IGNORED

Anyone?? ArkEncounter

latraviata

Sheesh, some people have waaaaaay too much money.

Wow, 24.5 million dollars that seems like an obscene amount of money. No, it will not convert people. Only a idiot would think so.

Wow, 24.5 million dollars that seems like an obscene amount of money.

He definitely needs a flood of donations -- not to mention a team of ark-itechts -- to make his dream a reality.

It gets worse. It's had a big handout from Kentucky's state government-apparently the project will stimulate the economy and create jobs. :roll: (Yeah, I'm not sure how they'll try and swing only employing YECists. Since they've government funding they can't discriminate against ppl who hold to other religions, can they?)

Somebody's building another one?! I thought the link would be for the half-built ark on Rt 40/68 in Maryland. I've driven by that thing every year, going to visit family in WV. I don't think they've added 1 single board since I started those trips back in '92!

There's a good FJ project ... We could finish it & turn it into an intervention station!

To the Greeting Docents: Ladies, please remember to wear something from the approved clothing list; one piece frumper or calf length skirt is docent's choice, of course. Soft shades of make-up are also suggested. Gentlemen - khaki slacks & button-down or polo of your choice. ;)

Ahh another KY gem. Not only are they asking you to give them WAY to much money for a plank and peg, but they are also getting government tax breaks from our own Gov. Beshear.

http://barefootandprogressive.blogspot. ... nters.html (link not broken because it is not to a fundie blog for snark. Barefoot and Progressive is actually a snarky news blog from KY. Very good blog in my opinion.)

If you twittle around the blog mentioned above there are 104 tags to the Ark Park. It's going to be in Grant County, which is a stone throw away from Cincinnati, but still in KY. It is also near the creation museum, also in Northern KY. If the plot in Grant County is secured, which it will be, the Encounter will be 45 min from the Creation Museum.

It's sad really. this is what KY will become known for... Random, shitty museums and encounters.....

Guest Anonymous
It gets worse. It's had a big handout from Kentucky's state government-apparently the project will stimulate the economy and create jobs. :roll: (Yeah, I'm not sure how they'll try and swing only employing YECists. Since they've government funding they can't discriminate against ppl who hold to other religions, can they?)

If I didn't know better, I'd swear that some rival state (or maybe more than one) was paying him to make Kentucky look bad. Everyone that bypasses Kentucky means more tourist dollars in the coffers of the other states.

(Yeah, I'm not sure how they'll try and swing only employing YECists. Since they've government funding they can't discriminate against ppl who hold to other religions, can they?)

No they can't, but because there are MANY ways around this law, it'll be done. They can't discriminate based on religion, but they can offer up an option religion question on their application.. you don't fill it out, or put the wrong religion, they will find another way to not hire you. The lady I worked for at a fast food restaurant did this. If you put down anything other than a Christian religion she was okay with (or you put down nothing) she found another reason not to hire you. So while they won't outright state they aren't hiring someone for their religion, that's basically what they'll do.

ick. It's even legal to ask about religion?

You can make it "optional". It's all over the place here. You can't require anyone to fill out race or religion, but every job application I've ever filled out had both questions with an asterik next to it.

I'm sorry, but I'm a little pissy that they are building this thing out of wood. I cant even imagine how many trees are going to be cut down to build this eyesore. Please, for the love of god, frame it with steel and use something else!!! It doesnt have to fucking float!

They've raised over $3 million so far, according to their website. What a waste. Ark builders, I don't think that God of yours is going to smite you for throwing that cash at some starving children. It's not as if everyone in this wacky nation of ours hasn't heard of Christianity before.

Guest Anonymous
I propose building Big Bang Adventure Park right across the street

And a museum devoted to the writings of Richard Dawkins and Stephen Hawking right down the block.

I propose building Big Bang Adventure Park right across the street

Which could be a whole different kind of fun ;)

Which could be a whole different kind of fun ;)

Fortunately it is on the Dutch telly as well, every night I watch an episode of 'the Big Bang theory' and it absolutely cracks me up.

Yesterday my son dropped by and we watched Sheldon testing the acoustics in a movie theatre.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Pah, it's already been done. See godvine.com/Man-Constructs-a-Full-Size-Replica-of-Noah-s-Ark-516.html

What a waste of money.

Sheesh, some people have waaaaaay too much money.

Erm, no, they don't have the money. The state of Kentucky is giving these guys tax credits and other goodies to build this piece of crap.

Here's my question: If you do "sponsor" part of the Arc, does said piece get to be engraved with something, similar to the placards they put on theatre seats with the names of donors? If so, I would love to get a collective FJ piece and write something on it.

You can make it "optional". It's all over the place here. You can't require anyone to fill out race or religion, but every job application I've ever filled out had both questions with an asterik next to it.

Wow. I've filled out about a hundred job applications over the past month and a half, and while all of them had the race question, none of them mentioned religion. I wonder if it varies from place to place?

The ark BS epitomizes my biggest issue with religion in general. How it preys on vulnerable people, people looking for answers, people looking for guidance and direction.

I've been looking for a job for a long, long time and have filled out applications and sent resume's and completed online app's until my fingers bleed. None has ever asked about religion.

Archived