IGNORED

Marth Looks for Dresses

nelliebelle1197

If I recall correctly, the Mortons met the Alexanders fairly recently, the Alexander headship noticed Martha and told Tayte to court her. So the families did not know each other as well as Mortons and Smiths and Sanderses knew each other. The Alexanders had recently moved to the area from out of state. Their older kids have Google+ accounts where they post (albeit mostly teabaggy anti-abortion posts and the like), which does not seem like something the Smortons would be allowed to do. Perhaps the families have somewhat different views on courtship and theology? Tayte is the first of his siblings to become engaged. Perhaps the father decided it's ridiculous for these 2 kids to get married barely knowing each other?

I doubt that; he didn't seem to have a problem with them getting engaged barely knowing each other. If I recall, their pre-engagement courtship (as you pointed out, initiated largely by Pa Alexander) was very short - like, 1-2 months. And I somehow doubt backing out of an engagement is something the Mortons would allow, what with all their weird views on "betrothal" and the like. If I had to guess, I'd think the unusually long (for this crowd) engagement has more to do with Tayte (UGH, that NAME!) having only turned 18 shortly before or after the engagement and thus having to scramble to find a place and the means for his Biscuit Maker (tm Addie) to set up shop and start popping out their quiver of arrows.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed this- tell me about the debacle!

All of the Morton kids' friends (Campanas, Roberts, Kendalls, Lanes) and Lise and Cleve Morton went on a snowboarding trip (pascolife.blogspot.com/2012/03/snowboard-trip-with-group-los.html. Ma Morton made this post (mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/2012/02/new-years-2012.html) about contentment and my assumption has been since they haven't seemed as close with the other families that there was a difference somewhere in levels of fundie. It was the beginning of the long spells we see now between posts.

If I recall correctly, the Mortons met the Alexanders fairly recently, the Alexander headship noticed Martha and told Tayte to court her. So the families did not know each other as well as Mortons and Smiths and Sanderses knew each other.

On the other hand, the A's recently went back to their old home in Ohio, where they attended the wedding of one Sarah Morton, who bears a startling resemblance to "our" Morton girls. So there may have been some kind of familial acquaintance that led to the A's relocating to South Georgia.

• 3 weeks later...

I look forward to seeing the wedding pictures! I doubt that it will be another costume drama like some of the earlier Morton unions. Martha seems to have a more modern aesthetic.

It's already like a scene out of Children of the Corn out there in Mortonland. The grandquiver is going to explode at this rate.

• 1 month later...

I just want to bump this because the wedding is supposedly in two days (Alexander Family blog says the date was set of October 25 but there have been basically zero updates since)!! The lack of news out of the Mortons is killing me. They were my favorites and it's been so dull lately. The boys (Brothers Five - I don't have the link ATM) did post some pics of Martha and Tayte showing off their house...very cute photos of the two of them.

It looks like some type of manufactured home. I really want to repaint it. And redo the counters. Not a fan of the red and blue. I wonder where it is located...does Tayte's family live near Martha's? I hope that she is fairly close to home for Addie's sake.

Wow.... Marth is gonna live in a trailer. How many baybays can you stack like cordwood in there before you're bursting at the seams? I'd rather live in an apartment any day of the week.

Wow.... Marth is gonna live in a trailer. How many baybays can you stack like cordwood in there before you're bursting at the seams? I'd rather live in an apartment any day of the week.

I'm sure apartment living is not allowed, unless it is on the property of a family member. Didn't some of the newly married Mortons live in a garage or barn apartment? Cleve and/or Wes, I think? A trailer is probably what Tayte could afford. It might be on his dad's property. He just turned 19 this month so he hasn't had too many years to earn money to buy a house and pay the entire cost. I think he works on his dad's farm, which is in Ohio, according to their blog. Martha will be far from home if they live there. Poor Addie.

Do the Alexanders still have a farm in Ohio? They live in Georgia now. Tayte got a new job earlier this year according to a post on the Alexander blog. I believe Katie and Alan lived in a trailer, Dorothy and Noah lived in a barn apartment, and rest lived in an duplex(?) on the Morton's property. The married children have their own homes now, so I'm not too worried for Martha.

Today is the big day! I hope we get lots of photos. Do you think there should be a new thread for the wedding?

I hope Addie is okay. She was very sad after Dorothy got married.

A new thread makes sense to me, its the big event. I doubt Addie will post right away, unless its through tears. The Alexanders should have pictures up pretty quick.

Archived