IGNORED

Virginia atheist couple: official no right to get married

doggie

Virginia is not the only batshit crazy in the USA.

During the run-up to approval of same-sex marriages in Washington State, more than one local legislator took to the Capitol floor to share that he (or she) did not think that anyone who would not "procreate" should be married in Washington. One went so far as to say that those who knew they would not be having children should not be issued a marriage license in Washington State.

I contacted him. We don't have kids. We had no intention of having children before we got married. We were of legal marriageable age in this state and fit all other standards required when our license was issued. The size of our family is none of his business. Did he respond to my politely worded letter? No.

The right-wing in this country is dying. They're attempting to take as many down with them as possible. The state official that refused the couple in Virginia because they don't believe in God should lose his job.

I know of a politician who tried that argument to show how stupid it is to use the "buy teh gays can't have babies" argument. When it was put in context of opposite-sex couples, people noticed, and that argument against gays lost steam. If there are any politicians who said this and meant it, I missed that.

• 2 weeks later...

I know of a politician who tried that argument to show how stupid it is to use the "buy teh gays can't have babies" argument. When it was put in context of opposite-sex couples, people noticed, and that argument against gays lost steam. If there are any politicians who said this and meant it, I missed that.

I once pointed this out to a colleague who thought homosexuality was "wrong" as they wouldn't be able to procreate. All she could say was "Well, that's different." But she couldn't explain why it was different. Why don't we just ban anyone over 35 from getting married as their fertility won't be exactly at its peak any longer.

Anyway, I hope this government official is sacked. Other people's religious beliefs are none of his business.

Archived