IGNORED

Next Food Network Star - S9

twin2

This is my guilty pleasure of the summer. :)

So far I like Luca, because what is not to like? Reminds me of Fabio from TC. Be interesting to see when Giada lays the smackdown on him because there is only ONE Italian cook on the FN and we know WHO that is!! Even though she didn't do well in the first competition, I'd like Aeryn's culinary POV as that is what I like to try in the kitchen. Plus I think it does fill a void on FN. So far the only one I can't stand is the Pageant lady, can't remember her name. Plus wasn't last year's winner's POV a cooking show with a dating spin schtick?

Yep, Damaris pitched an "Eat, Date, Love" show about how to attract a man through your cooking. The Food Network didn't produce many of her shows. About the only winners of Food Network Star to be successful with shows are Guy Fieri (although his shows aren't so much about cooking) of Season 1, Melissa d'Arabian of Season 5, and Aarti Sequiera of Season 6, with Kelsey Nixon from Season 4 also having a successful show. I love Melissa and Kelsey. Could never get into Aarti's Party even though I love Indian food.

After finding out it is responsible for bringing Guy Fieri to the world, I have deemed this show the root of all evil.

Bye Luca, we hardly knew ya. :cry:

Yeah, his demo was a hot mess, but at least he knows how to get a pan onto heat and make gravy....

Oh it doesn't matter I can't imagine Kenny will last past the next two weeks anyhow. I'm really starting to like the cowboy which I never would of guessed when they first introduced everyone.

Oh it doesn't matter I can't imagine Kenny will last past the next two weeks anyhow. I'm really starting to like the cowboy which I never would of guessed when they first introduced everyone.

I'm liking him too. I know I've seen him before- maybe on Chopped? Some of my other early favorites are the butcher lady and the home cook (Aryn?) even if she's been told her food is bland.

I like Lenny the Cowboy and hate, hate, hate, the pageant girl.

Now that you all are mentioning it, Lenny does seem familiar. Hated last night's challenge, probably because I hate cutthroat kitchen. Would have been pissed if Lenny went home. I think I would have gagged trying to eat Kenny's parfait.

I am HATING pageant girl. Evey time she does her confession I just want to throw something at the TV. Her mannerisms are so over the top.

Now that you all are mentioning it, Lenny does seem familiar. Hated last night's challenge, probably because I hate cutthroat kitchen. Would have been pissed if Lenny went home. I think I would have gagged trying to eat Kenny's parfait.

I am HATING pageant girl. Evey time she does her confession I just want to throw something at the TV. Her mannerisms are so over the top.

I hated the way they played out last night. Cutthroat kitchen is such a shitty game that's purely won by chance skill is barely a factor. It should of never been a game that would of sent anyone home. (I'm saying that in relation to Lenny almost going home, Kenny got what he had comin but still)

I was confused temporarily by the Lenny and Kenny thing. There was a Kenny who came in second on Chopped: Grillmasters and he was a cowboy who ran the chuck wagon. I'd definitely watch a show starring him.

Pageant girl needs to go NOW. Her mannerisms are so over the top.

Second dumb challenge in a row. Just let them cook something. Looks like next week might finally be a relevant challenge.

Finally figured it out: Lenny was on Guy's Grocery Games.

• 3 years later...

This dumb show is back and as awful as ever. Sorry, I can't seem to unbold for some reason.

• 4 weeks later...

There was a Lenny McNabb who won Season 10 in 2014.  The day after he won, it came to light that he'd tweeted a bunch of racist, homophobic, misogynistic shit, some of which was directed at Res Drummond.  No show for you, Lenny!

23 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

There was a Lenny McNabb who won Season 10 in 2014.  The day after he won, it came to light that he'd tweeted a bunch of racist, homophobic, misogynistic shit, some of which was directed at Res Drummond.  No show for you, Lenny!

Damn, I had liked him on the show. I think they might need to start vetting their candidates better, aside from Lenny there was a guy in Season 3(?) who lied about his background and was removed right before the finale. 

Archived