IGNORED

The Haislips are Homeless again, apparently

salex

... He says god is going to provide them with finances and a place of their own. They are facing down the "giants of the land" (he says the giants are the LGBT community for him and dede). Fun times!

Does this mean they are just too totally whackadoodle for even the kind souls who took them in and are being shown the door?

Also, it is kind of funny and a bit ironic just how FLAMBOYANT ex-gay greg is in his approach to evangelicalizing.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dede moved on and eventually stumbled across Greg Haislip. His XGay shirt turned her on, and she just wanted to see his nipples underneath. But they didn't so much as hold hands or kiss before they got married. Greg wants you to also know how open minded they are. Because they got married in a BLACK church! See! They love everybody!

Is this a f*cking parody?

Dede moved on and eventually stumbled across Greg Haislip. His XGay shirt turned her on, and she just wanted to see his nipples underneath. But they didn't so much as hold hands or kiss before they got married. Greg wants you to also know how open minded they are. Because they got married in a BLACK church! See! They love everybody!

OMG. Link please.

Yes it's a parody.

S'pose it is time for me to write Dede's bio and the whole pregnancy/radio show drama!

Now these are my kind of Jesus freaks. I'm going to be in Atlanta next week...maybe I'll see the exgaymobile! I would just die.

Hey, whatever happened to the baby?

I live there and still haven't seen it. You have no idea how disappointed I am. :lol:

Yes it's a parody.

S'pose it is time for me to write Dede's bio and the whole pregnancy/radio show drama!

Yes, please. I'm ready for more :pink-shock:.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the Haislips are in Orlando-- and I have a question for people who know-- is that where DeDe's ex husband lives? Because while it hasn't been stated, I get the gut feeling they are back with him again. I think they were asked to leave by a previous host, but again, i'm not sure.

But, there was some discussion on facebook (and I'm paraphrasing here) about their host left 40 bucks for groceries and they were shopping for 3 adults and a child-- and God helped them get 48 dollars of food when someone paid for their groceries with food stamps and took their 40 in cash to use for gasoline. Just like the loaves and fishes, but with food stamp fraud instead. Anyway, they have mentioned that they may have to get jobs..... but they don't mention that as much or without mentioning how to get donations to them.

How long does a "ministry" have to fail and how homeless does said ministry have to be before the ministers think... hmm, maybe the voice telling me to be a minister is mine and not God's. Maybe it isn't that the devil doesn't want my ministry to succeed-- maybe it is God isn't helping because I wasn't really called?

Dede's ex does live in Florida, and (last I knew) he was an easy drive from Orlando--but he doesn't live there (I don't want to post anything more specific than that about him; he didn't ask for this kind of embarrassment).

My guess is that Greg and Dede are in Orlando looking for work as entertainers (or at least Dede is). I imagine they've burned some bridges in Atlanta with their parasitic behavior, and Orlando's actually a good choice for a pair of grifters. The locals will be onto them soon enough, but with so many tourists passing through I'm sure they'll find plenty of sympathetic rubes willing to toss them a few bucks here and there.

The voices of their mental illnesses is what keeps this charade going.

That, and in their rare moments of mutual clarity and sanity I'm sure they both realize they've destroyed their own reputations and their ability to get normal jobs and go back to a stable, settled life.

Greg was always bad at being a responsible, respectable adult, even by his own admission. But Dede once had a chance to make a decent life for herself--she had a nursing license, had held steady jobs, and dumb as she is she does seem to have a quality I call "hustle"--she gets out there and tries to make things happen (like a comedy career). She's got enthusiasm on her side.

But she met Greg, decided she wanted to be in the spotlight, and went about it in the most ridiculous way possible. Now anyone who googles her is going to see what a trainwreck she and Greg are, and step the hell away before the crazy rubs off. And there's no fixing her reputation--it's salted and burnt, and you can't tell me she doesn't know that.

So they pretty much have no choice but to keep going wherever favorable winds push them, and keep scraping by on the kindness and generosity of people who don't yet know who or what they are. Throw in their respective kinds of crazy, and that's it. This is their life, now. There's no going back.

He more or less accidently referred to her as Deanne or Deanna on his facebook, then corrected himself a while back. I suspect she at least is using her Deanna Alaine name as much as possible. He may be using his stage name more too.

She has to use a different name - if I was her I'd be changing my name by deed poll to something that isn't associated with crazy all over the Internet.

Wasn't it in Florida that Greg was "The Best Gay on The Beach"? Maybe he's going back to hustling. He's a bit old for it though.

Archived