn't work out too well for her, which might explain why she deleted her sovereigngracesingles.com account and her choice of audition song.

So, basically, she's admitting that she's throwing herself at anything with a Y chromosome then?

And a pulse of course, well at least one could hope!

And a pulse of course, well at least one could hope!

Considering her voice, maybe a deaf guy would be best.

Actually, it's Ke$ha, not Keisha. I agree with posters upthread that she probably won't take rejection well unless she's somehow changed since the dance audition episode a while back.

In a way, I pity Raquel because she's occupied herself with getting a husband (content with singleness, my butt) and the fundy maiden act didn't work out too well for her, which might explain why she deleted her sovereigngracesingles.com account and her choice of audition song.

Kesha dropped the "$" fairly recently, which was a sensible move IMO. This contrasts with Raquel, who seems incapable of making a sensible move.

You couldn't make me be 19 again for all the tea in China, but I gotta admit that one thing I do miss about being that age is the absolute conviction that all my ideas were really novel and exciting. I mean, duh, everybody who is both sane and over about 25 realizes that you do not need to have a man who checks every little ticky box on your ideal man list in order to be happy with him. But DAMN if that thought isn't meaningful to you when you first have it.

This is why I had a frequently-updated livejournal when I was 19 and now in my thirties delete most of my facebook comments before hitting "post":)

I spend a lot of time on a local college campus and read the student newspaper and every time I read their opinion articles (a recent one had someone pointing out to us that Jesus was probably not white and therefore we should all examine our assumptions) I keep going "AWWWW. It thinks this is new AWWWW."

I look at the pretentious things my nephew, his girlfriend and my cousins' kids in that age group post online for the whole world and am very grateful there was no internet when I was 19 and thought my opinions were so original and deep.

I'm no songwriter, but even songs for children have more than 4 lines :evil-eye:

I'm no songwriter, but even songs for children have more than 4 lines :evil-eye:

It's funny how they access to all that expensive equipment and manage to do a crappy cover and write only, well, the half-assed kid's song.

Cody supposably works in music production - he is no Ryan Lewis obviously.

I don't know, I know of a few Contemporary Christian songs with four lines or less repeated over and over and over.

I don't know, I know of a few Contemporary Christian songs with four lines or less repeated over and over and over.

Yeah contemporary Christian music is just generally crap. As Hank Hill would say, they are not making Christianity any better, they are just making rock and roll worse.

Because a soldier holding a gun is so damn casual it's just plain redneck :angry-banghead:

post-9860-14451999188423_thumb.jpg

Because a soldier holding a gun is so damn casual it's just plain redneck :angry-banghead:

Dear Raquel-

Shut the fuck up already. It wasn't some sort of statement. That rifle keeps that soldier alive. Chances are excellent that soldier is not allowed to go ANYWHERE without it.

But mostly just shut the fuck up.

Sincerely

The Goalie, Former Army National Guard and current Air National Guard spouse.

(Same husband, he switched branches to deploy more often.)

Raquel has left for Peru for 17 days

She has this to say

"When the LORD first made it clear to me that this was what He wanted me to do, I was like ‘okay, but I have absolutely no idea how to raise all the funds for my trip, so I’m handing this all over to You to provide for me’. And He did. I raised all the money I needed - and more!"

I could spam this thread with tons of verses from Proverbs and beyond showing that hard work is what God would someone to do (although I honestly don't think Raquel consults anyone on anything) but I will not because it is a pretty universal view that one should pay for their own shit.

Who in fuck even gave her money?

She set up a lemonade stand outside her house. Nobody came because its weird for a 19 year old to do it. And her lemonade sucked. So her parents c ame out and bought all the lemonade every day, and forcing thieir friends to show up until she had more than enough money to go to peru.

She set up a lemonade stand outside her house. Nobody came because its weird for a 19 year old to do it. And her lemonade sucked. So her parents c ame out and bought all the lemonade every day, and forcing thieir friends to show up until she had more than enough money to go to peru.

Seriously?

Archived