IGNORED

Randy of Say Yes to the Dress Imagines Jill's Dress

freethemall

It's modest, but not one I can see Jill or Jessa wearing. What is that stuck on the shoulders?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People have been speculating here and in another thread about why Fundies don't get Mormon modest gowns. Could it be because they consider Mormons a non-Christian cult? Evangelicals (especially Calvinists, though I know the Duggars are theological ignoramuses) have a long history of freaking out over cults.

I'm discovering that there are plenty of ready-made modest wedding gowns that do not require the addition of a t-shirt. Here's another one (maybe more Jessa than Jill):

Fgallery3-8.jpg

I wonder what that would look like in a pale mint green? Thinking of myself here.

I agree but it's way too sophisticated for Jill.

What about this? No cleavage, arms are covered, really frumpy.

b4311170.jpg

That looks like my great-grandmother's wedding dress. I'm not joking. I have her wedding picture.

Kleinfeld has an orthodox jewish consultant on staff specifically to help choose dresses that meet orthodox jewish modesty standards. There are so many orthodox jews in NY, there are quite a few places that cater to modest wedding dresses. I am sure one of those places could find a better look than Randy's or David's Bridal with a tshirt under it.

I can kind of see Jill in something like this. It looks really nice, a little country, doesn't show the shape too much, and I'm sure she could pull it off. She might want to raise the neckline, but I think it looks great the way it is.

http://www.allurebridals.com/products/M516

This is actually cute. The empire waist really makes me think of an Austen film. And fundies usually love regency style dresses. That being said, I doubt any of the Duggars have ever read a regency novel.

I wouldn't do it but they could also choose a dress with a lacy top and then then wear one of those shirts the dancers/cheerleaders wear underneath to make it opaque. Either in white (hard to match) or one of their wedding colors and wear the matching (colored) shoes. I'm not sure how it'd look but I think if you really spent time searching the the right pieces, it'd be better than the mess of sewing a whole shirt on a strapless dress (ala Erin Bates).

I like the idea of wearing one of the wedding colors under an illusion neckline. The patterns in the lace would pop so much more, and it's a nice way to add a touch of personality. Chances are however that it would likely be considered too much color for a virgin white fundie wedding.

I was at a wedding where the bride had a dress that was modesty done right. Lace short sleeves over a satin gown. Stunning!

I was watching TLC the other night, and I found myself thinking about Duggar Family wedding spin-offs. I could see Jim Boob going on 'I Found the Gown' and asking the sales staff for a deal if he buys wedding dresses for multiple daughters at once.

I was watching TLC the other night, and I found myself thinking about Duggar Family wedding spin-offs. I could see Jim Boob going on 'I Found the Gown' and asking the sales staff for a deal if he buys wedding dresses for multiple daughters at once.

I can see him trying to get them to knock an extra $100 off the already deeply discounted dress.

I can see him trying to get them to knock an extra $100 off the already deeply discounted dress.

I can see him trying to buy dresses for either Joy and older or all the girls...even though there is no way of predicting what size they will be when they do marry, what their taste will be, what will be in fashion, and *GASP* if they even get married.

Or just make all the girls wear the same dress. Something from a consignment shop.

That first one is gorgeous.

Love that dress, and I think it would look really good on her and suits her style.

Archived