IGNORED

Homeschool blogger wants "No Happiness or Peace" for child

littleSable

I've got to point out that while it's really unfortunate you had that bad experience with a boyfriend it probably would have been much worse if your mother HADN'T taken you to get birth control and you ended up having a child with him.

Oh, definitely, if those were the only choices. But what I really wanted from her is to hear that I didn't have to have sex with him at all. I didn't have enough of a backbone to say no for myself. Possibly related to the fact that I was never allowed to have a backbone at home.

It's funny how many of us here seem to have such similar stories about growing up with narcissistic parents, whether from a very conservative or very liberal background (mine).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it sounds like I was an ungrateful twat - hey, my parents were paying for me to go to school! They paid for my insurance - how awesome! - but the strings that were attached for being financially tied to them were unbearable and required me to be bullied by my parents.

You don't sound like an ungrateful twat at all. Look, if a boyfriend was beating you, yet paying the rent, no one would call you ungrateful for being upset over being abused. Your parents were abusing you and using their paying certain bills to guilt you into compliance.

Oh, definitely, if those were the only choices. But what I really wanted from her is to hear that I didn't have to have sex with him at all. I didn't have enough of a backbone to say no for myself. Possibly related to the fact that I was never allowed to have a backbone at home.

It's funny how many of us here seem to have such similar stories about growing up with narcissistic parents, whether from a very conservative or very liberal background (mine).

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were telling your mother you didn't want to have sex with this guy and she made you get birth control pills instead of supporting you in breaking up with him. That's awful.

I wish I'd had the self confidence to tell her clearly that I didn't want to go there, but I didn't. The constant need to form myself to her whims over a lifetime had stamped out any ability to stand up for myself. I was wishing that she'd cared enough to notice what was going on with me and help, rather than pushing her agenda. She always had to do whatever made her able to brag to her friends; in this case, being super liberated. Her consciousness was raised so high she must have been dizzy from the lack of oxygen.

Like everything else in my life, it was always about making her look good, not about what I (or my sister) needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Spiritual Sounding Board is reporting the mother took down the entire post, and asked Julie Anne to take down the SSB post that referenced it along with the comments.

JA decided she is keeping the SSB post and comments, but has edited them to make the mother and daughter less identifiable. That is consistent with her original stand that the mother had no right to breech her daughter's privacy by airing a family conflict so publicly. The rest of the comments that were overwhelmingly critical of the mother's POV also stand with edits only to the identities of the mother and daughter.

• 5 months later...

Just thought I would update this since I was reading this blog today. They've reconciled.

heathersanders.com/2014/11/22/180-days/

Emelie plans to finish up Algebra 2 either by the Summer or its end. She is living with my parents (Izzy and Poppa Ken) who offered her a room in their home, which is only 10 minutes away from us. This move gives Emelie a level of independence and privacy that our little 960 square foot home doesn’t presently offer. Plus, free room and board means she can cut back on hours, finish high school, save money, and choose what she wants to do next.

My daddy journals and recorded each day she was away from us. The day she returned marked 178 days. The day she moved back “home†marked 180 days. Six months too long.

She’s safe.

She’s glad to be home.

The wait is over.

Rejoice with us!

I can see why she wanted to leave...7 people in 960 sqft? Yeah...I don't think so...

I can see why she wanted to leave...7 people in 960 sqft? Yeah...I don't think so...

Would be 5 if she lived there with them. 2 parents, 3 kids.

• 1 year later...
On December 18, 2016 at 0:26 PM, NotALoserLikeYou said:

http://heathersanders.com/2016/12/15/her-name-is-nora/

Emelie has had a baby and has moved back into her parents [renovated] home. 

She looks like she's enjoying motherhood! Wonder if Heather has really been that great about it if Emelie has to please her to have a place to live and help with the baby?  The baby is adorable. 

And it's truly none of my business but they both wrote about how they were unable to share anything about it till now. So, of course, I'm wondering why? Issues with the baby's dad I guess? 

Archived