IGNORED

Marth Looks for Dresses

nelliebelle1197

mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/

Dwelightsome Addie haf posted on der pwecious twip with Campellas! to find a dwess for the grand wedding with de child gwoom.

So Marth is marrying teen groom Tayte. Addie looks great. They watch the Ken Hamm debate, reminding me again that they are in fact nuts, not the simple, pure farm folk for which I often mistake them.

Oh, yeah, Cleve and Lise are definitely back on the farm. Bye bye Texas. Guess he was not trying to escape after all.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to see her dress! I wonder if gold is one of the wedding colors. Addie mentioned gold flats and Martha tries on a gold belt.

mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/

They watch the Ken Hamm debate, reminding me again that they are in fact nuts, not the simple, pure farm folk for which I often mistake them.

Their collective mastery of dissonance reduction is something to behold.

So grateful for men like Ken Ham[sic], and for family like this to gather with.

Martha looks gorgeous in those dresses. It will be interesting to see what she ends up wearing. It looks like her taste is more princessy/frou-frou than Darth's.

Also shaking my head at the very idea of being grateful for the existence of Ken Ham.

How old exactly are the prospective bride and groom?

Do these kinds of folks snag boys in their late teens who are as horny as all get-out (and whose only permissible sexual release is marriage) but too young to be able to see "the world" and be tempted by it? Are these the kinds of guys that SAHDs well into their 20s have to settle for?

"Marth completely blew the shop owners away, cause she's super tall and has a model's body, so all the dresses fit her perfectly and looked ravishing!!"

While I do think Martha looked lovely, I am going to call bullshit on the body of a model. Models don't tend to be size 8 with big breasts. :snooty:

Praying over the dress? Like I get being thankful for clothes on your back but in the grand scheme of things a wedding dress is a pretty superfluous piece of clothing. One thats definitely fun to indulge in but I would never pray over it. Maybe be thankful to god that you have the funds to look amazing on your wedding day? IDK, I just thought that was just bizarre.

Oh, yeah, Cleve and Lise are definitely back on the farm. Bye bye Texas. Guess he was not trying to escape after all.

Will any of the 12 Morton kids escape? Does anyone want to escape? They will get married and have a million kids :shock:

*sigh* It's the job of the shop owners and employees to think everyone looks ravishing. How else are they going to get/keep business?

*sigh* It's the job of the shop owners and employees to think everyone looks ravishing. How else are they going to get/keep business?

Yes, many fundies' combination of insularity and arrogance really makes them ripe for a con.

Yes, many fundies' combination of insularity and arrogance really makes them ripe for a con.

I just feel badly for Addie. I have a weird affection for her. She is adorable and stuck in a SAHD role forever. She seems bright and creative, if not particularly deep (at all). I wonder who she would be if she was not a Morton? Or better put, the Mortons were not the Mortons.

What scares me is that they live 206.7 approximate miles from me and I would never know they were, well, MORTON-RIFIC if I met them on the street (not that they would dare set foot in my little bright blue city).

I wonder why she says she couldn't post photos of two of them; were they too immodest? That first dress looks gorgeous on her.

There are restrictions at some wedding dress shops and by certain designers that they don't allow photos to be taken of the dresses. They also wouldn't want to post a picture of the one she selected or at least our family wouldn't. We like to keep the dress a surprise.

I wonder why she says she couldn't post photos of two of them; were they too immodest? That first dress looks gorgeous on her.

I got the feeling that they were too revealing to show on the blog.

Do you think Martha will wash his feet? Maybe upstage her sister by drying them with her hair?

This was my first visit to the Mortons' website. From where I'm sitting, Marth looked pretty spectacular in all of those gowns, and is definitely lovelier than any average, anorexic model. My vote is also for the first gown.

First impression and all, but this blog post makes me feel uneasy. Addie has a way of posting like she firmly believes in the happily ever after mentality, as if nothing in life will ever go wrong. The first time she experiences any real heartbreak or tragedy, it could send her into a complete emotional breakdown.

I wonder how long ago this actually happened. Addie mentioned how fun it was for her to "look back" at these pics. The girls were all wearing late-winter/early-spring in the South sweaters and light jackets. For all we know, Marth and her Teen Fiancee (who may well have turned 19 by now like Ben Seewald...about the same age difference here) could already be married.

Given the date of the post, I bet it was put up as an anticipatory thing right before the wedding, which would have then been last weekend. Cuz that's how Addie rolls. And no, that one dress did not remind me of anything remotely P&P, Austen, or Regency Era at all.

I wonder how long ago this actually happened. Addie mentioned how fun it was for her to "look back" at these pics. The girls were all wearing late-winter/early-spring in the South sweaters and light jackets. For all we know, Marth and her Teen Fiancee (who may well have turned 19 by now like Ben Seewald...about the same age difference here) could already be married.

Given the date of the post, I bet it was put up as an anticipatory thing right before the wedding, which would have then been last weekend. Cuz that's how Addie rolls. And no, that one dress did not remind me of anything remotely P&P, Austen, or Regency Era at all.

Mariah Campana posted photos on her IG of Martha shopping for a dress in January. This could be same shopping trip. If they aren't already married I think they'll be married soon.

BTW, Tayte's birthday is in October.

Mariah Campana posted photos on her IG of Martha shopping for a dress in January. This could be same shopping trip. If they aren't already married I think they'll be married soon.

BTW, Tayte's birthday is in October.

Its definitely the same trip, the lunch picture Alyssa posted looks like the same place.

They're not married yet, or at least they weren't as of last week. The Alexanders post much more often (granted usually only prayers and meditations) and they just posted a picture last week of Tayte reading some sort of religious text ("By This Standard") in preparation for the wedding.

This was my first visit to the Mortons' website. From where I'm sitting, Marth looked pretty spectacular in all of those gowns, and is definitely lovelier than any average, anorexic model. My vote is also for the first gown.

First impression and all, but this blog post makes me feel uneasy. Addie has a way of posting like she firmly believes in the happily ever after mentality, as if nothing in life will ever go wrong. The first time she experiences any real heartbreak or tragedy, it could send her into a complete emotional breakdown.

You must read more. Her writing style is .... interesting.

I was confused at first because there's an older post where Addie mentions her mother working on Martha's dress, and I assumed she meant the wedding dress. Maybe she meant the alterations?

Archived