IGNORED

Jessica McDonald Marries

Abby_B

Jessica McDonald, daughter of James and Stacy, married Jacob Guenther today. Pictures are up on James' Facebook. Not sure how I feel about the mint green bridesmaid dresses but Jessica's dress is quite pretty.

Not breaking the link as the photos are public: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I am quite curious to know if Jessica ever legally changed her name to McDonald. For those of you who don't know, Jessica is Stacy's daughter from her first marriage and unless they went to court, her last name should have been Kimmelman.

She has been married three times?!

No but she courted two guys previously. But James and Stacy considered courting similar to betrothal so I guess she's twice divorced. :lol: I think they have distanced themselves from that belief though since Tiffany broke her first engagement and Jessica's first two courtships did not end in marriage.

Third times a charm!

ETA:is she the one who was courting(engaged to? ) to bloke her sister ended up marrying?

ETA:is she the one who was courting(engaged to? ) to bloke her sister ended up marrying?

Yep, her sister Melissa ended up marrying Garrison Sanford. I believe he was the first guy Jessica courted.

Saw the picture. Then looked through the guy's page. Can someone tell me more about this family. Like how many kids their r.

Mint green is pretty, but those dresses are ugly and ill-fitting.

yep, ill-fitting is the thing that sticks out most. the dresses would've been better had they fit properly.

Collarbones and bare arms! Stacy, whatever became of "If you're not a promiscuous woman, don't present yourself as one"?

Jessica McDonald, daughter of James and Stacy, married Jacob Guenther today. Pictures are up on James' Facebook. Not sure how I feel about the mint green bridesmaid dresses but Jessica's dress is quite pretty.

Not breaking the link as the photos are public: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I am quite curious to know if Jessica ever legally changed her name to McDonald. For those of you who don't know, Jessica is Stacy's daughter from her first marriage and unless they went to court, her last name should have been Kimmelman.

James McDonald adopted Jessica, so I'm sure her name was legally changed.

Dear Stacy:

I get the coverage thing but the giant shawl would make a Hasidic or Muslim lady cry. It is called a shrug or short sleeved sweater and it looks better than the afghan you borrowed from the couch. Or table.

James McDonald adopted Jessica, so I'm sure her name was legally changed.

Hmmm.... According to the Peoria County court records, James did not adopt Jessica. She had her name legally changed from Kimmelman to McDonald in March of this year. http://justice.peoriacounty.org/default.aspx Under Civil Cases, Case No. 14-MR-00025

I've always thought there was no way James adopted her since that would have required her dad to give up all parental rights. It's sad how far they go to hide the fact that Stacy was previously married. I wonder what Gary Kimmelman thinks of the whole thing.

Wow, dominionists are starting to cross-reference themselves!

In another topic, we're speculating on whether Steve Bargar changed his name to Steve Maxwell as a young child or as an older adolescent before he went into the US military service, and here we have a 20-something bride finally getting around to changing her name legally some 20 years (I'm guessing) after she began being called by that name!

Abby_B, good sleuthing to find out Jessica's father's name! Or do you know them IRL?

Dear Stacy:

I get the coverage thing but the giant shawl would make a Hasidic or Muslim lady cry. It is called a shrug or short sleeved sweater and it looks better than the afghan you borrowed from the couch. Or table.

Here's another thought -- your sweater/cardigan/tablecloth/shawl/covering: why not wear it in the same color as your dress, Stacy? You know, so as not to distract from the bride's white on her special day?

I'm sure there's a "common-sense essential oil" for that.... :shifty-kitty:

Yep, her sister Melissa ended up marrying Garrison Sanford. I believe he was the first guy Jessica courted.

That must make for awkward family get-togethers. Or do they leave-and-cleave (really leave-and-cleave, not Duggar leave-and-cleave)?

yep, ill-fitting is the thing that sticks out most. the dresses would've been better had they fit properly.

Personally, I think the mint is a little insipid, but that's just a personal taste thing, or maybe my vision is impaired after the photos from Alyssa Bate's/Webster's colour extravaganza, but those bridesmaid dresses look appalling! I don't think I've seen bridesmaid dresses as poorly fitted as those three.

All of the bridesmaid's dresses were poorly fitted, not just those three. It's just particularly obvious in that photo. I found her pinterest page. I think I can see what she was going for but modesty guidelines and budget constraints seem to have gotten in the way.

It probably doesn't help that of those three bridesmaid's at least one is pg and at least one has recently had a baby. It must be difficult to make decent modest dresses for three women who constantly somewhere on the making babies treadmill, even with good dressmaking skills. Whoever made those dresses didn't even have that.

All of the bridesmaid's dresses were poorly fitted, not just those three.

That'll learn me for rushing off and not looking any further :embarrassed:

It must be difficult to make decent modest dresses for three women who constantly somewhere on the making babies treadmill, even with good dressmaking skills. Whoever made those dresses didn't even have that.

Very true. Something simpler, or even store bought :o might have been better, but I guess the bride wants what the bride wants, so the poor old dressmaker just had to try her best, even with all the odd after/between baby sizes.

The groom looks about 16. I almost hate to say or, but Jessica's dress is pretty - not at all what I'd expect from MODESTYMODESTYMODESTY Stacey.

I wonder which essential oils she will tell us were an absolutely vital part of the wedding.....

Hmmm.... According to the Peoria County court records, James did not adopt Jessica. She had her name legally changed from Kimmelman to McDonald in March of this year. http://justice.peoriacounty.org/default.aspx Under Civil Cases, Case No. 14-MR-00025

I've always thought there was no way James adopted her since that would have required her dad to give up all parental rights. It's sad how far they go to hide the fact that Stacy was previously married. I wonder what Gary Kimmelman thinks of the whole thing.

I guess Stacy lied? I remember reading on the blog that her and James adopted each other's children.

Stacy being creative with the truth? :o

Who would've thunk it possible? :shifty-kitty:

I wonder if the bio parents get invited to these weddings?

Doubt it. They make them out to be horrible people. None of James kids talk to their mom even though she has attempted to be in their lives and loves and misses them. Great Christian attitude huh?

Wow, dominionists are starting to cross-reference themselves!

In another topic, we're speculating on whether Steve Bargar changed his name to Steve Maxwell as a young child or as an older adolescent before he went into the US military service, and here we have a 20-something bride finally getting around to changing her name legally some 20 years (I'm guessing) after she began being called by that name!

Abby_B, good sleuthing to find out Jessica's father's name! Or do you know them IRL?

The whole divorce/remarriage was discussed on an old thread, maybe back in the yuku days. Also, all of the Texas marriage and divorce records are online and free to access. Stacy married James 6 months after her divorced was finalized... so when they met, she was probably still married. I really don't believe most of Stacy's story about the divorces.

I don't personally know the McDonalds IRL but we've been at some of the same events over the years and we have mutual friends. Let's just say, I'm not a fan.

Archived