IGNORED

TN Woman attaches baby to the train of her wedding gown.

Tootsie McSassafrass

The article I read said she only places the baby in the train for a picture not that she dragged the baby down the aisle. Still a strange picture.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that is just odd. I don't think it is CPS worthy but the baby can one day submit it to an awkward family photo contest and win.

The article I read said she only places the baby in the train for a picture not that she dragged the baby down the aisle. Still a strange picture.

She stopped the wedding so someone could lie a baby down on her dress and snap a picture? Why the need to tie the baby in, then?

Whatever the case, the mother is one strange person.

A 2-month old baby might not be able to lift their head if some of that frothy material got moved over their nose and mouth. They could also get bumped, or twisted in an uncomfortable position. The risk may not be great, but why take it at all for something so ridiculous and unnecessary?

An older baby sitting on the train of mom's dress for a picture, grinning and maybe chewing on it a little? Cuuuute! A tiny baby laying there helplessly and appearing to be dragged along? Off putting to say the least.

Which is exactly why my poor cousins are falling through the cracks.

Trying for understanding here. What does one have to do with the other? Do we even live in the same state?

I'm totally going to tie my cat to the back of my train now.

Please post the video of how tht goes, won't you?

Hey, you could wind up with something like this couture gown but at a fraction of the cost! :D

7-shredded_wedding_dress_couture.jpg

Reminds me, my cousin wanted a picture like this one, but her photographer thought it was a bad idea. She would have done it during the bridal portraits though, not on the wedding day.

e364d988086dcd310719ffc2e6d6a344.jpg

I always heard this expression as 'covered by the blood of Jesus' (which makes for a delightful mental picture), but it essentially means that because they believe in Jesus so much, He won't let anything negative happen.

'I'll just use my hair dryer while I sit in this bathtub of water. What can go wrong? I'm covered by Jesus!'

Does Jesus send you safe driver checks like All State though??

When my little one was small (too big for the infant carrier but too small or a booster) - there were many times when we went out to eat and the restaurant didn't have a high chair or the ones they did have were all in use. Even so - I can't imagine putting my child on the floor.

Stroller! With two I wasn't about to wear both of them, so they were/are always in the stroller. I have only been maybe one or two places where I couldn't get in with my huge tandem stroller.

When I read "affixed to the train" I was thinking more at the waist like a bustle. That wouldn't have been too bad - like a baby in a backpack or something? This is just awful.

As my grandmother would say, "God protects children and idiots". Sure did double duty on that one. :think:

We'll never see this at a Duggar wedding. :D

Sadly, we might as the little ones cling frantically to their buddy saying "Please don't leave me!".

In the interest of being snarky as possible- the mother is claiming that dress is from the Vera Wang White line. It is not. It is a Galina Signature, and an ugly one at that. All those loops of 'frothy' material are actually exposed horsehair braid loops, which is very scratchy, uncomfortable, and ugly!

Gotta love 'too poor to go to disneyland' family entertainment Been there, done that! :lol:

Which is even grosser, who knows what germs were on the floor of that place from a million shoes.

DA FUQ????

I mean, there looks to be a decent amount of people surrounding the obviously batshit bride, and not one of them thought this was a terrible idea and intervened?

I don't get why she couldn't have held the baby as she walked down the aisle if it was that important to bring the baby along...but then again if you are insane enough to attach your infant to the train of your dress, your reasoning skills are probably non-existent.

If I was at that wedding, I'd probably be too stunned to do anything. That's just so bizarre that it's one of those things that seems like it has to be false.

In the interest of being snarky as possible- the mother is claiming that dress is from the Vera Wang White line. It is not. It is a Galina Signature, and an ugly one at that. All those loops of 'frothy' material are actually exposed horsehair braid loops, which is very scratchy, uncomfortable, and ugly!

I know! She was trying so hard to pass that gown off as Vera Wang. I love how Vera Wang's publicist came out and basically told her to take a seat. That was not a Vera Wang gown. :lol:

Does anyone else find it funny that she's all 'yay Jesus'y when the fruit of her pre-marital sex is right there on her gown? Not that I'm judgy about the sex, but just seems kind of odd.

Maybe that's just my Catholic viewpoint. Don't most Christians teach no sex before marriage? (again, not condemning it, I did it and most of my friends did too, just didn't get all holier than thou at our weddings.)

Does anyone else find it funny that she's all 'yay Jesus'y when the fruit of her pre-marital sex is right there on her gown? Not that I'm judgy about the sex, but just seems kind of odd.

Maybe that's just my Catholic viewpoint. Don't most Christians teach no sex before marriage? (again, not condemning it, I did it and most of my friends did too, just didn't get all holier than thou at our weddings.)

I thought the same thing. She is compartmentalizing quite a bit there.

Damage control. She's had family release statements about how precious it was seeing the baby pulled down the aisle. Also if that pic was a photo op, someone forgot to tell some of the audience who looked shocked.

Archived