IGNORED

GOP Candidate Calls Creationism A ‘Scientific Theory’

doggie

Not sure if this idiot thinks this is true or is just saying this to get what she wants.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/05/31 ... ic-theory/

The Republican war on science in South Carolina is still raging on and it’s only getting crazier.

Even though Republicans backed down earlier this month on including creationism in a resolution naming the Columbian Mammoth the official state fossil, the GOP hasn’t completely surrendered in their effort to force the teaching of religious dogma in science classrooms. Conservative lawmakers are making a hard and desperate push to include creationism in new science education standards. To that end, conservative Christians are hoping that their effort will be helped along if they can take control of the top education post in the state.

Eight Republicans have entered the primary race to become state superintendent of education in South Carolina. Sheri Few is one of them, and if she wins the primary and goes on to win the general election, science education across the state will likely go down in flames. Few not only opposes the current science standards and wants creationism taught in schools alongside evolution, she actually believes creationism is a scientific theory. You read that right. She thinks creationism is backed by science and she said as much during a primary debate earlier this week.

In regard to the evolution issue, I have to say that, that is one of the problems with our education system today, and it is one of the problems that has been brought to light through the problems with the Common Core standards. Children are not receiving an objective education.

Then she declared that creationism is totally supported by scientific research and referred to it as “the scientific theory of intelligent design.â€

There is plenty of science and research behind the theory of intelligent design, and yet it is not allowed in the classroom. There is no reason why the scientific theory of intelligent design should not be taught in the classroom alongside the theory of evolution, and that way children would receive an objective education and they could also — for Christian children — could point to their God through the theory of intelligent design. Children need to have an objective education.

Here’s the video of the debate.

Why can't these idiots just STFU and find some island to keep their crazy on???? Get them out of my country, please!!!

How is the scientific community not completely insulted by this? They dedicate their lives to research that works to prove/disprove various theories and ideas, and then this lady comes along and declares something with no scientific basis whatsoever to be a legitimate theory? :hand:

It's jackasses like this twit that end up making it so people do not have a proper scientific education. These are the same morons who go to foreign born doctors and proceed to bitch about how unfair it is that a white man can't get to be doctor in America. The stupid burns. :evil: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :twisted: :pull-hair:

This is why religious schools exist. If you want your kid to learn religion in school, send them to a school run by a church or home school them. Otherwise, keep your dogma to yourself and stop trying to brainwash children. Science is science and religion is religion. You can't claim religious theory as scientific theory simply because you believe it. You need proof, experiments, facts. Since none of those exist for creationism, it should not be taught in science classes.

I swear, some Christians and Republicans out there are dead set on making the U.S. the dumbest country in the world and a laughing stock. How is our country supposed to excel and dominate in the STEM professions if we're creating a generation of idiots who don't believe in science? No wonder other countries kick our butts in primary and secondary education. It's embarrassing.

It's nuts to me that their r people out their who believes this. Like someone said above if u believe this & want your kids to homeschool or go to a Christian school.

It's nuts to me that their r people out their who believes this. Like someone said above if u believe this & want your kids to homeschool or go to a Christian school.

I agree but elements in the GOP are trying to get Christian schools to have taxpayer support. I believe it is already happening in Louisiana...tax-payer supported vouchers can be used in religious schools. To me, that is state-supported religion and is unconstitutional. However, considering the conservative majority on the Supreme Court, I fear they would not find any problem with this. At what point did our Democracy come to an end and an Oligarchy/Theocracy begin?

I agree but elements in the GOP are trying to get Christian schools to have taxpayer support. I believe it is already happening in Louisiana...tax-payer supported vouchers can be used in religious schools. To me, that is state-supported religion and is unconstitutional. However, considering the conservative majority on the Supreme Court, I fear they would not find any problem with this. At what point did our Democracy come to an end and an Oligarchy/Theocracy begin?

Doing away with taxpayer supported schools is a hot debate here in Alabama, and it appears the support for doing so is gradually growing.

RosyDaisy, do I understand you right? Is there an effort to completely do away with public education in Alabama? Do they really want the state to become Dumbfuckistan? It seems like they're hallway there already if that stupid movement gains traction.

Archived