IGNORED

TN Woman attaches baby to the train of her wedding gown.

Tootsie McSassafrass

LITERALLY. She wanted her 2 month old daughter to be a part of her wedding and instead of having her grandmother hold her while being seated, or handing her off to a trusted family member or friend? She "secures" her 2 month old baby to the back of her train and drags her down the aisle!! :pink-shock: Her defense? The baby was ' awake, and covered in Christ' ???? :angry-banghead: Oh okay, that makes it perfectly fine! WTF! Something tells me even Jesus would want to slap some sense into her!

www.4029tv.com/national/bride-drags-bab ... 748#!TF7EP

The link also includes an excerpt from her facebook page. It.. :pink-shock:. You'll have to read it for yourself. The grammatical errors and poor speech ('we den'?) make me want to :pull-hair: * Jesus isn't going to keep you from CPS steppin' in. Oh WHY must people like this give other from small towns/the south a bad rep.

* I say ain't as well as like minded words from time to time, and I'm not saying I'm perfect. I'm a typo making fool in a rush at times, but, whatever that facebook post on her behalf was... I grew even more annoyed annoyed by the second.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DA FUQ????

I mean, there looks to be a decent amount of people surrounding the obviously batshit bride, and not one of them thought this was a terrible idea and intervened?

I don't get why she couldn't have held the baby as she walked down the aisle if it was that important to bring the baby along...but then again if you are insane enough to attach your infant to the train of your dress, your reasoning skills are probably non-existent.

It doesn't even look nice...it would be far cuter if she was carrying the baby, or had someone else carry the baby, or I have seen babies in cute decorated wagons pushed down the aisle.

Its a stupid idea, and the baby could have fallen off!

The baby was probably safe, but man that looks bizarre. To me it looks like the baby is holding her back, probably not what she was going for! I've seen lots of children included in their parents wedding ceremony, but in a way that's sweet and inclusive...this would just make the baby train the sole focus - can you imagine being a guest and trying to focus on the ceremony?!?

I think it looks like someone put the baby down on some nice fluffy fabric to nap, and nobody noticed it just happened to be the train of the gown. Or like someone was taking before marriage pictures with the baby on the dress, then forgot she was there-kind of like setting your coffee on the top of the car and forgetting about it. I don't see what the big damn deal would have been to carry the baby in her arms as she walked down the isle.

I know I'm not Christian....but I didn't think that Jesus said "do whatever the hell you to want with your babies, no matter how stupid, 'cause it's all ok as long as you think about me".

Good grief. Why do so many parents use their kids as props for attention? Seriously. This is a small human relying on an adult human for their safety. Just stop the nonsense.

But hey, what do I know. I according to the mother we should all shut up because Jesus was there, and they are covered by the blood. :roll:

It looks ridiculous, she seems attention hungry, and that is some dress she's wearing.

No accounting for the things people dream up to do.

That looks so ridiculous. I bet/hope the entire group of guests was laughing their butts off. But anyone suggesting calling CPS is also insane. The baby looks perfectly happy/asleep so I doubt it was painful.

Personally, if you have to have your baby in your wedding ceremony, I love the decorated wagon thing. Or make your maid of honor carry it instead of flowers.

I don't understand the need for CPS. However when I first read about this story my first thought was "I wonder what Free Jinger has to say about it"! Glad to see a topic was already created.

Good thing this child is covered in Christ--because she is surrounded by stupid. I imagine CPS will be at her doorstep in short order, as someone out there (and this is all over facebook and the press) will see fit to do so.

That being said--this was monumentally stupid. What if there was a panic like a fire, and :fsm: forbid someone steps on the baby? Seriously, could the mother of the bride not done a Kris Kardashian and held the child for the ceremony?

I don't get it. She could have carried the baby with her bouquet. Or gotten a wagon or a basket or something... How was her first thought, ooo, I'll tie her to my dress like a tin can on a bumper?

The link also includes an excerpt from her facebook page. It.. :pink-shock:. You'll have to read it for yourself. The grammatical errors and poor speech ('we den'?) make me want to :pull-hair: * Jesus isn't going to keep you from CPS steppin' in. Oh WHY must people like this give other from small towns/the south a bad rep.

* I say ain't as well as like minded words from time to time, and I'm not saying I'm perfect. I'm a typo making fool in a rush at times, but, whatever that facebook post on her behalf was... I grew even more annoyed annoyed by the second.

Aside from a couple omitted commas and a homophone mistake, the grammar was correct in African-American Vernacular English which does not follow the same rules of Standard English. AAVE is a distinct dialect with its own grammar, vocabulary and phonology.

The baby on the train fiasco amounts to all kinds of epic foolery! Talking about doing the most!

I don't get it. She could have carried the baby with her bouquet. Or gotten a wagon or a basket or something... How was her first thought, ooo, I'll tie her to my dress like a tin can on a bumper?

Mela99, do you mean to tell me that you're not going to have a baby ride your train down the aisle like a not so magic carpet?? Sheesh, get with the times!

I saw this, and some of my first thoughts were "what if somebody yelled 'fire'?" That poor baby would get stomped on as everyone rushed out of the church. Also, aren't 1 month olds still incapable of holding up their heads on their own?

I'm sorry, but she could have held the baby as she walked down the isle. Or, if she didn't want to do that, her father walking beside her could have, or she could have recruited another family member to walk the baby down the isle either in front of her or behind.

Going off topic for a quick second...

How do you have 2 different avatars, Mela? When you post, it's Tina Belcher. When your post is quoted, it's Louise. Not that I don't appreciate duelin' Belchers, just wondering how that happened. Maybe it's just me and my not so smart phone.

Carry on.

I saw this, and some of my first thoughts were "what if somebody yelled 'fire'?" That poor baby would get stomped on as everyone rushed out of the church. Also, aren't 1 month olds still incapable of holding up their heads on their own?

I'm sorry, but she could have held the baby as she walked down the isle. Or, if she didn't want to do that, her father walking beside her could have, or she could have recruited another family member to walk the baby down the isle either in front of her or behind.

While I agree it looks really silly and distracting, I don't really see that it's dangerous. She said the baby was secured somehow and the in case of fire thing would mean no one should ever put their baby on the floor - which means they would never learn to walk or crawl..

Babies usually learn to crawl and walk at home, in daycare, or in another place where one expects babies to be. A church aisle isn't where anyone I know puts a baby.

So keep ya mouths running for it was just that Exclusive and Epic enough we made top blog way from small town Ripley, TN and the social media doing what they do, TALK!!!!"

They live in a town called Ripley? :lol:

I think the calls for CPS are less along the lines of the wedding being child abuse and more like, if they're doing this, what else is that poor baby going to be subjected to? Certainly it doesn't mean the baby is neglected or abused, but I think the fact that the parents are using him/her as a prop and throwing safety to the wind kind of throws up a red flag.

I have to tell you that when I first saw the article I had to double check it wasn't an Onion post and then I thought...can't wait to see what FJ has to say about this crazy!

Archived