IGNORED

Jessica McDonald Marries

Abby_B

They were married when they met? Damn, I had not heard that.

The fact that Stacey tried to pull off this "my big old Quiverfull family" bullshit when it was a blended family really irked me, when I found out about it. All this holier-than-thou, Isn't-our-traditional-nuclear-family-awesome shit really fell apart when oh, it turns out there are ex-spouses in both cases, and at least one kid (James' eldest son) who appears nowhere online with his family and is only counted in the total number of kids so they can have an extra and thus be super-special quiverfull. Then Stacey started her story of how she'd been SUCH A SINNER, etc. And was saved by the power of Jeebus, etc.

Didn't she say she'd met James at church? I think the story was that his wife had abandoned them?

I used to love Stacey and her smug, stuck up homilies on how she and her family do everything better than your family, but she's devoted the blog to shilling for a pyramid scheme. Which makes me wonder if they're having income problems.

Here's a recap (with links) of James & Stacy McDonalds' marital histories: mcdonaldhomeschoolingtoday.blogspot.com/2009/02/for-record.html

And here is Stacy's story of marrying James and blending the families:

yoursacredcalling.com/blog/2009/03/beauty-for-ashes-a-testimony-3/

Doubt it. They make them out to be horrible people. None of James kids talk to their mom even though she has attempted to be in their lives and loves and misses them. Great Christian attitude huh?

Without knowing the full story of the bio mom's relationship with her kids, I wouldn't want to jump to conclusions that James' kids are insensitive brats for cutting her out of their lives. It's possible their mother was really abusive, or neglected them for most of their lives and only reached out to them via a blog to get attention, etc. Since James and Stacy are so zealous and dogmatic, that it wouldn't surprise me if they had brainwashed the kids to cover up their own mistakes in their previous marriages.

I don't know very much about the McDonalds, but I have read through Tiffany and Ben's blog. On the one hand I like them because they seem a little less dogmatic, kinda playful and quirky, but on the other hand they seem a little smug too. (Or maybe I'm just picking up some weird vibe that isn't actually there. )

Jessica McDonald, daughter of James and Stacy, married Jacob Guenther today. Pictures are up on James' Facebook. Not sure how I feel about the mint green bridesmaid dresses but Jessica's dress is quite pretty.

Not breaking the link as the photos are public: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I am quite curious to know if Jessica ever legally changed her name to McDonald. For those of you who don't know, Jessica is Stacy's daughter from her first marriage and unless they went to court, her last name should have been Kimmelman.

I thought Jessica looked very pretty, too.

The bridesmaid dresses just looked poorly made. The color isn't bad and in a few pictures, I could see where the better fitted ones actually looked nice. Most of them look like they weren't fitted right and there were puckered zippers, etc... Sometimes homemade isn't best - and I'm saying that as someone whose dressmaking skills are atrocious.

They were married when they met? Damn, I had not heard that.

The fact that Stacey tried to pull off this "my big old Quiverfull family" bullshit when it was a blended family really irked me, when I found out about it. All this holier-than-thou, Isn't-our-traditional-nuclear-family-awesome shit really fell apart when oh, it turns out there are ex-spouses in both cases, and at least one kid (James' eldest son) who appears nowhere online with his family and is only counted in the total number of kids so they can have an extra and thus be super-special quiverfull. Then Stacey started her story of how she'd been SUCH A SINNER, etc. And was saved by the power of Jeebus, etc.

Didn't she say she'd met James at church? I think the story was that his wife had abandoned them?

I used to love Stacey and her smug, stuck up homilies on how she and her family do everything better than your family, but she's devoted the blog to shilling for a pyramid scheme. Which makes me wonder if they're having income problems.

Yep, they were married when they met. I totally agree, it was nauseating how they lied about having all these kids. They only admitted it was a blended family when people started pressuring them to explain. If you do the math for the oldest son (from James' first marriage) I think Stacy would have been 16 when he was born... so it was pretty obvious they were lying.

I kinda doubt that they're having income problems since they rented out an entire riverboat for this wedding reception. However, I have always wondered where they get their money since they seem to live very highly. My family has always referred to them as "glorified hicks." :lol: Yep. We're mean.

In this post from July 30, 2008, James talks about two recent deaths in the family:

“James Michael McDonald, IV died this week… My father was 71…His father was quite wealthy, as was his father, and his father before him…Over the years, numerous inheritance checks made it into the hands of my father.â€

and

“Several weeks ago, my wife’s grandfather, Dr. Michael DeBakey, passed from this life at age 99. During his remarkable career, he accomplished many great works. He was a renowned surgeon who gifted the world of medicine, and all of us, in amazing ways. He was a hero in the eyes of the world.â€

familyreformation.wordpress.com/2008/07/30/death-of-a-salesman/

Is it just a coincidence that James and Stacy’s well-known financial problems seemed to end right around this time? I think not. Perhaps Stacy inherited nothing from DeBakey; after all, she had been adopted out of his family at a very young age and did not know him until she was an adult. But I have a strong feeling (no proof, mind you) that James is the one collecting those inheritance checks these days. He comes from old money (despite rockin’ a very convincing “trailer trash†look in the photos on his former wife’s blog).

Damn! You learn something new everyday (Stacy and James knew each other before the divorce was final and James comes from money).

Archived