IGNORED

Jill Duggar wedding invite

lilith

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're friends with Jeubs?! Ick

I'm bothered by the random formality of this whole thing. The truck in the picture is tilted yet the text is straight on; it bothers me. Also, you can't use the formal wording and then use a nick name. It shouldn't read "Mr and Mrs Jim Bob Duggar request the honor of your presence". It should read "Mr and Mrs James Robert Duggar request the honor of your presence". It certainly sounds nicer.

I'm glad they finally acknowledged Derick's dad. But they excluded his step father. If they're going to put his parents on two separate lines, then his step father needs to be included as well.

It's a cute picture, even if it is cliched. I'm guessing the location information is on the back? Probably so they can show off the invitation without giving away too much info for the crazy psycho leghumpers who would crash the whole thing.

Wait. Their middles names are Michelle and Michael?? :lol:

I noticed the same thing and thought "I bet that clinched it for Jill. It's meant to be!" because that's what I would've said at age 15 when talking to my friends about boys.

Now, what about that invite? I think the old truck in the background says that Derick is still a good ole boy even if he has a university degree.

It's an odd wedding invite. Looks more like a save the date....

^ This. I agree, it looks much more like a formal Save the Date (STD, lol), and not a formal invitation. Unless like a previous person noted, it may be on the back with the secret password to their wedding website. I wonder what fundie approved word it is.

It's an odd wedding invite. Looks more like a save the date....

Yeah, same here.

I noticed the same thing and thought "I bet that clinched it for Jill. It's meant to be!" because that's what I would've said at age 15 when talking to my friends about boys.

Now, what about that invite? I think the old truck in the background says that Derick is still a good ole boy even if he has a university degree.

I probably would have said that, too, when I was 15. It's cute, but since Josh stole the M names and already has a Michael, I guess they won't be doing that. (I really hope they don't do same letter names. There are so many other themes to use. Or just names you like without any connection to each other works well too)

I like the truck in the background. I'm not knocking it at all. I'm just saying that the angle of the truck and the text don't match up and it peeves me. That's all.

Those look like really expensive invitations, too. They used a photo for the invite and then either the back or a separate sheet for the location. Then another RSVP card and then at least once more card for either meal selection or directions or registry info. Plus the envelope. When you're inviting 1000+ people, that gets expensive. But They probably only needed to send out about 200 invitations. I'm guessing they will seriously have over 2000 people at this wedding. So yeah, 200 invitations sounds about right. :lol:

If I had to invite 1000 people, they'd be getting a postcard too. Can you imagine folding and stuffing and precisely labelling all those envelope?

I probably would have said that, too, when I was 15. It's cute, but since Josh stole the M names and already has a Michael, I guess they won't be doing that. (I really hope they don't do same letter names. There are so many other themes to use. Or just names you like without any connection to each other works well too)

I like the truck in the background. I'm not knocking it at all. I'm just saying that the angle of the truck and the text don't match up and it peeves me. That's all.

Those look like really expensive invitations, too. They used a photo for the invite and then either the back or a separate sheet for the location. Then another RSVP card and then at least once more card for either meal selection or directions or registry info. Plus the envelope. When you're inviting 1000+ people, that gets expensive. But They probably only needed to send out about 200 invitations. I'm guessing they will seriously have over 2000 people at this wedding. So yeah, 200 invitations sounds about right. :lol:

If the wedding is anything like the fundy weddings we've seen recently:

1. There will be no response card because fundies don't expect RSVPs, they just plan for a crowd.

2. Meal selection would consist of: Cake: wedding cake or groom's cake; Beverage: Sweet Tea or Lemonade. But since they really don't care about their guests, why bother?

3. Event info is likely on the back of the invitation.

They might need envelopes if the event info is on the back of the photo card, but they might have printed it small enough that they could put the invitees names and addresses, and a postage stamp on the back, a la postcard.

Agree that it looks like a Save the Date instead of an invitation.

I think maybe they left the step dad off because it says "Son of..." and lists his deceased dad. I'm trying to remember what our invitations said as we had my parents (still married) and my husband's mom (single) and his dad and step mom all listed. I think it listed all names together before "request the honor of your presence" or whatever. It is a little insulting to completely leave Derrick's step father off the invite, unless they aren't close or don't get along.

If I had to invite 1000 people, they'd be getting a postcard too. Can you imagine folding and stuffing and precisely labelling all those envelope?

Yeah but we are talking about a crowd of an average family size of 10, so 100 families. Probably between 100-200 invites. I did the making, ribbon tying, stuffing for my sisters wedding and that was 150 invites, it really wasn't too bad. Plus Jill has many siblings, and a simple assembly line to stuff wedding invites could knock them out really fast.

Yeah but we are talking about a crowd of an average family size of 10, so 100 families. Probably between 100-200 invites. I did the making, ribbon tying, stuffing for my sisters wedding and that was 150 invites, it really wasn't too bad. Plus Jill has many siblings, and a simple assembly line to stuff wedding invites could knock them out really fast.

With a lot of help it can be fun. The worst is writing all the addresses! But it's so much nicer imo than labels, totally worth the carpel tunnel.

My hubby and i had our engagement photo with a truck too! =D (one of my grandpa's old trucks that was that same blue color :lol: but we printed them in sepia)

It's too bad they didn't list his step-dad, that's got to sting a little. I'm sure this isn't proper etiquette, but ours just said "along with our parents" since we ran into the same situation.

I find it both odd and annoying that Michelle's name on the invite makes it look like she is basically a non-entity, she's essentially listed as "OfJimBob." Derick's mom, on the other hand, gets her own line where her full name is given. It just seems so much more respectful toward Cathy.

Your mileage may vary, but I get seriously pissed off when people/address labels attempt to address me as "Mrs. Husband's Full Name." I have my own name and identity, thankyouverymuch, and am NOT an extension of my husband's identity.

That is one tacky-ass wedding invitation. Then again the Duggars are not known for class or good tastes. Hell, they make us Bama rednecks look high class.

ETA: These fundie wedding threads are great lessons in what not to do for or at a wedding.

I find it both odd and annoying that Michelle's name on the invite makes it look like she is basically a non-entity, she's essentially listed as "OfJimBob." Derick's mom, on the other hand, gets her own line where her full name is given. It just seems so much more respectful toward Cathy.

Your mileage may vary, but I get seriously pissed off when people/address labels attempt to address me as "Mrs. Husband's Full Name." I have my own name and identity, thankyouverymuch, and am NOT an extension of my husband's identity.

Well, they may have asked both sets of parents how they wanted it presented, so they may have all had input on it. Just sayin'

^ This. I agree, it looks much more like a formal Save the Date (STD, lol), and not a formal invitation. Unless like a previous person noted, it may be on the back with the secret password to their wedding website. I wonder what fundie approved word it is.

Yeah, but if it came from Vistaprint or something, with coupons, it probably cost 20.00 at most for everything. So I assume this is a money saving measure. That's how we did our STDs...

I'm not a fan of the font. Could have been better.

Other than that I an't snark too much, yes they do look like save the dates, but I think it's becoming more common to use this type of invitation over the traditional type.

I'm not too bothered that Derick's stepddad isn't included and I say this as a step mom to step children. I don't know they history between them how long he's been in Derick's life etc, and who knows maybe his stepddad didn't feel comfortable being included.

I can see them doing rhyming names.

Well, they may have asked both sets of parents how they wanted it presented, so they may have all had input on it. Just sayin'

I'll admit my mother loves being Mr. & Mrs, Tom Riddle. She gets very offended when people address her separately, she is very prideful about being a married woman. So I'm sure it was their preference. (As stated above, I do agree it should read Mr. & Mrs. James Duggar....but :cray-cray: )

I'm also inclined to believe his mother is separate because she's remarried, not because they respect her any more than Michelle.

I do, however, see Rescinded's point and agree that much of etiquette is rather sexist in nature.

Hmmm, I actually like this style of wedding invitation. I don't know if I'd do a picture in front of a truck but besides that, I don't think it's awful. *goes hide in the corner* :embarrassed:

I can see them doing rhyming names.

I'll make a bet that they do all city names from places they've done mission work or something

I'll make a bet that they do all city names from places they've done mission work or something

"Yes this is Kathy Mandu Dillard and her sister Ellie Salvadore"

I'll admit my mother loves being Mr. & Mrs, Tom Riddle. She gets very offended when people address her separately, she is very prideful about being a married woman. So I'm sure it was their preference. (As stated above, I do agree it should read Mr. & Mrs. James Duggar....but :cray-cray: )

I'm also inclined to believe his mother is separate because she's remarried, not because they respect her any more than Michelle.

I do, however, see Rescinded's point and agree that much of etiquette is rather sexist in nature.

I swear, veron1que, I tried to restrain myself, but it looks like I won't be able to help it. The rational part of me is thinking, oh, Tom Riddle is the alternate identity she's given to her parents, but my inner 12-year-old is secretly thinking, ohmahgawsh, her mom is married to Voldemort! :lol:

Sorry, I honestly did take a crack at maturity before I failed miserably. :cracking-up:

Archived