IGNORED

Serious question: what is up with Kidist?

antares

And her bizarre fixture on Asians? I just don't get it :( Especially since she is much more fixated on Asians than any other non-white group, even if she dosen't like any non-white group. I mean, hating on non-whites isn't going to make her any whiter!

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2013/06/ugly-toronto/

Also, that store looks like any generic storefront. Don't see the Asian sinisterness anywhere, lol :geek:

reclaimbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/06/ethnic-holes.html

lol at her exploding over the concept of "Chinese Halal." As someone of Hui Chinese(Chinese Muslim) descent, she dosen't know anything, does she? :|

The stores still look like any generic storefront you see in North America, many of which house her beloved French and Italian cuisines :/

I think it's probably jealousy. I'm not sure about Canada, but in the US of A, Chinese and Indian immigrants are more likely to have higher education and higher paying jobs. So, to a middle aged, wannabe fashionista, working on and off as a store clerk, it must be hard to see all these other immigrants getting ahead in life while she's still stuck in the same place she always has been.

Or maybe she's just delusional.

I think that kidist might have a mental illness.

I agree--some type of paranoid disorder, I suspect.

I think it's probably jealousy. I'm not sure about Canada, but in the US of A, Chinese and Indian immigrants are more likely to have higher education and higher paying jobs. So, to a middle aged, wannabe fashionista, working on and off as a store clerk, it must be hard to see all these other immigrants getting ahead in life while she's still stuck in the same place she always has been.

Or maybe she's just delusional.

That would be my experience in Canada. We have a ton of highly educated immigrants. You get to become a citizen by three possible ways: being a refugee, marrying a Canadian or having a PhD.

I have to wonder though if she focuses on Asians just because of where she lives. I know Toronto has a high number of Asian immigrants. Is she maybe in an area where they make up a large segment of the population?

She's insisted that she's more white than black, because she is Amhara and thus from the group best suited to rule Ethiopia. It sounds like her family was somewhat well off in Ethiopia prior to the revolution, but that they had to flee the revolution when she was a child. She spent time in Paris and London while growing up, and grew to worship all things European.

At some point she moved to Toronto, Canada, but never really figured out Canadian culture or society. Toronto is not Paris. It is extremely multicultural, and to a large extent, that IS Toronto's distinct identity.

She claims to have some experience teaching ESL to immigrants, including Asians, but that alone would hardly explain her POV. The Chinese and other Asian communities here are huge - the Chinese community alone is around 500,000. The community is generally seen as relatively hard-working, prosperous, very educated and fairly law-abiding and quiet. There seems to be some jealousy, and she's fixated on the idea that everyone Chinese - regardless of where they were born - is somehow plotting to destroy western society, and that all the women are plotting to marry white men.

We suspect that Kidist may have some sort of mental illness on top of simple racism. She's reasonably intelligent, but weirdly awkward with social interactions and clueless about things. For example, she became totally obsessed with a little boy in the neighborhood, and how he would be doomed because he had an Asian babysitter. Her obsession with him and his future sex life was downright creepy. She also managed to get into a fight with security at the National Ballet school, and couldn't seem to understand why they don't let strangers wander around the young dancers. She doesn't mention socializing with many friends. Instead, she would go to her local diner, make nasty comments about gays and Asians to the wait staff, and take their silence as agreement with her opinion. In her mind, this was a conversation. She's also living in this elitist delusion. She was working as a retail clerk in a chain store, but convinced that she was completely superior to her co-workers. She orders coffee at Starbucks in a mall, and gets enraged if things aren't perfect. She orders wine at a suburban pub, and is offended when a server offers her a free sample of another wine. She is currently living in the suburb of Mississauga - a land of freeways and malls and subdivisions and lots of multiculturalism - and she can't understand that nobody cares about how they do things in Paris or worships her because of her superior bloodline.

She's insisted that she's more white than black, because she is Amhara and thus from the group best suited to rule Ethiopia. It sounds like her family was somewhat well off in Ethiopia prior to the revolution, but that they had to flee the revolution when she was a child. She spent time in Paris and London while growing up, and grew to worship all things European.

At some point she moved to Toronto, Canada, but never really figured out Canadian culture or society. Toronto is not Paris. It is extremely multicultural, and to a large extent, that IS Toronto's distinct identity.

She claims to have some experience teaching ESL to immigrants, including Asians, but that alone would hardly explain her POV. The Chinese and other Asian communities here are huge - the Chinese community alone is around 500,000. The community is generally seen as relatively hard-working, prosperous, very educated and fairly law-abiding and quiet. There seems to be some jealousy, and she's fixated on the idea that everyone Chinese - regardless of where they were born - is somehow plotting to destroy western society, and that all the women are plotting to marry white men.

We suspect that Kidist may have some sort of mental illness on top of simple racism. She's reasonably intelligent, but weirdly awkward with social interactions and clueless about things. For example, she became totally obsessed with a little boy in the neighborhood, and how he would be doomed because he had an Asian babysitter. Her obsession with him and his future sex life was downright creepy. She also managed to get into a fight with security at the National Ballet school, and couldn't seem to understand why they don't let strangers wander around the young dancers. She doesn't mention socializing with many friends. Instead, she would go to her local diner, make nasty comments about gays and Asians to the wait staff, and take their silence as agreement with her opinion. In her mind, this was a conversation. She's also living in this elitist delusion. She was working as a retail clerk in a chain store, but convinced that she was completely superior to her co-workers. She orders coffee at Starbucks in a mall, and gets enraged if things aren't perfect. She orders wine at a suburban pub, and is offended when a server offers her a free sample of another wine. She is currently living in the suburb of Mississauga - a land of freeways and malls and subdivisions and lots of multiculturalism - and she can't understand that nobody cares about how they do things in Paris or worships her because of her superior bloodline.

This is probably the best summary of Kidist yet to be seen.

I think Kidist has mental health issues. She takes things to a whole new level of crazy-sure, other fundies are racist or homophobic too, but Kidist just seems paranoid, isolated and does not have any form of social skills, and doesn't realise that she is saying things that are socially unacceptable. Also it takes a lot of denial to be a black person who thinks they are white and hates black people, Asians and any other skin colour or ethnicity that isn't white.

Here are two of the classic Kidist posts that sort of sum up the mix of racism and mental illness:

cameraluc.blogspot.ca/2011/10/canada-amalgam-of-mediocrity.html

cameraluc.blogspot.ca/2011/07/young-beautiful-white-boy-tall-handsome.html

She doesn't realize that she has no right to go into a private building, particularly a school, without permission. Since she sees herself as a culture critic, she's insulted that she's asked to leave and goes on a racist tirade.

She stalks the toddler boy and his babysitter, developing all sorts of weird theories and obsessions.

These posts were also a bit disturbing for me on a personal level, since I realized that I had once lived and worked about a 5 min walk from her. She clearly had no issue with putting her full name and details of her location on a public blog, along with her vile racist musings and clearly antisocial behavior.

And her bizarre fixture on Asians? I just don't get it :( Especially since she is much more fixated on Asians than any other non-white group, even if she dosen't like any non-white group. I mean, hating on non-whites isn't going to make her any whiter!

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2013/06/ugly-toronto/

Also, that store looks like any generic storefront. Don't see the Asian sinisterness anywhere, lol :geek:

Nope, I don't see it either. Sometimes the restaurants that have the most amazing food often don't have the most fancy exteriors. Of course, Kidist is seriously off the rails and the Stinking Lousewife is her usual racist shithead self.

Here are two of the classic Kidist posts that sort of sum up the mix of racism and mental illness:

She doesn't realize that she has no right to go into a private building, particularly a school, without permission. Since she sees herself as a culture critic, she's insulted that she's asked to leave and goes on a racist tirade.

She stalks the toddler boy and his babysitter, developing all sorts of weird theories and obsessions.

These posts were also a bit disturbing for me on a personal level, since I realized that I had once lived and worked about a 5 min walk from her. She clearly had no issue with putting her full name and details of her location on a public blog, along with her vile racist musings and clearly antisocial behavior.

That is just creepy. If I was that kid's parent, I would be concerned.

WOW! I knew she was off, but her reporting of how people react to her suggests she comes across as maybe dangerous in real life. It is interesting that the nanny didn't appear with the little boy until after she "warned" the father how easy it would be for something to happen to him. Makes me wonder about the tone of that conversation.

So, yes, some issues there. Interesting that she thought the receptionists first thought and why they treated her badly was that she was "3rd world and nicely dressed." She projects her stereotypical thinking on others.

She's delusional and racist, but some of her observations about her area are accurate.

Based strictly on her public blog post descriptions, it's pretty clear that she lived (before she moved to Mississauga) here: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.660015, ... QsuOSg!2e0

The street looks nice, and there has been some gentrification, but it also attracts addicts and some folks with mental health issues. If you live in that area, you aren't going to get weirded out just because some seems a bit strange, but you will definitely be on guard if someone actively approaches you and acts strangely.

She's delusional and racist, but some of her observations about her area are accurate.

Based strictly on her public blog post descriptions, it's pretty clear that she lived (before she moved to Mississauga) here: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.660015, ... QsuOSg!2e0

The street looks nice, and there has been some gentrification, but it also attracts addicts and some folks with mental health issues. If you live in that area, you aren't going to get weirded out just because some seems a bit strange, but you will definitely be on guard if someone actively approaches you and acts strangely.

Holy crap, I think I actually found her apartment building, from her description of where she lived in the blog post about stalking the kid with the Chinese babysitter.

Seriously Kidist, this should not be public information! :o

@2xx2xy1JD, as a Canadian, are Canadian homes generally closer together than in America? I've never really seen Canada(my only experience being Windsor) but when I was there I noticed that single family homes were spaced much closer together than what I've seen in America. Then again, I've grown up in a fairly rural area as well. Is the architecture landscape very different? When I was in Canada I didn't notice much, but my friend, who is an architecture/design major said that the Canadian and American landscapes were significantly different :|

Please tell me this woman is a joke because this cannot be real. I felt like I was reading satire. She is certifiably batshit insane! The way she hyperfocus on tiny details & when she asked, "Will he ever learn to get suspicious of foreigners..." the way she described his parent's physical appearance as though it actually has a bearing on the boy's future, all of it is just cray-cray! And why, in the ballet post, did she link to a representation of the color salmon/tan. What in god's name kind of bearing does that fact have on the story?

Also I am really offended that she calls hummus and tacos "unsophisticated". That just shows she's the unsophisticated one. There is nothing simple about Mexican or Middle Eastern cuisine, even something as popular as tacos.

*Pry my tacos from my dead cold hands, witch!*

@2xx2xy1JD, as a Canadian, are Canadian homes generally closer together than in America? I've never really seen Canada(my only experience being Windsor) but when I was there I noticed that single family homes were spaced much closer together than what I've seen in America. Then again, I've grown up in a fairly rural area as well. Is the architecture landscape very different? When I was in Canada I didn't notice much, but my friend, who is an architecture/design major said that the Canadian and American landscapes were significantly different :|

It really depends where in Canada you are.

This is an older area of downtown Toronto, so yes, houses are close together. They are also fairly close in some new subdivisions, because land is expensive. In my previous house, there was about 5 ft between my house and my neighbor, and these were single family homes.

In more rural areas, of course, the nearest neighbor could be far away.

In terms of design - Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver (the 3 biggest cities) are all distinct. Montreal is known for duplexes, many with outdoor staircases. [No, I can't explain why such a snowy city decided that narrow, curved outdoor staircases were a good idea.] Toronto has a ton of Victorian houses in parts of downtown. Vancouver houses tend not to have bricks, and are most adapted to rain than snow.

Also I am really offended that she calls hummus and tacos "unsophisticated". That just shows she's the unsophisticated one. There is nothing simple about Mexican or Middle Eastern cuisine, even something as popular as tacos.

*Pry my tacos from my dead cold hands, witch!*

It is usually the simplest foods and preparations that are the most delicious. I eat at the local taquerias and they serve some of the most delicious, simple foods I have ever tasted. The fanciest restaurant I ever ate in gave me food poisoning. Go figure.

Btw...Kidist should know that most high end restaurants in the US are staffed by Mexican and Central American folks! So those guys who make tacos could probably also make you a kick ass filet mignon as well.

It is usually the simplest foods and preparations that are the most delicious. I eat at the local taquerias and they serve some of the most delicious, simple foods I have ever tasted. The fanciest restaurant I ever ate in gave me food poisoning. Go figure.

Btw...Kidist should know that most high end restaurants in the US are staffed by Mexican and Central American folks! So those guys who make tacos could probably also make you a kick ass filet mignon as well.

I'm sure this place would drive her (even more) crazy: http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/dr-laffa-toronto#

Yep, that's right. The restaurant was a loading dock in an industrial area. I thought my husband was joking when he first told me about it.

It's also become hugely successful because it serves really good, authentic Middle Eastern (Iraqi-Israeli) food. It's had rave reviews on Chowhound, in the major papers, and in Toronto Life magazine, plus it was featured on the Food Network show "You Gotta Eat Here". By the way, if anyone wants to know why I can't seem to lose weight, maybe the answer comes around 3:45 on this clip:

No no, but my point is that tacos are NOT simple! Many of the fillings take skill and long preparation times! Making a tortilla is not simple!

Tacos are no more simple than whatever an Italian or a Whatever restaurant makes. I can't remember sources but there are opinions out there that people expect "third world food" (falafel, tacos, etc) to be priced cheap because they perceive it as more simpler and lesser. On the other hand, people will pay $15 for a plate of pasta at Olive Garden. ANYWAY, it really bugs me, if you can't tell.

While I occasionally find myself ordering pasta or omelets at restaurants just because I'm looking for something vegetarian on the menu, the frugal part of me is always thinking "but I can make this at home! For less than $1!"

True, eating out can get expensive. I remember buying a plain tuna sandwich for $7 at a cafe once and the iced tea was an additional $2.

As for Chinese halal, it's actually a pretty big business in China considering the large numbers of Hui and Uighyr people who are Muslims. Not a strange combination at all, but of course Kidist can't be bothered to do her research.

WOW! I knew she was off, but her reporting of how people react to her suggests she comes across as maybe dangerous in real life. It is interesting that the nanny didn't appear with the little boy until after she "warned" the father how easy it would be for something to happen to him. Makes me wonder about the tone of that conversation.

So, yes, some issues there. Interesting that she thought the receptionists first thought and why they treated her badly was that she was "3rd world and nicely dressed." She projects her stereotypical thinking on others.

Kidist has no problem using race to judge others, but when she perceives racism against her, she immediately pulls the race card. Same with when she bragged about threatening her dissenters with a report to the HRC. :think:

Archived