IGNORED

Marth Looks for Dresses

nelliebelle1197

There are restrictions at some wedding dress shops and by certain designers that they don't allow photos to be taken of the dresses. They also wouldn't want to post a picture of the one she selected or at least our family wouldn't. We like to keep the dress a surprise.

Yeah, the latter makes sense. I had no idea about the former!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New update on Morton blog. It appears Little Man Tayte has a house now with a mail box already in place. I'm guessing a wedding by Labor Day...maybe. Everyone looks happy. Notice Marth and Tayte don't touch much. I remember her sister Darth held hands with Noah after the engagement. Guess these two are a little more restrictive.

Is it just me or does it look like Rachel's womb has been opened again? Look at the pic number 20: 1.bp.blogspot.com/-E1mhhGfEmdU/U8_YrjB6TaI/AAAAAAAASWE/oHA7pNtEPJo/s1600/2014MIX+1046.JPG

Or is it just the way the baby sits on her belly...?

I must say I really like Ma and Pa Morton's room with the bed by the window and the curtains flowing in the breeze. Pa Morton always looks like a very nice and kind man, kind of a jolly guy. I almost have to remind me that these people are the very strict kind of fundies, a family where a son was denied his dream to be a missionary (a Godly job!) and a daughter was almost incapable of making her first own decision ever whether to marry her suitor or not.

Why does the mother write like that? It's truly bizarre... not to mention cringeworthy once I realized the post was written by an adult.

Why does the mother write like that? It's truly bizarre... not to mention cringeworthy once I realized the post was written by an adult.

The post was written by Adeline, who is 23 :|.

I agree LurkerOverThePond. I often have to remind myself that the Mortons are very strict. They seem so nice :?

I'm even more surprised it's the 23 year old. I mean, a grandmother might misjudge the internet as a forum, and behave inappropriate-cutesy.

But a 23 year old woman? Why? Doesn't she realize that most males would read that and go "WTF"?

It's easy to think the mother is writing the blog because of all the references to "our grandkids." Bizarre.

I'm a writer, as in, that's my job with which I pay the bills. I think Addie has some latent writing talent. You can hear the way she wants the words to sound as you read along. Unfortunately, she's overboard on the cutesy stuff and it comes across as creepy. Too bad, though, because I think she could have a very interesting (not in a trainwreck way) blog otherwise.

I don't often read the blogs we snark on here, but after all the comments on the writing style I had to go look.

Mums has been sewing! She has made THE most beautiful summer dress, eyelet, white, collared. Mes wants ones too.

I

whu

:shock:

Call me sick, but I still think "taint" every time I see "Tait" or "Tayte" or "Taiyht" or any other way these people can mangle this name. Why is it a "thing" with them? Because it really is; so much so that I feel it's only a matter of time before one of these sexually ignorant young couples actually does name some poor little boy "Taint."

Is it just me or does it look like Rachel's womb has been opened again? Look at the pic number 20: 1.bp.blogspot.com/-E1mhhGfEmdU/U8_YrjB6TaI/AAAAAAAASWE/oHA7pNtEPJo/s1600/2014MIX+1046.JPG

I must say I really like Ma and Pa Morton's room with the bed by the window and the curtains flowing in the breeze. Pa Morton always looks like a very nice and kind man, kind of a jolly guy. I almost have to remind me that these people are the very strict kind of fundies, a family where a son was denied his dream to be a missionary (a Godly job!) and a daughter was almost incapable of making her first own decision ever whether to marry her suitor or not.

Yeah and don't forget he doesn't talk about sex until a few days before the wedding. I'm not sure if this is just for the boys. I hope Ma Morton has educated the girls properly. I got a feeling Cleve got his sex education off the internet or library. He got married much older than his brothers and I don't think he would wait for his dad to give him info. In fact Cleve took Martha and Adeline to their 1st movie in an actual theater. This was when they were in their mid teens. That's just how long I've been reading about them :roll:

Call me sick, but I still think "taint" every time I see "Tait" or "Tayte" or "Taiyht" or any other way these people can mangle this name. Why is it a "thing" with them?

Tayte is awful, visually. That must suck to have to spell it every time, too.

It's easy to think the mother is writing the blog because of all the references to "our grandkids." Bizarre.

I'm a writer, as in, that's my job with which I pay the bills. I think Addie has some latent writing talent. You can hear the way she wants the words to sound as you read along. Unfortunately, she's overboard on the cutesy stuff and it comes across as creepy. Too bad, though, because I think she could have a very interesting (not in a trainwreck way) blog otherwise.

Addie needs to lay off the idiotic blog voice- she's not doing herself any favors in the man-catching department with it. Although, putting off the inevitable shackling to a mouth-breathing man-child might not be such a bad thing. Still, being the last girl at home after her younger sister is married off has to be stressful for her. That's an awful lot of tow-headed little brothers to serve and fawn over. I wish Addie a scholarship to Tulane or NYU or Berkeley... too bad she'll never get off the compound.

Tulane or NYU or Berkeley

Ha! My headship and his sister went to two of these schools, and it's hard to say whether he or she is the bigger bleeding heart now. Addie would have quite a time on any of these campuses, or alone in New Orleans, NYC, or Berkeley... :twisted:

I agree with SoybeanQueen that Addie actually does have a talent for writing. The baby talk is silly, but her descriptive writing is evocative, she has a strong and distinct voice, and her posts always hold my interest.

Yeah and don't forget he doesn't talk about sex until a few days before the wedding. I'm not sure if this is just for the boys. I hope Ma Morton has educated the girls properly.

I almost forgot that.

They live on a farm with lots of farm animals so they probably have seen "the way of the man with his bride" (<-- Pa Morton's exact words from a few years ago) many times. I do hope it's Ma Morton who educates the girls but I'm not so sure. When Dorothy was getting married there was a pic from 1-2 days before the wedding where she came back from town with her father from a special father-daughter date, and I instantly thought about "the Talk".

I don't often read the blogs we snark on here, but after all the comments on the writing style I had to go look.

I

whu

When I first read that one the blog I thought she was referring to someone whose nickname was "Mes" and the "s" at the end of "ones" was a typo. I now see what she was doing. :?

I do agree with you guys that she tries to be a good writer and does make the posts interesting and evocative, but her lack of education and sheltered lifestyle really limit her and shine through all too painly in the blog.

Addie does have talent, but her gushing style is so excessive it triggers every alarm. I've had students who refused to read anything but The Holy Bible for reading logs and were ridiculously sweet to my face. (Yes, miss. I read the Bible for six hours yesterday. Really!) They were inevitably two-faced little horrors. Every "mumsie" or "I just love little girls!" smells of sulphur and envy to me.

I

whu

She writes like Jar Jar Binks speaks.

:o

The inappropriate plurals strike me as a bit more Gollum-esque than Jar Jar.

The inappropriate plurals strike me as a bit more Gollum-esque than Jar Jar.

Some nightmarish Gollum/Jar Jar hybrid? Ugh. The "Mes" does sound more Jar Jar, though.

Looking at that first picture, though - if that boy is riding that horse/pony, I really hope there's a perspective issue going on, because as-is, it looks like the kid's feet would be halfway to the ground.

I'm even more surprised it's the 23 year old. I mean, a grandmother might misjudge the internet as a forum, and behave inappropriate-cutesy.

But a 23 year old woman? Why? Doesn't she realize that most males would read that and go "WTF"?

That could be the reason why she's still single.

In another picture (the one w/ just Rachel and her husband), her face looks fuller than usual, so she may indeed be pregnant.

Good god, I'm always going hear her as JaJa when I read her blog now.

There is no going back......

In another picture (the one w/ just Rachel and her husband), her face looks fuller than usual, so she may indeed be pregnant.

Its been a year since her last baby, so its more than likely that she is. Its been awhile for Katie too.

I've been wondering if fundy women-girls are encouraged to infantilize themselves? We already see how they are continually treated like children by their families until they marry, but are they encouraged to view themselves that way even when they're in their mid 20's and beyond? I've noticed that a lot of my fundy family and their friends tend to have a similar vomit inducing "cutesy" way of writing, but nowhere near as bad as this. Do they think this is how historical "ladies" spoke and wrote?

Archived