IGNORED

All Things Doug Phillips & VF, Including Lourdes's Lawsuit

happy atheist

Or it could be his whole world just imploded, so he wanted to be close to home. Scott Brown is thick in the mess. Even though he's father-in-law, close contact probably felt uncomfortable, like salt in a wound. Ma & Pa Bradrick have been homeschooling since time began and lived in the same area for 20+ years. It must have felt safe for PB to take his family back to where he was before all the VF shit even existed.

To the best of my knowledge, your description fits the bill pretty well.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more thing to think about: Petey would never be married to Kelly had it not been for VF. That was an arranged marriage if I've ever seen one. It was a huge Broadway production (but under the Barnum and Bailey circus tent at Scotties home) -- and 6 (or maybe only just still 5) kids later, Petey has realized what a farce it all was. Granted, I think Kelly is probably a lovely girl and has done everything required of her as a VF robot female, but wow, talk about lamb to the slaughter and trying to come out 8 years later trying to pick up the pieces.

+1 And i really don't think PB was fleeing to get away from accountability. He doesn't seem a con man at all. That happy birthday video for Tool they made from the NICU. It's like Dougie was so self-absorbed that PB, his right hand man, had to remind him who he was. :roll: ingridgraceandaudrey.blogspot.com/2012/06/portrait-of-lady.html (scroll down for video) Clueless, gullible, yeah. But knowing accomplice, i doubt it.

+1 And i really don't think PB was fleeing to get away from accountability. He doesn't seem a con man at all. That happy birthday video for Tool they made from the NICU. It's like Dougie was so self-absorbed that PB, his right hand man, had to remind him who he was. :roll: ingridgraceandaudrey.blogspot.com/2012/06/portrait-of-lady.html (scroll down for video) Clueless, gullible, yeah. But knowing accomplice, i doubt it.

Re: my comments above, it's not that that I think he was a knowing accomplice nor do I think that he's a con man by any means. Quite the opposite. Rather that given his long time personal and professional closeness to DPIAT for years, he could find himself inadvertently dragged into the whole mess by association. I don't doubt that DPIAT would attempt to implicate others, even if innocent, in order to save his skin if it came down to it. In short, Peter's innocence and blind faithfulness to his mentor plus unknowingly being around any of DPIAT's funny business may have put him unwittingly at risk. Moving away might be seen as prudent as it could help prove, if needed, that he did not know DPIAT's shenanigans and once known, he disapproved of it and got away from it, including his VF heavy hitter father in law. This isn't a big possibility, IMHO, but a possibility nonetheless.

However, I also agree that moving could have just been a way to go home where he feels safe and he could more easily recover from this bomb that was dropped on his life.

As someone who's had some interaction with Peter over a semi-extended period in the past, it's hard to feel much compassion; the man made a living shilling for toxic people, considered himself above others, quick to criticize and slow to encourage (if he ever indeed did so; I am having some difficulty remembering a single instance, unless flattery falls into that category). Unless you fit a particular mold of his own devising (or perhaps DP's devising) you were less-than, insincere; you had to be Created In Peter's Image in order to be accepted into the good old boys club that was that group. I'm not feeling any schadenfreude, and I wouldn't wish harm on anyone, but I do hope he's had a change of heart, or nobody in Washington will like him very much. The only way he was liked in NC was by surrounding himself with similarly self-fixated people.

I also find it very odd that he's joined a real estate agency, after trumpeting the importance of entrepreneurship. After all, his business was a huge success... err, nevermind. Perhaps I and my business are not the worthless, damned failure he thought I was.

I wish him all the best, as well as Kelly and the kids, but if he hasn't changed his attitude, then perhaps he doesn't deserve it. My hope is that he has, and that moving and disassociating with his previous circle-jerk signifies a shift in worldview.

Yeah, I have to agree with Othello on this. Was Peter a "con man"? No. But was he "clueless"? Hardly. Let's not forget that this was a grown man who totally accepted VF teachings that included the glorification of slavery in the Confederacy, women's complete submission to men, and the idea that "sodomites" were deserving of death. I only have so much patience for the "brainwashing" argument.

Yeah, I have to agree with Othello on this. Was Peter a "con man"? No. But was he "clueless"? Hardly. Let's not forget that this was a grown man who totally accepted VF teachings that included the glorification of slavery in the Confederacy, women's complete submission to men, and the idea that "sodomites" were deserving of death. I only have so much patience for the "brainwashing" argument.

Agreed. He was a grown man (albeit a young and impressionable one) when he was shipped off to VFdom by his parents. He should have been strong enough in his homeschooling education to question the world -- oh, wait, sorry, HIS homeschooling education apparently didn't teach him that -- and he made his own choices to parade himself around like the next Doug Phillips. It must be very humbling for him to have to work for a (gasp!) corporation instead of making it on his own as an entrepreneur. You know, with all his education and everything.

I'm guessing she's had her little blessing by now. Seems like the person who posted that info said at one point months ago that she looked to be 5 months along, and her uterus is about as strong as a wet kleenex so she tends to have her babies prematurely.

Not sure how to research to find out if their blessing was born.

From Scott Brown's "2014 Progress Report:"

"First of all on a personal note, Deborah and I have a new grandson from the Bradrick family who was born on May 24. He is Shepherd Thomas Bradrick, sharing my same initials and middle name. And, there are two more grandchildren on the way via David and Monica and Taylor and Blair that will give us 14 grandchildren."

ncfic.org/blog/posts/2014_progress_report

ETA: Just discovered this, further down in Scotty's progress report:

"Our local church life has been very sweet here in Wake Forest, yet at the same time the Lord has seen fit to reveal sin among us. As a result, we have seen serious sin stopped in some peoples lives as a result of confession, repentance and church discipline."

"First of all on a personal note, Deborah and I have a new grandson from the Bradrick family who was born on May 24. He is Shepherd Thomas Bradrick, sharing my same initials and middle name. And, there are two more grandchildren on the way via David and Monica and Taylor and Blair that will give us 14 grandchildren."

"Our local church life has been very sweet here in Wake Forest, yet at the same time the Lord has seen fit to reveal sin among us. As a result, we have seen serious sin stopped in some peoples lives as a result of confession, repentance and church discipline."

Again, Marian, hats off to you! You are amazing at digging this stuff up!!!! I bow to thee!

Shepherd. Shepherd? So will they call him Shep? Sounds like a male stripper name. LOL. So, it's confirmed, Kelly has 6 kids now. Wow. Just wow.

And it's so wonderful to hear Blair and Monica are both expecting again -- they are so fertile! Doing exactly what they were designed to do. Lie back and think of England Patriarchy!

Blech.

BTW, Scott is apparently "brimming with thanksgiving". That should be a post count here. As opposed to "brimming with Thanksgiving" which has a whole other meaning and is probably just a seasonal thing. LOLOLOL.

Laughing at my own stupidity because I didn't get much sleep last night.

So can anyone do a Bradrick roundup on all the kids' names? I can only remember a few of them -- Triumph, Geneva Convention, Courage, Michael, and now Shepherd. Who am I missing?

So can anyone do a Bradrick roundup on all the kids' names? I can only remember a few of them -- Triumph, Geneva Convention, Courage, Michael, and now Shepherd. Who am I missing?

There's Loyal Cromwell.

Shepard by comparision is an improvement but still.....

Told ya' :P

Seriously though, I felt bad about my original bean-spilling here of her pregnancy, so I waited for someone else to spill this. And don't judge me, but I think Shepherd is a cute name!

Mmmm, Shepherd's pie!

That's all I got.

Lamb! Which I don't buy but I will eat at a Greek restaurant (oh, and in Greece, of course, but haven't had the good fortune of being there in many years...). Which brings us full circle back to...DPIAT, of course.

What does this involve--public floggings? Days spent in the stocks? Ducking stools?

Told ya' :P

Seriously though, I felt bad about my original bean-spilling here of her pregnancy, so I waited for someone else to spill this. And don't judge me, but I think Shepherd is a cute name!

I like both Shepherd *and* Loyal! Also Geneva! :dance:

(the other ones suck)

My uncle's lifelong best friend is named "Shepherd" and goes by "Shep" I always kind of liked it. But then I always thought he was really cool anyway. (He was 10 years older than me and I really looked up to them.) So often names ring with us according to the associations we have with them.

Also Geneva! :dance:

Geneva would be a beautiful name, if it weren't in reference to the Geneva of the Reformers (Deformers?) — under Calvin's regime, there were over 20 men and women burnt alive for witchcraft in the span of 1 year (1545); 58 death sentences and 76 banishments in a 4-year span, 1542-1546 (this is within a single city, remember); a book printer who wrote things uncomplimentary to Calvin was sentenced to have his tongue perforated with a hot iron and expelled from the city; a man was given 3 days on bread and water for eating a pastry at breakfast; dancing was punished with prison and banishment; calling Calvin a hypocrite earned Jacques Gruent torture and execution; a girl was beheaded for hitting a parent, and a banker was executed for adultery; Martin Luther wrote of Calvin, "With a death sentence they solve all argumentation" (Juergan L. Neve, A History of Christian Thought, vol. I, p. 285). These can all be cited properly and accurately.

So, maybe not quite as pretty a name as it would seem :( Sad, since it could be so nice...

Maybe Kelly and Peter are just really big fans of Firefly...?

The six Bradrick kids are:

Triumph Perseverance

Knox Defender

Loyal Cromwell

Geneva Constance

Michael Courage

Shepherd Thomas

Da Fuq with Michael? Kid lucked out compared to his siblings!

Apparently Hellena and Curradong use the same baby naming book as the BRADRICKS!

Da Fuq with Michael? Kid lucked out compared to his siblings!

Apparently Hellena and Curradong use the same baby naming book as the BRADRICKS!

They finally realized it would be a good idea to name one of the kids after Bradrick!'s father. Interesting that Kelly's dad got desperate enough to point out that this last blessing has his own initials and his middle name. Maybe the last two babies' names are giving way to "normativity" (a favorite VF word) and steering away from the patriarchal nomenclature Bradrick! is so very fond of.

Geneva would be a beautiful name, if it weren't in reference to the Geneva of the Reformers (Deformers?) — under Calvin's regime, there were over 20 men and women burnt alive for witchcraft in the span of 1 year (1545); 58 death sentences and 76 banishments in a 4-year span, 1542-1546 (this is within a single city, remember); a book printer who wrote things uncomplimentary to Calvin was sentenced to have his tongue perforated with a hot iron and expelled from the city; a man was given 3 days on bread and water for eating a pastry at breakfast; dancing was punished with prison and banishment; calling Calvin a hypocrite earned Jacques Gruent torture and execution; a girl was beheaded for hitting a parent, and a banker was executed for adultery; Martin Luther wrote of Calvin, "With a death sentence they solve all argumentation" (Juergan L. Neve, A History of Christian Thought, vol. I, p. 285). These can all be cited properly and accurately.

So, maybe not quite as pretty a name as it would seem :( Sad, since it could be so nice...

But Lake Geneva is still a beautiful, beautiful shade of blue regardless! And no messed-up fundie appropriation can take that away, ppl! :penguin-no:

Maybe Kelly and Peter are just really big fans of Firefly...?

The six Bradrick kids are:

Triumph Perseverance

Knox Defender

Loyal Cromwell

Geneva Constance

Michael Courage

Shepherd Thomas

The three oldest lil Bradricks need to sue their parents. Those names suck.

Archived