IGNORED

Ian and Larissa Rebranding

salex

They are moving away from the Pray for Ian, though it still gets to their blog, and going to a "So Happy Together" theme, in large part, I believe, because of their book that is coming out later this summer.

I suspect the book will mean more radio and speaking tours, which will sell books. They have been focusing on his relearning to walk, and he was doing well enough that the doctors went ahead with his surgery. He is (allegedly, I am always a cynic) writing more of the blog.

But,Marissa Larissa seems less miserable.

ETA

Thanks for the correction, happily I was still able to edit!

I really and truly wonder if any of those are Ian's words, or if she writes what she thinks the old Ian would say...

I don't think Ian has ever spoken with an interviewer, has he?

I tend to think that Ian is writing the posts- at least part of them. And then Larissa "edits" them and adds a sentence or phrase here and there to flesh them out based on what she thinks he would say or what she thinks he is trying to say.

A bunch of my friends (Christians, but decidedly NOT fundies) on FB posted their new video a few weeks ago. He was answering questions and stuff in it.

A bunch of my friends (Christians, but decidedly NOT fundies) on FB posted their new video a few weeks ago. He was answering questions and stuff in it.

When I saw it, my cynical self wondered how many takes it took to get one that would work for the film. But that is just me.

I hope he's getting better. Someone here at freejinger suggested the that there can be a long slow improvement for brain injuries (if I read the post right) so maybe I was too hasty.

THey seem to have got millions of hits on that newest video, so I suspect the book will be a big seller.

When I saw it, my cynical self wondered how many takes it took to get one that would work for the film. But that is just me.

I hope he's getting better. Someone here at freejinger suggested the that there can be a long slow improvement for brain injuries (if I read the post right) so maybe I was too hasty.

THey seem to have got millions of hits on that newest video, so I suspect the book will be a big seller.

I'm starting to think so too. I think the majority of their readership will be Christians. I wouldn't be surprised if they appeared on 700 Club to promote the book.

I do hope, for both of their sake's, that the book does well. I can't imagine the therapy, medications, and home care he requires are cheap.

I do hope, for both of their sake's, that the book does well. I can't imagine the therapy, medications, and home care he requires are cheap.

I also hope it does well, but it takes awhile to get royalties and sometimes royalties aren't too large. The blogging couple at Young House Love Blog? wrote a book and they admitted later on that they didn't make too much through royalties. A part of me thinks that Larissa will also try to have a public speaking career. She did some kind of skype event last year.

I really and truly wonder if any of those are Ian's words, or if she writes what she thinks the old Ian would say...

I don't think Ian has ever spoken with an interviewer, has he?

I wonder that also. They sound as if he is okay mentally. But he had to get permission from a court to marry....so is he totally as he was but with physical limitations and memory issues? Or is he more like a young teenager or child? Do they ever address that? Maybe it will be in the book.

desiringgod.org/blog/posts/update-on-ian-and-larissa

The video here has a current interview with them, it's only like the last third of the video though, the beginning is all stuff from right after his accident.

I am not convinced at all he is more than a child mentally. He can say things that he's probably been told 1000 times but that's pretty much all I see. I don't see a lot of deep thought going on there.

• 2 months later...

I took a break from reading some blogs and I'm now getting caught up on several bloggers. I checked out Ian and Larissa's site. Her book is being released in a couple of days. So far it seems there hasn't been major press or promotion for the book. Christian Post has an article about them

http://www.christianpost.com/news/marri ... un-125346/

I checked out Amazon and it seems the book is already being sold there and there are 21 reviews up. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those people are paid reviewers or friends of the couple.

http://www.amazon.com/Eight-Twenty-When ... ssa+Murphy

Archived