IGNORED

Robertson: "Don't bust dad" for threatening mom w/ gun-Merge

DGayle

The kindest interpretation is that the dementia is getting worse. Although he's been BSC for decades, so at this point who can tell? :shrug:

I think he just doesn’t GAF these days and is out for the attention. He acknowledges that one day Dad is going to pull the trigger and kill the kid’s mother (or even the kid) and he still says “don’t call the cops, ask your Mom to get your Dad some help.†WTF?

There’s a good chance that if she did that, that would be the thing that snaps him. And a guy who so routinely brandishes a gun at his wife that she no longer reacts isn’t going to listen to her about getting help. She does need to get herself and her kids out of their (although Robertson would probably blame her for leaving) but if she can’t or won’t the kid should definitely call for help before its too late.

I always knew it was totally cool to threaten your loved ones with fire arms and now I have validation to y beliefs! So next time one of them smarts off Im gonna bust a cap in their ass..or threaten too.

Pat Robertson tells kids don’t call cops if dad threatens mom with gun Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressiv ... m-with-gun

If anyone brandished a gun at me or my children, I'd be on the phone with the cops faster than you could blink. And you're damn straight that I'm teaching my sons the same thing. No one deserves to be threatened no matter who is doing the threatening. Pat Robertson can kiss my ass. What a lunatic!

There is another post on this already, posted yesterday, just above this one.

I do think he is very mentally ill and has been for a long time. But he needs to keep that gravy train a-rollin'. One day there will be an animated corpse in his 700 Club seat

as a person who has had a handgun pulled on him more than a couple of times and never called the police...(it was all part of the life style/job.) I can tell you with 75% certainty (25% less because of the nut factor) anyone who brags about shooting someone, beating them up or generally 'threatening' someone is a punk.

I have friends, some on death row as we speak who would joke with you, drink with you and have a great time all night with you and kill you in the morning with out a second thought. They never threatened violence, harm or even let on you where in trouble.

Some times the police are not a realistic option when some threatens you, they can cause more escalation and fear than they are worth. even if I am the one who called the police I would never let them in my house or search my property. I have learned from personal experience and the hard way never trust the police. So it is not so clear a call to make to me.

The old bastard has really lost it this time!

I do think he is very mentally ill and has been for a long time. But he needs to keep that gravy train a-rollin'. One day there will be an animated corpse in his 700 Club seat

that could very well be an improvement.

as a person who has had a handgun pulled on him more than a couple of times and never called the police...(it was all part of the life style/job.) I can tell you with 75% certainty (25% less because of the nut factor) anyone who brags about shooting someone, beating them up or generally 'threatening' someone is a punk.

I have friends, some on death row as we speak who would joke with you, drink with you and have a great time all night with you and kill you in the morning with out a second thought. They never threatened violence, harm or even let on you where in trouble.

Some times the police are not a realistic option when some threatens you, they can cause more escalation and fear than they are worth. even if I am the one who called the police I would never let them in my house or search my property. I have learned from personal experience and the hard way never trust the police. So it is not so clear a call to make to me.

I'll be blunt. Shut your goddamned mouth. You are out of your mind if you actually think a mother with children shouldn't always call the police when she's being threatened by a lunatic waving a gun just because you don't trust the police because of your choices. You admit you hang out with people who are murderers and would party all night with them the night before they would go kill people, so your experience with the police is probably going to be as someone who was investigated for your association with multiple people on death row, which has made you not trust the police. You chose to hang out with those people, and since it's more than one of your friends, you are obviously not someone who was friends with one person who seemed so nice until surprising everyone with a surprising hobby--YOU are choosing to hang around MULTIPLE people who kill people. Your problem is YOUR OWN CHOICES. The police aren't perfect, and have pissed me off plenty, but when someone is threatening a woman and children with a gun, you call the cops.

Who in the hell do you hang out with?

You do realize that someone who wouldn't think twice about gunning you down is not really a friend, right? If you believe otherwise, I'd suggest you seek counseling as you have some major issues.

Sorry, just taking a few minutes here to figure out if you were a Hells Angel, a drug dealer, a hit man or a pimp. I mean, what the hell did you do for a living/lifestyle?

I lived next door to a seriously cray woman about 10 years and the police were brilliant in dealing with her; they are trained to deal with crazy people and domestic violence issues and what ever happens on their shift.

For a minute there I thought this thread was about Duck Dynasty Phil.

I am so glad that wasn't just me. Is it wrong that I really wanted some Duck Dickheads implosion. I am ready for that to be done.

Also, Pat Robertson brilliantly reminded us that it is OK for a man to divorce his wife if she is has dementia, cuz really, she isn't who she was when he married her.

You can't make this stuff up.

yes, I also originally thought it was Duck Dynasty Phil.

Phil, Pat

Pat, Phil

Tweedle dum, Tweedle dee.

WTF??

If you are a biker or drug dealer, then yes, calling the police may have some implications.

If 911 gets a call from a CHILD, though, they tend to take it pretty seriously and respond with the safety of that child in mind. They will also put in a call to child protective services.

A child who is exposed to threats like that is living in hell. The mother can't or won't stop it. A call from a child may be what's needed to save them both. The mother could be intimidated into withdrawing a complaint, but a 911 call from a child doesn't go away.

I'm no Pat Robertson apologist by any means, but in this case the tone of the article sounded more like he was emphasizing with the kid's situation (simultaneously being threatened by yet feeling loyal to his father) than telling him what to do. It's obvious to adults that the need to deal with the threat should take priority, but probably not so much to the kid in the middle of it. Wish Pat would have tried to point that out.

Archived