IGNORED

Josiah and the Arm Twist

roddma

I think the idea is to have all the boys like Smug... :ew:

Well they older ones are really starting to look like Smuggar.. :shakehead2:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell me what episode this was? I have watched nearly every episode and I don't recall one where she told them about expecting Jubilee. I remember Josie, but not Jubilee.

Michelle announced she was pregnant with Jubilee at the end of "Duggars: All You Wanted to Know", which was the season 5 finale and aired on November 5, 2011.

i think what we're all missing in that first photo is jackson's fac!. kid looks skeptical as all get out

Can someone tell me what episode this was? I have watched nearly every episode and I don't recall one where she told them about expecting Jubilee. I remember Josie, but not Jubilee.

Not sure about the episode, but I believe it was pulled from the Netflix rotation because I couldn't find it when I went looking for it.

I see the question is answered above.

Michelle announced she was pregnant with Jubilee at the end of "Duggars: All You Wanted to Know", which was the season 5 finale and aired on November 5, 2011.

I would think by now these kids would say to them self not again with this bullshit at Michelle pregnancy announcement

I remember watching that episode, and I remember clearly the look of consternation on Josiah's face, followed by his abrupt departure, and Jana calling after him. Jinger, too, iIrc.. and Jim Bob bringing him back. Having been raised by parents for whom the "elbow grab" was SOP, I recognized Josiah's pain immediately. I have no doubt that he was strong-armed by JB into returning to the fold immediately, maintaining his authority by holding onto Siah. I believe his tears may have been fear for his mother's health, nothing more, but still, he was not permitted to break ranks in that way. This is, of course, solely my opinion.

Have to concur with "four is enough" I was watching that evening also and her description of events matches with what I saw. I would add to this and say that Jana appeared panicked when Josiah left the set. I guess they were under strict orders to sit there and smile. Shame on Jim Bob to rejoice and demand his children rejoice when his wife was probe ally entering another near death experience. This guy is one strange dude. Maybe, a bully, also.

To continue trying to have children when the well is dry is surely "flying in the face of God!" :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Have to concur with "four is enough" I was watching that evening also and her description of events matches with what I saw. I would add to this and say that Jana appeared panicked when Josiah left the set. I guess they were under strict orders to sit there and smile. Shame on Jim Bob to rejoice and demand his children rejoice when his wife was probe ally entering another near death experience. This guy is one strange dude. Maybe, a bully, also.

To continue trying to have children when the well is dry is surely "flying in the face of God!" :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Babies are Mullet's crack. She wants more, yet it nearly killed her but she keeps going back.

Boob on the other hand, who knows what babies are to him, I'm assuming a cash grab. I wonder if he finds money more important then his wife's life because he's always got the eldest daughters to fall back on.

I think that seconds after the pregnancy announcement, aliens kidnapped Josiah and replaced him with a clone who injured his arm during landing. TLC tried to cover it up, but the truth will get out.

I think that seconds after the pregnancy announcement, aliens kidnapped Josiah and replaced him with a clone who injured his arm during landing. TLC tried to cover it up, but the truth will get out.

We need Mulder and Scully, stat! 8-)

I think hat happened here is happy moment went awry. it could be Josiah was excited and bounded of the set and JB ruined the moment. Joyless Anna called Josh telling Michelle was expecting Josie. But who woudl Josiah have called if Jana said "Dont call".

looks like my post just disappeared.

So thank you for posting the episode for this, above. I finally saw it.

I think Josiah looked a bit upset, not sure if he was disciplined or not.

I think more telling is Grandma Duggar's face. She definitely doesn't look enthused. She just has a blank smile on her face.

I also wonder if she gets paid by TLC for her appearances on the show or if she gets paid for doing the laundry. She likely works at least 40 hours a week doing the laundry alone.

looks like my post just disappeared.

So thank you for posting the episode for this, above. I finally saw it.

I think Josiah looked a bit upset, not sure if he was disciplined or not.

I think more telling is Grandma Duggar's face. She definitely doesn't look enthused. She just has a blank smile on her face.

I also wonder if she gets paid by TLC for her appearances on the show or if she gets paid for doing the laundry. She likely works at least 40 hours a week doing the laundry alone.

I think she spends quite a bit of time with Famy out of the house.

I feel bad for Grandma Duggar. While being active at her age and being with her grandkids is great, I hate to think of her working nonstop on laundry. I have a family of 4 and do laundry twice per week. Mid week just a few things, work uniforms, etc. But at least once a week, I do laundry pretty much all day. Yes, I am doing other things in between loads, but still. I can't imagine laundry for 21 or more people. Towels, sheets, etc. And not sure about the Duggars, but when my kids were little, they often went through 2 outfits a day because of getting dirty, or having to change into sports, or dance clothes, or whatever.

I think hat happened here is happy moment went awry. it could be Josiah was excited and bounded of the set and JB ruined the moment. Joyless Anna called Josh telling Michelle was expecting Josie. But who woudl Josiah have called if Jana said "Dont call".

Josiah was well old enough to know leaving a film shoot was completely unacceptable. Especially one of the rare spontaneous ones that really can't be reenacted. So leaving was not something he was likely to do unless he absolutely felt he had to. As for phones, there were plenty all around him. I seem to recall JD texting during the gathering.

I feel bad for Grandma Duggar. While being active at her age and being with her grandkids is great, I hate to think of her working nonstop on laundry. I have a family of 4 and do laundry twice per week. Mid week just a few things, work uniforms, etc. But at least once a week, I do laundry pretty much all day. Yes, I am doing other things in between loads, but still. I can't imagine laundry for 21 or more people. Towels, sheets, etc. And not sure about the Duggars, but when my kids were little, they often went through 2 outfits a day because of getting dirty, or having to change into sports, or dance clothes, or whatever.

In fundie world, you have to keep sweet so I don't think Grandma would be allowed to voice her stress and / or concerns. However most of the time her face says it all!

Josiah was well old enough to know leaving a film shoot was completely unacceptable. Especially one of the rare spontaneous ones that really can't be reenacted. So leaving was not something he was likely to do unless he absolutely felt he had to. As for phones, there were plenty all around him. I seem to recall JD texting during the gathering.

I wonder what JD's texts said?

"Mum is having another one, FFS!"

Doubt it, but you never know!!!

Yay!! I registered because I had so much to say ...... & now I forgot most of it LOL. BUT I did want to say ...... I did not see this episode (& now I can no longer view on Netflix .... sigh) however if nothing happened & he did just get overly excited, WHY would they take this episode down so no one can view it any longer AND make the film clip into snapshots??? Sorry, but they've never done that before or since .... *something* must have happened. Kind of odd that we can't find that clip anywhere on the internet.

Aren't all tcl shows being taken off Netflix? I don't think it's just this episode. And fj has screenshots and I'm certain there's a YouTube video floating around somewhere.

Yes, I meant it was taken down before Netflix removed all TLC shows. I'm not sure, & I don't remember when Netflix did that, but going through this thread & others, it sounds like that particular episode was no longer found anywhere way prior to the others being taken down. And I can't find a clip anywhere, all I can find is the photos.

I could not find the episode when Netflix had the full series up.

It was probably pulled because just a few weeks after the happy announcement they had the big funeral for the miscarried Jubilee. I doubt it had anything to do with the sleight of hand they pulled over Josiah. They did a pretty good job with that and the vast majority of viewers probably never went back and paused the stills to see why they did it.

I'm pretty certain I watched it on Netflix, but it was heavily edited. The minute J'Chelle said she was having a baby, they switched to these awkward still photographs, but you could still hear the kids talking/yelling in the background. Then Boob was back in the shot holding Josiah.

Crappy editing like that wouldn't happen unless they really had to cover something up.

After the girls called out "Josiah, don't c----", Jana says, "Breatheeeeeeee". Watched the 30 seconds perhaps 20 times and still can't get the rest of what the others are saying.

The episode I found had the "photos" but with a lot of movement between each one.

Archived