IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 7

happy atheist

I feel like out of all of them, Joy is one of the least likely to be sent to JTTH by herself. Not for any reason except that they CAN'T SPARE HER. Not with at least two of the older girls courting. Joy may luck out in that area.

Joy was a camper and went with Jana (team leader) last September. So yeah, they're still being shipped off. I wonder if that will continue now that the Gothard scandal is mainstream news? Yes, I'm fully aware that Boob and Mullet spoke at Big Sandy, but Boob also represented the family as its headship. Does he still trust the system enough to send his daughters there alone? Yeah, Gothard might not meet with the girls any longer, but we all know he's lurking in the background, waiting for that "internal investigation" by his good old boy buddy Gibbs, Jr. is published, exonerating him of any wrongdoing.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New TLC series:

Breaking Duggar.

My Big Fat Heathen Wedding

Josie and Antoine + One

Naive Duggar, Big World

:whistle:

Actually, I think I would watch all of these! :lol:

(I can't ''thank'' you for this post?)

I doubt it will happen any time soon with the Duggars. They are just too indoctrinated. However, I'm totally convinced that once the Gosselin twins turn 18, they will promptly write tell-alls.

The scenario goes a bit like this: Twins turn 18, apply for college. Their mother finds a way to refuse them their TLC college funds unless they continue to submit to every inane request she makes. Twins figure out they can bypass the shrieking banshee's control and leave her far behind in the dust by writing tell-alls to get money and in the process show her the middle finger. Kate goes and cries in the corner of her $50,000 luxury bathroom. The end. :twisted:

Ugh. I use to love the Gosselins :embarrassed:

At least the Gosselin kids know about the outside world unlike the Duggars kids. Do they know they can write a tell all book and make profits. Or go on tv speaking out against their family. I'm really hoping one of them will speak out, that would be icing on the cake. In addition for their fans finding out who they're really are. I think ratings would go through the roof for their show.

The Boston Globe did a pretty thorough article

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/1 ... story.html

I saw a note that the parents say Justina slipped to them while they were visiting her. The sentence structure and handwriting are very under developed as if written by a much younger child and I wonder why that is. Maybe she does not have enough strength to write or has other disabilities? I guess it would violate her HIPPA rights to disclose that in a news story. She is 15 and the note looks like it was written by a 7 year old.

Woooow. I read Smuggar's article and assumed it was ill informed. And TRUST ME ON THIS - I am in no way defending Smuggar's article. But in an effort to get the full picture, I read the full Boston Globe piece.

If I weren't shaking with rage right now, I would be sobbing uncontrollably.

I haven't seen my sister since she was 3. She's now 11. She's been living with a known criminal drug addict associated with pedophelia since the last time I saw her. Thank DCF for that. Let me tell you that the department of child and family services does good, but in some cases, one of which is very close to my heart, they really fuck up families. And reading the detailed account of this Pelletier case rang way too many familiar bells. Josh Duggar is a tool and he has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I read the detailed account. And I've lived it. And my own sister was lost to the DCF for bullshit my very caring, amazing family had no control over. I can't even.

I would like to think any logical person reading the FULL account would see DCF's massive failures here.... and I can assure you, from personal experience, they go way beyond this. I'm sorry, this is something I've just had to come to terms with and try to forget... but this article made my blood boil.

Just to further what I've said in the last post about DCF destroying my family. My family is made up of half biological and half foster-to-adopted children. Melanie is the only one DCF let slip through the cracks. But when you know your sister from birth and lose her, it's like she died in a way because you can't get her back.... but worse because you know she's out there.

Again, not saying DCF does only harm. But don't assume they never do. I assure you, they do.

Just to further what I've said in the last post about DCF destroying my family. My family is made up of half biological and half foster-to-adopted children. Melanie is the only one DCF let slip through the cracks. But when you know your sister from birth and lose her, it's like she died in a way because you can't get her back.... but worse because you know she's out there.

Again, not saying DCF does only harm. But don't assume they never do. I assure you, they do.

Just wanted to say how sorry I am for the agony your family has been through. I worked closely with CPS when I was employed, and they can do some wonderful things....but when they fuck up it really can destroy lives.

I've followed the Justin's story a little and what baffles me is that the hospital won't take responsibility for her condition getting worse. If she was being abused by her parents then being removed should have helped her feel better.

Not that I'm defending DCF, but I believe the Globe piece was also very slanted, working with the info they'd been given from the parents only, since anyone else isn't really allowed to speak about it because of hippaa and minor laws, so hard to really get the full breadth of the situation.

Her parents are the ones that say she's gotten worse, but if they were using her in the way the hospital and such seem to think they are, then that is exactly what they'd be saying...so I just don't know, there isn't enough info to make a good judgement.

I'm related to and am friends with several social workers, so I admit to being biased about this, but it's really important to remember that neither DCF nor the hospital can disclose any private information. What looks really bad to the general public is easily explained when we have all the info. The one thing that really pings my radar with the Boston case is that I haven't read any mention of a family court decision. Every state is different, I know, but in my state judges do NOT take kindly to children being removed from their bio families without an extremely good reason. There's one judge in my area who's known to literally curse out social workers in court if he doesn't think they had a valid reason for removing a child.

Anyone here remember the NJ case of a child named Adolf Hitler and his sister Aryan Nation who were removed from their parents? The father was all over the media about how they were removed because of their names. It's bullshit, there are very good reasons for the children to have been removed from the home, but since no one can publicly state the real reason for removal the guy has people supporting him.

New TLC series:

Breaking Duggar.

My Big Fat Heathen Wedding

Josie and Antoine + One

Naive Duggar, Big World

:whistle:

I can't help myself! The Duggars : Naked and Afraid

Maybe another thread can be started to talk about Justina's case so we can get back to talking about the Duggars here? :D

I just came here to wish Jackson a happy 10th birthday. Hope his sister-mom remembers. It seems like just yesterday that we saw him being born on the very first Duggar special.

Hubs and I went to a BBQ place for lunch. They have good sauce. He told me to put some in my purse. I looked at him and then he said he wanted to make BBQ tuna.

I was like NO!!!!!!! :naughty:

Hubs and I went to a BBQ place for lunch. They have good sauce. He told me to put some in my purse. I looked at him and then he said he wanted to make BBQ tuna.

I was like NO!!!!!!! :naughty:

OMG, was he serious??? :pink-shock:

Maybe another thread can be started to talk about Justina's case so we can get back to talking about the Duggars here? :D

I just came here to wish Jackson a happy 10th birthday. Hope his sister-mom remembers. It seems like just yesterday that we saw him being born on the very first Duggar special.

Has it seriously been ten years since we've known about these people?! It really doesn't seem that long but yeah, the first special was "fourteen kids and pregnant again" wasn't it? Five kids later, with the youngest being 4, it would be ten years. Holy Shit :pink-shock:

OMG, was he serious??? :pink-shock:

I'm not sure, you can never tell with him but I told him he was NEVER making it. I told him why and he said he didn't want it anymore. :D

BBQ tuna sounds like 10 times the abomination that tater-tot casserole is. At least.

I don't know, I've tried tater tot casserole and I wouldn't call it food. :ew:

My sister makes tater tot casserole, and it's not that bad. She only makes it occasionally though.

My sister makes tater tot casserole, and it's not that bad. She only makes it occasionally though.

It's probably really good if you make it correctly. Make your own tater tots, season the turkey correctly (or use beef), make your own cream of mushroom and cream of chicken, add fresh seasonings like onion and chives, cut out the milk. It's could be pretty good if made with all fresh ingredients. Maybe.

BBQ tuna isn't bad either granted when I had it it was the tuna steaks and properly prepared and not canned tuna mixed with some sauce or however the Duggars serve it.

Tater Tot casserole can be made healthier. Use low-fat low sodium soups 1% milk, lean beef, and reduced fat cheddar cheese. I think it is ok but not any more than once a month or so.

BBQ tuna isn't bad either granted when I had it it was the tuna steaks and properly prepared and not canned tuna mixed with some sauce or however the Duggars serve it.

Yeah, I was imagining that they used canned tuna. The very thought makes me shudder.

Rather OT

Forgive me if this subject has been discussed on here way back somewhere....

I'm currently netflixing my way through 19kac (yes, my nighttime consists of watching crap and smoking pot). In season 9 episode 1 (at least that's what Netflix labels it as) at around 21:18 there is a family portrait. In it is J'Boobie, 'Chelle, Joshie, Jana and Lurch, Jilly, Princess, and FJ (as the then youngest). Since I work in photography, a bruise on Jana's head immediately stuck out to me. Some of the girls are in pink dresses.

Idk why I bring it up except wondering wtf happened. I'm not speculating abuse... We have pictures of me from that age with a nice shiner from accidentally (I hope hahaha) getting thwacked by a doorknob.

On another tangent.... I tried out the Duggars TTC recipe maybe about 7 mos ago. TBH, it was alright. Ain't gourmet, that's for damn sure :naughty: I spruced it up a bit. IIRC, their recipe calls for evaporated milk (?). It's a completely fat saturated entree. Screw trying that chickenetti shit. That is an unholy amount of velveeta and would most certainly plug me up.

Archived