IGNORED

10 Shraders in Zambia and counting...

SPHASH

Silly, ineffectual little man.

He seems to think he's David Livingstone, who dragged his wife and six children to almost the same area. Livingstone discovered Victoria Falls, on the Zambezi river which forms part of Zambia's southern border. Of those six, one died, and his wife became extremely ill, so he packed them off back to Scotland, and they arrived pretty much destitute. Awesome.

While Zambia isn't the largely unmapped, uncivilised wildernesss it was in Livingstone's day, Shrader is such a fool, that it almost may as well be. Missionaries have been active there since the mid 1800's, and John thinks that HE is going to achieve much?

Arrgghh! He's such a idiot, I cant stand it! :pull-hair:

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Furthermore, he's neglected to give his children proper vaccinations and anti-malaria medication for the trip. He's alluded to the fact that he expects to lose one or two of his children along the way during this 'adventure.'

WTF? Link, please.

That is just sick.

In real life John must be extremely charismatic. That is the only way I can think that he can get so many people to support this "mission" trip. I wish his friend would come back and explain what people find attractive about the idea of supporting him. He has no skills, he has no concrete plans, he has demonstrated poor organization skills, he has shown racism towards the people he is supposed to be going to work with, here in America he has demonstrated that he is incapable of providing for his own family, he puts his children in dangerous situations, he is always taking and never giving back, and on top of all that, most of the money sent to him will be spent supporting his family, not helping people in Zambia physically or spiritually. So why do people think this is a good idea?

WTF? Link, please.

That is just sick.

He wrote this on his FB page when it was public. He has now made it private.

WTF? Link, please.

That is just sick.

Here you go. Skip to around 6:40 to hear him forget the children whose birthdays they are celebrating. Then you can skip to the end where he says "If the Lord wills, we will hope to be able to enjoy many more birthdays to come with our precious children. The mission field is dangerous with disease, poisonous snakes, mosquitoes carrying malaria, and many other hazards." This is especially chilling when you know that John has decided to skip providing his children with protection from diseases, malaria and the other hazards that he knows can kill them. But if they die, it won't be because of his negligence, it will be because "the Lord didn't will that they celebrate another birthday." :roll:

He may say that his children are precious, but he sure doesn't treat them that way. I so wish we had the photo of how he had rigged up his van. It was a death trap for those children, but John was happy so that was what mattered.

Out of curiosity, how old is Esther? I'm interested in knowing how many more children she might burden upon the country's resources. If she survives the lack of healthcare in Zambia, that is. :roll:

She turned 33 on May 9th.

I made a spreadsheet a while back predicting the dates she'd have more children; she averages 17.6 months between birth, so I just went off that. I'm off by about a month for this current pregnancy.

9-May-81 Birthdate Child

1 21.7 17-Jan-03 Enoch Days Between Months Between

2 22.9 13-Mar-04 Alatheia 421 14.0

3 24.2 2-Aug-05 Timothy 507 16.9

4 25.7 20-Jan-07 Nehemiah 536 17.9

5 27.1 2-Jun-08 Agape 499 16.6

6 28.8 28-Feb-10 Elijah 636 21.2

7 30.1 25-Jun-11 Charis 482 16.1

8 31.8 6-Mar-13 Sophia 620 20.7

9 33.3 16-Aug-14 Current pregnancy 529 17.6

10 34.7 27-Jan-16 Future baby

11 36.2 9-Jul-17 Future baby

12 37.6 19-Dec-18 Future baby

13 39.1 31-May-20 Future baby

14 40.5 11-Nov-21 Future baby

15 42.0 24-Apr-23 Future baby

16 43.4 3-Oct-24 Future baby

Esther just turned 33. If her fertility holds up, she could easily have 4-5+ more children.

Esther is only 33?!?! Damn. Being married to a total dipshit really ages a lady.

Esther is only 33?!?! Damn. Being married to a total dipshit really ages a lady.

I've always thought that her haircut aged her a lot. She hasn't seemed to change it since she was married, and it was old fashioned back then. Also, it doesn't seem like the Keller women have an easy time losing baby weight, especially when there's a new blessing every 16 months. We're constantly speculating with Anna and Priscilla, and it seems to have taken a toll on Esther as well. It's just not healthy to be pregnant so much...

And having nine kids in 11 years.

And having nine kids in 11 years.

I wonder if she's had any miscarriages.

I wonder if she's had any miscarriages.

It's certainly possible. She will be married for 13 years with an 11 year old so her first pregnancy could have been a miscarriage. And depending on how close in age the others are, she could have had several. She's 33 with (almost) nine kids. She could still pop babies out for another 15 years, giving her an additional 10 children if she pops them out every 18 months. Which is scary bc that would tie her with Duggars and Bates.

If, (and I hope this does not happen) her child gets sick and dies, will she even be allowed to grieve/feel angry at her husband for dragging them there? Or will she be expected to believe it was god's will?

It's certainly possible. She will be married for 13 years with an 11 year old so her first pregnancy could have been a miscarriage. And depending on how close in age the others are, she could have had several. She's 33 with (almost) nine kids. She could still pop babies out for another 15 years, giving her an additional 10 children if she pops them out every 18 months. Which is scary bc that would tie her with Duggars and Bates.

They married in November of 2001, and Enoch was born in mid January of 2003. That means she conceived in March of 2002, so she took only about 4-5 months to conceive. She might have had a miscarriage, but that's really not that long of a time to be trying, so I really doubt she did.

Plus, I'm sure John would milk a miscarriage for all it's worth. :roll:

I don't follow them much but yeah, if she conceived 4-5 months after marriage then she probably didn't have a miscarriage.

I'm guessing she wouldn't be allowed to blame her husband if one of her children died bc it isn't his fault. God called them to Zambia and god wasn't willing to let them keep all their children. (They really make god seem like a huge judgmental asshole dont they?) I'm guessing she believes all that, too. The thought of blaming her husband wouldn't even cross her mind. She would just praise Jesus that the others survived.

Do we ever hear Esther's voice? Has she ever expressed an opinion? We hear John's big mouth all the time.

Last update around noon today Central time. They are in Africa and had a short delay due to visas but it was taken care of in about 45 minutes. all luggage is there safe and sound. But the delay with visas were not that big of a deal.

So from looking at posts. it appears many here feel that Esther is going against her will. Is that the general view here?

I am new to this board so am just kind of skimming the thread to see what the discussion is all about.

I don't follow them much but yeah, if she conceived 4-5 months after marriage then she probably didn't have a miscarriage.

I'm guessing she wouldn't be allowed to blame her husband if one of her children died bc it isn't his fault. God called them to Zambia and god wasn't willing to let them keep all their children. (They really make god seem like a huge judgmental asshole dont they?) I'm guessing she believes all that, too. The thought of blaming her husband wouldn't even cross her mind. She would just praise Jesus that the others survived.

I am curious who "they" are in this context. specifically john and esther or some group that you all may have them linked to?

ShraderFriend, do you mind sharing why anyone supports this man? He has no practical skills to take to Zambia, he has not shown that he could support his family here in America, he treats his children as if they are disposable(the fan hanging in the van is just one of many signs of this), he has shown blatant racism towards the people of Zambia, he is going to a place where 73% of the people are already protestant, and most of the money raised by churches will not be spent on spreading the word of God but on support John and his children. I was raised IFB supporting missionaries, but people like him would have been laughed out of the church and told to learn to support his own kids instead and witness in his own community.

He may be a troll or he may be real, either way I would love to see if he can defend sending a person like John over to Zambia.

Formergothardite.. Long time lurker (with a few posts) and you always write what I'm thinking..

ETA: blonde moment on spelling

I am not sure what you mean by his not being able to support his family or the racism that you have seen in him or that he disregards the welfare of his family. But as far as support for him by other churches, they know that support does generally go toward supporting the missionary and his family in order for them to do the work that they believe God has called them to do. And if I know John, the money will not be wasted and he will use more of it on ministry than himself unlike many missionaries I have known over the years the used "deputation" as extended vacation to every them park in the country. That is one reason when I went was a missionary (not foreign) I chose not to do deputation. I told my church my burden, and within 3 months moved 3 states away without deputation or promised support or a job. I went by faith with my family of 5 at the time and lived on our savings for 6 months and when it was gone, we had churches sending support that we never asked for. I have always felt if God wants me to do something, He will provide without me asking others. I have nothing against those who do deputation, just the ones that do it for years as a joy ride.

But as for John, he has proven that he handles funds with care and is not wasteful. His family is taken care of and happy. If God wants him in Zambia, then He will provide all the tools even if John is ill equipped for the work and lacks skills, God has a way of developing it. If God is not in it, hopefully John is able to recognize it and humbly return home and say "I was wrong".

I was just wondering where all the feeling about John on this forum come from.

Archived