IGNORED

Marth Looks for Dresses

nelliebelle1197

holy moly, I just read their blog for the first time ever, and I nearly barfed. it did cross my mind that it was hacked by a third-grade girl......

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been wondering if fundy women-girls are encouraged to infantilize themselves? We already see how they are continually treated like children by their families until they marry, but are they encouraged to view themselves that way even when they're in their mid 20's and beyond? I've noticed that a lot of my fundy family and their friends tend to have a similar vomit inducing "cutesy" way of writing, but nowhere near as bad as this. Do they think this is how historical "ladies" spoke and wrote?

Have you read Virtuous Daughters? The daughter who writes it, Samantha, is in her early thirties but determined to write, think and act like a particularly sheltered 14 year old. She tries to look it too, but nature is not assisting her in that.

Is it just me or does it look like Rachel's womb has been opened again? Look at the pic number 20: 1.bp.blogspot.com/-E1mhhGfEmdU/U8_YrjB6TaI/AAAAAAAASWE/oHA7pNtEPJo/s1600/2014MIX+1046.JPG

Or is it just the way the baby sits on her belly...?

I must say I really like Ma and Pa Morton's room with the bed by the window and the curtains flowing in the breeze. Pa Morton always looks like a very nice and kind man, kind of a jolly guy. I almost have to remind me that these people are the very strict kind of fundies, a family where a son was denied his dream to be a missionary (a Godly job!) and a daughter was almost incapable of making her first own decision ever whether to marry her suitor or not.

I don't know about Rachel, but I found a photo of Katie on Jackie Smith's facebook page, and she is definitely pregnant. Looks like she'll be giving birth any day now.

10583970_908155635867537_5426053810608193497_n.jpg

God, Noah looks like such a goober in that photo. The hat, the crocs. What an inspiring, godly headship.

Katie and Alan got married in 2006 if I'm not mistaken, so this will be Katie's 7th child in 8 years. That poor woman's body must be a mess. She's always looking very exhausted (no wonder). I just can't get how these people think breeding like bunnies and giving the mom's body and mind no rest is a good thing. Maybe Katie was really made to breed but surely there must be some signs that her body isn't the same anymore...

Katie is getting slightly more space between babies. She married in April '06 and then had her first in January of '07, a honeymoon baby. Then her next in Jan '08, May '09, August '10, Nov '11, and Jan '13.

She's in her early 30s, so 10 to 15ish years of babies left likely with wider and wider spaces. She's going to match Ma Morton's 12, and maybe pass her by one or two.

Kressant, who is younger by a few years is the scariest one. She's about 26-27, and has 6 kids and close to 20 years of fertility left. Even if she slows down, she's probably going to get closer to 20 than the other kids are.

Darth appears to spacing hers out a bit (2 in 4 years), Beth and Rachel have had too many problems for them to carry that many viable pregnancies, and Lise is already 30ish with 2.

We'll have to see how many Martha has. She'll probably marry this fall, and she'll be younger than Katie and have the potential for more pregnancies if she's hyperfertile as well.

ETA: Beth isn't looking pregnant yet, thankfull.

While Rachel has had problems, I think she'll easily have 10+ kids. My pediction is that Katie, Kressant, Rachel and Dorothy will have 10+ and Lise will have 6-8.

I'm happy that Bethany isn't pregnant.

Katie and Alan got married in 2006 if I'm not mistaken, so this will be Katie's 7th child in 8 years. That poor woman's body must be a mess. She's always looking very exhausted (no wonder). I just can't get how these people think breeding like bunnies and giving the mom's body and mind no rest is a good thing. Maybe Katie was really made to breed but surely there must be some signs that her body isn't the same anymore...

She does look exhausted all the time, and older than her age. But how could she not? Pregnancy is hard on the body. I'm expecting #1 in a little more than a month, and while I look OK (like my usual self, just with a big belly and puffy feet), I sure don't feel OK. I can't imagine chasing after and tending to six other little ones in my condition. And the craziest thing is that she will almost surely have another seven or more. Eventually, the oldest kids will be able to be pretty helpful, but even so...

The cutesy writing style just kills me. It took me a while to work out what the hell she was saying when she captioned the photo of the mail box.

All the same, it makes me wish I knew and was a part of my massive biological family. These fundie daughters sure know how to sell a big family. I have to remind myself it's either brainwashing or a front, and very rarely actually reflects their true feelings about having a horde of relatives constantly nearby.

After seeing fellowship with the Alexanders I do not buy that these are nice people. Nobody nice likes Lori and Ken.

After seeing fellowship with the Alexanders I do not buy that these are nice people. Nobody nice likes Lori and Ken.

Are Lori and Ken related to this Alexander family? Tayte's family blog is: thesethalexanderfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Are Lori and Ken related to this Alexander family? Tayte's family blog is: thesethalexanderfamilyblog.blogspot.com

As far as I know, there is no relation between Lori/Ken and Tayte's (ugh, that spelling) family. Nor does either family seem to be related to Meredith's (of Meredith and Stephen fame) family, also named Alexander.

The inappropriate plurals strike me as a bit more Gollum-esque than Jar Jar.

I think this is just a lame attempt to be somewhat relevant to internet fads as the inappropriate plurals are from cat memes.

I was searching around trying to find the facebook link showing the pregnant Morton/Smith women (with no luck - so a link would be appreciated) and I found this video of Kressant's wedding.

godtube.com/watch/?v=DWKZYPNX

fastforward to the 22 min mark (unless you want to hear Capt Brett Smith or Papa Morton pontificate on marriage) to see the bridegroom going to meet his bride. Lots of horn blowing, sneaking around and jumping (or trying to) over fences to reach the bride.

edited to try and break the link

How romantic...a epistemologically self-conscious wedding. I know that phrase sends my heart aflutter.

But...uh...can someone explain to me why they the groom is sneaking up to meet the bride? And why everyone is wearing poorly fitting white sports coats with epaulets? Really, this video raises more questions than it answers...

How romantic...a epistemologically self-conscious wedding. I know that phrase sends my heart aflutter.

But...uh...can someone explain to me why they the groom is sneaking up to meet the bride? And why everyone is wearing poorly fitting white sports coats with epaulets? Really, this video raises more questions than it answers...

And thus, in two sentences, you have summed up the SM'ortons and the M'Thomases and the Niednagels and....

still bumbling around the internets trying to find the pictures referred to in this thread and now I found this about Noah Saunders and his new house:

"Noah has designed and is currently building his house in such a way that it can function without electricity or running water, though it will have those amenities." (link: beyondoffgrid.com/taming-the-wilderness-with-noah-sanders-at-rora-valley-farms/).

What does this mean? My house has running water and electricity. If the power goes out - the house does not collapse into a pile of goo. We just light candles and drink bottled water till the power comes back on. How is this different from Noah's house? Or is Noah et al preparing for the apocalypse?

Surely they can't all be sea captains? Surely...?

post-8463-14451999309526_thumb.jpg

They're all captains in the Lord's army (navy).

You'd think the Lord could provide a tailor. Or at least a helpmeet with sewing skills.

I was searching around trying to find the facebook link showing the pregnant Morton/Smith women (with no luck - so a link would be appreciated) and I found this video of Kressant's wedding.

godtube.com/watch/?v=DWKZYPNX

fastforward to the 22 min mark (unless you want to hear Capt Brett Smith or Papa Morton pontificate on marriage) to see the bridegroom going to meet his bride. Lots of horn blowing, sneaking around and jumping (or trying to) over fences to reach the bride.

edited to try and break the link

facebook.com/jacqueline.l.smith.90

That's the link to Jackie Smith's facebook page. Tons of pictures of SMortons on her wall.

Watching them Smith/Morton boys sneak up to Katie was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. We can fast forward 9 months and listen to Katie and family talk about the birth of Bret Jr. (About 1 minute in)

youtube.com/watch?v=2M_Kz1EYtd8&list=UUQxhsovV_fw_FkOoNZR1X9g

Woah. Poor Bethany Smith has an extremely alarming flat affect. I'd normally chalk it up to being nervous on camera, but her eyes...there's just no life in them at all.

still bumbling around the internets trying to find the pictures referred to in this thread and now I found this about Noah Saunders and his new house:

"Noah has designed and is currently building his house in such a way that it can function without electricity or running water, though it will have those amenities." (link: beyondoffgrid.com/taming-the-wilderness-with-noah-sanders-at-rora-valley-farms/).

What does this mean? My house has running water and electricity. If the power goes out - the house does not collapse into a pile of goo. We just light candles and drink bottled water till the power comes back on. How is this different from Noah's house? Or is Noah et al preparing for the apocalypse?

"Dual purpose tools like a wood cookstove and backup systems like manual laundry equipment will make it much easier to function if they ever experience a loss in electrical power."

Kress has a wood cook stove and I know Rachel had an old cook cook stove as well. So that they can live in the 19th century again because life was better then. Or something.

Re the "Mes wants ones too" thing:

In my family, we often use quirky in-joke references that are ungrammatical or mispronounced, but we only use them with each other. We tend not to use them on Facebook, and I wouldn't use them if I had a blog: it's annoying to have to explain an in-joke (because of the "Huh? I STILL don't get it!" responses) and renders it unfunny.

I'm also thinking of the entry on their blog in which they posted a pic of a woman whom they referred to a "weird hippie wandering around the new house," or some such. It made them look like dicks--but they were joking at the expense of one of their own siblings.

I think they're kind of interwebbically tone-deaf.

The "Mes wants ones too" thing" is twee and annoying and self-consciously quirky, but it disturbed me more on a practical level. What does the typical woman do when she wants an article of clothing? Buy it. Or save up to buy it. Or make it, if she has those skills. Having to passive-aggressively wheedle for a damned dress on a family blog at her age is just sad. It's like fundies don't grow up until they're grandparents. Hell, sometimes the women don't even grow up then.

Archived