IGNORED

Why show disrespect to the LDS?

syntex72

The forum is named 'Mormons - Mormonism' the church is called Later Day Saints or LDS for short.You do not call the any other religious group by a slang name.

The forum is named 'Mormons - Mormonism' the church is called Later Day Saints or LDS for short.You do not call the any other religious group by a slang name.

All the missionaries in Europe, which I encountered, called themselves "Mormon".

The LDS members I've known have called themselves Mormons, and there was a campaign not too long ago, "I'm a Mormon" that was on social media.

You think "fundies" is the official term that Independent Fundamentalist Baptists prefer? We are a snark forum. Also, the FLDS, AUB and other groups that the LDS leadership has gone to great lengths to disclaim any association with also fall under the umbrella of "Mormon".

Isn't the official church called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints"? And wouldn't Mormonism be kind of equivalent to Catholicism (as in belief system...bad analogy I know). Oh, and a fundie is a fundie regardless of denomination or religious belief.

Mormons refer to themselves as Mormons or LDS, neither of which is a slur, both of which are accurate terms. If you're looking for something to get offended about on FJ, it's not like there's a lack of inflammatory topics. This isn' t one of those topics.

Archived