IGNORED

Ruchi is trying to monetize

longskirts

outoftheorthobox.blogspot.com

She's asking for $25 a month for an ad, $25 for a guest post or $75 for four guest posts.

I wonder if she's going to get anything given that she only posts once a week at the most. I think she'd like to be the Jewish version of the old Raising Olives (when RO was posting all the time and had lots of sponsors and partners), but it's going to be hard for her to build that kind of following when there aren't the same numbers of Jewish fundies online.

The Jewish crowd is smaller, but it's an outreach blog so it's not aimed at just Jewish fundies.

She's smart to write articles for Aish. Their site gets tons of traffic, with the same sort of audience that Ruchi is after. Her parenting article was pretty good, and very Aish-friendly: numbered points to remember, sensible positive-parenting advice, and some plausible tie-ins to Jewish texts. [i tend to like the Aish parenting advice in general, since it tends to be sensible and gentle and nothing like the Pearls.]

She wrote something for Kveller recently too, not sure if they get paid for that though. (I think they do?) I feel like she says she writes for the non-orthodox crowd, but when I go through the comments on most of her articles a lot of the comments are written by Orthodox Jews. It will be interesting to see if she gets and advertisers. She doesn't post as frequently as is necessary for most monetized blogs.

Aw, I'm disappointed, I read the thread title as "Ruth is trying to monetize" and thought Razing Ruth had shown up somewhere. I was so excited to see the drama! :popcorn2:

Archived