IGNORED

There's No God? Christian Video Parodying Atheists.

ILikePie

Honestly, it makes me sad to see people are so unaware of real science and then turning around and teaching it to their children. I'm willing to bet they were never properly informed about evolution and just believed the creation "science" their parents taught them. I feel bad for the kids, seeing as the skit they did, and the other videos on their channel, seem like rehashings of their parents' political and religious beliefs. :cry:

I wouldn't mind a parody of atheists. Hey, I admit that I laugh at some of the youtube poster, Dark Matter's videos so it is fair that Christians might chuckle at atheists. The video, however, simply showcased the makers' ignorance about evolution. They obviously don't understand evolution, at all so they end up seeming very stupid.

The US has a serious issue when it comes to accepting science as truth. Many Christians manage to reconcile their faith with scientific facts and yet, in the US right wing and some conservative Christians are almost proud of their ignorance.

yes it is sad that these people are that ignorant and they go around thinking they have it all figured out.

I wouldn't mind a parody of atheists. Hey, I admit that I laugh at some of the youtube poster, Dark Matter's videos so it is fair that Christians might chuckle at atheists. The video, however, simply showcased the makers' ignorance about evolution. They obviously don't understand evolution, at all so they end up seeming very stupid.

The US has a serious issue when it comes to accepting science as truth. Many Christians manage to reconcile their faith with scientific facts and yet, in the US right wing and some conservative Christians are almost proud of their ignorance.

This is exactly the problem. I agree that there could be potentially some really funny videos about Athiests, but there really aren't

I also found their "what would it be like if guns were illegal" one cringeworthy... The answer "like a large proportion of the developed world" (Incidentally, I don't think guns should necessarily be outlawed.. more the insular ignorance grates on me...

Well, there are four kds who'll deconvert five minutes after they're allowed out of the homeschool bubble. You would have thought someone with the sense to remember not to breathe underwater would figure out that hanging their entire religion on the straw man that the opposition thinks fish spontaneously transform into people was a little bit of a dead cert to be refuted the moment the kids can watch uncensored TV.

None of the beliefs mocked in that video are more incredible sounding than walking on water, pregnant virgins, returning from the dead, etc.

oh man, the smug in that video made me angry

This is the problem with this shit

1) Our society, for whatever reason, allows people to treat facts as opinions. Evolution is not an opinion, its scientifically proven. So is climate change, and IUDs not being abortifacients (to jump on that other thread). Homosexuality exists, whether or not you choose to "believe in it".

2) We treat these opinions as valid no matter what, ie "well, they are entitled to their opinions". No they aren't, because they aren't opinions. I don't know how quantum physics work and I never will, but I accept that those who have dedicated their lives and education to it do. It is not an equally valid argument to challenge these things and then hide behind "its my opinion"

Sorry, had to rant.

Seriously, science and Christianity are NOT polar opposites. Why can't fundies understand that? (rhetorical question)

ETA: I know some atheist who have better morals and eithics than some Christians.

I just don't understand why the BBT and Creationism can't reside happily together. What in the bible defines God's "day"? When he made the universe, there would not have been days and nights in terms of modern-day Earth. There were days and nights on God's schedule, which from where I'm standing, seems PRETTY DAMN INFINITE. Pre-Earth "days" were never defined in the bible, unless I am mistaken and someone can inform me otherwise.

I think it's a little presumptuous of these anti-science conservatives to think that God couldn't have taken as long as the BBT took. He's supposed to be omnipotent, right? So, he can do whatever the hell he wants. Including taking billions of years to create the universe, because to an omnipotent being, billions of years wouldn't be a very long time.

That's the problem with the literalists. They can't think so they want everything to be made simple for them. Therefore translation a of the Bible is the "way it is."

I'm finally watching Cosmos and I liked the way they plotted time since the Big Bang on a one year calendar. It made me immediately think of the seven day creation story. Who is to say what God's calendar looks like? The story was meant to explain how we came to be to people with none of the scientific knowledge we have now on the universe so why fundies want desperately to be ignorant is beyond my understading.

I stopped watching when the fish turned into the person. I just can't watch something so... ignorant. At least understand what you are mocking before you do so!

That was exactly when I stopped watching too. It was so ridiculous I wanted to throw up. It's like these people never took a basic Biology class. I'm from Georgia and even my high school class touched on Evolution. People are idiots if they can't even do a 10 minute Google search on a topic!

That was exactly when I stopped watching too. It was so ridiculous I wanted to throw up. It's like these people never took a basic Biology class. I'm from Georgia and even my high school class touched on Evolution. People are idiots if they can't even do a 10 minute Google search on a topic!

They probably have never taken a basic Biology class because they are either homeschooled or attend a very conservative, private christian school that does not teach actual biology. They also probably are against googling because the bible is true so why look things up.

I watched as far as the fish becoming human.

It seems like a great video to show how idiotic Creationists who try to debunk evolution are.

Archived