IGNORED

Kidist possessed by ancient Roman deity

Anny Nym

Literally!

reclaimbeauty.blogspot.ca/2013/05/dionysus-fury.html

I guess, they must serve some preeeetty bad moonshiner at the shady bars of the Olymp to get Dionysus to slip into Kidist :mrgreen:

But on the other hand, he ´s the God of ritual madness too, so probably fitting....

A curious question though:

Anyone ever heard of a restaurant where they would switch waiters/waitresses just because the guest acts like an asshat and doesn´t like said waitresses´ looks?

I personally have a very hard time imagine such a scenario in ANY place of the .... galaxy! :wtf:

She's asking for the Caucasian servers, likely any minority on staff flat out refuses to serve her black, racist, bitchery if she's a regular, which she certainly writes like she is. And yes, most places I worked as a server, if you had someone that racist, rude and hateful, management would try to avoid putting them anywhere near the staff that they would behave so abusively towards.

It's not actually a matter of customer service to her as much protecting the staff as much as possible.

Granted, the cost of a bottle of Vista Point Pinot Grigio is likely higher in Canada, but here in the States, it costs about $4-5 per bottle--and as little as $3.50 on sale. The Cabernet costs about the same.

It's plonk, in other words.

Kidist likely hits her favorite fake suburban Irish pub every Tuesday night, so she can drink bottom-shelf wine at half price. The restaurant, being the mediocre sort of place usually found in the suburbs, isn't catering to a wine-snob crowd--if they did, they wouldn't have Vista Point on the menu.

But when the waitress does her job, by being friendly to a regular and encouraging her to come back and drink more cheap wine at by-the-glass prices, Kidist suddenly acts like she's dining at a Michelin four-star establishment with a sommelier bringing up rare vintages from the cellar.

And of course, we already know that had the waitress been white, there would have been no problem and nothing to write about.

I'd pay good money to read the email Kidist sent the manager. And I'm sure he's told the waitstaff that the crazy lady who comes in on Tuesdays to drink shitty half-priced wine all alone is not only crazy, but a nasty, paranoid little racist, and thus needs to be handled with (white) kid gloves.

[sigh]

For Pete's sake, Kidist--you live in Missasauga and hang out at a fake Irish pub. Having been to the GTO, and eaten at a couple of fake Irish pubs (among other establishments), I can say with confidence that the menu of your favorite restaurant contains: crab cakes; calimari rings; fish and chips; some sort of pot pie; and if you want veg, there's the soggy roasted red peppers that (along with crab cakes) seem to be an obligatory part of every mid-tier Toronto-area menu.

(I love you, Toronto, and Torontonians--I do!--but holy cow, there is no truly Canadian cuisine, is there? No, frozen crab cakes and roasted peppers don't count. Thank goodness for all those nonwhite immigrants Kidist deplores, because there would be little worth eating in Toronto were it not for them. But I digress...)

Where was I? Oh, yes--Kidist, your favorite restaurant is one where most menu items come frozen, by the case, on a truck every week. The wine selection is based on the razor's-edge balance of rock-bottom cheapness and marginal palatability. And you want to pretend you're the Cultured Lady and an oenophile, and act offended when the Chinese-Canadian waitress offers you a taste of red plonk before you've finished your white plonk?

That is just fucking hilarious, Kidist. (Except, of course, to the poor waitress who had to deal with her--but hey, she doesn't anymore! So there is a silver lining to this cloud of toxic craziness.)

Granted, the cost of a bottle of Vista Point Pinot Grigio is likely higher in Canada, but here in the States, it costs about $4-5 per bottle--and as little as $3.50 on sale. The Cabernet costs about the same.

It's plonk, in other words.

Kidist likely hits her favorite fake suburban Irish pub every Tuesday night, so she can drink bottom-shelf wine at half price. The restaurant, being the mediocre sort of place usually found in the suburbs, isn't catering to a wine-snob crowd--if they did, they wouldn't have Vista Point on the menu.

But when the waitress does her job, by being friendly to a regular and encouraging her to come back and drink more cheap wine at by-the-glass prices, Kidist suddenly acts like she's dining at a Michelin four-star establishment with a sommelier bringing up rare vintages from the cellar.

And of course, we already know that had the waitress been white, there would have been no problem and nothing to write about.

I'd pay good money to read the email Kidist sent the manager. And I'm sure he's told the waitstaff that the crazy lady who comes in on Tuesdays to drink shitty half-priced wine all alone is not only crazy, but a nasty, paranoid little racist, and thus needs to be handled with (white) kid gloves.

[sigh]

For Pete's sake, Kidist--you live in Missasauga and hang out at a fake Irish pub. Having been to the GTO, and eaten at a couple of fake Irish pubs (among other establishments), I can say with confidence that the menu of your favorite restaurant contains: crab cakes; calimari rings; fish and chips; some sort of pot pie; and if you want veg, there's the soggy roasted red peppers that (along with crab cakes) seem to be an obligatory part of every mid-tier Toronto-area menu.

(I love you, Toronto, and Torontonians--I do!--but holy cow, there is no truly Canadian cuisine, is there? No, frozen crab cakes and roasted peppers don't count. Thank goodness for all those nonwhite immigrants Kidist deplores, because there would be little worth eating in Toronto were it not for them. But I digress...)

Where was I? Oh, yes--Kidist, your favorite restaurant is one where most menu items come frozen, by the case, on a truck every week. The wine selection is based on the razor's-edge balance of rock-bottom cheapness and marginal palatability. And you want to pretend you're the Cultured Lady and an oenophile, and act offended when the Chinese-Canadian waitress offers you a taste of red plonk before you've finished your white plonk?

That is just fucking hilarious, Kidist. (Except, of course, to the poor waitress who had to deal with her--but hey, she doesn't anymore! So there is a silver lining to this cloud of toxic craziness.)

Hehehehe! :lol: As a wine salesperson, Kidist's wine reviews are my Favorite. Thing. Ever. I wish dearly she would start a dedicated wine and food blog.

I know nothing about wine (if it tastes good to me, I'll drink it), but even I was thinking, "that doesn't sound like very expensive wine". Also, would a restaraunt even sell a really good/expensive wine by the glass? I always assumed the good stuff had to be purchased by the bottle.

(I love you, Toronto, and Torontonians--I do!--but holy cow, there is no truly Canadian cuisine, is there?

Hey, hey, hey. . .what do you call poutine then?

This reminds me of how I was filled with the spirit of His Noodliness the Flying Spaghetti Monster :fsm: a few nights ago. He kindly left me with a message for Kidist:

1. You are a non-white immigrant. No matter what, nothing will change the fact that you are pretty much in the same boat as those horrible Chinese, Indians, Pakistanis, Koreans, etc. you hate so much.

2. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Me no likey =/= ugly

3. No, immigrants are not conspiring to destroy Western Civilization. Neither are feminists, liberals, atheists or Muslims. It's all in your head.

4. Taking a few photographs of random stuff and ranting about cheap perfume does not an artist make. :)

I've never paid much attention to Kidist and I understand that she's seriously insane, but this whole thing seems like performance art, in a way; it's just. so. over. the top. How does she function in her day to day life? What's it like to be constantly seething with rage? Every little thing is an intrusion/inconvenience/insult. How dare that waitress offer her a free(!) taste of another wine from the same vineyard/bottler!!!

The sidebar states that the site is a group effort. Who else is contributing?

I've never paid much attention to Kidist and I understand that she's seriously insane, but this whole thing seems like performance art, in a way; it's just. so. over. the top. How does she function in her day to day life? What's it like to be constantly seething with rage? Every little thing is an intrusion/inconvenience/insult. How dare that waitress offer her a free(!) taste of another wine from the same vineyard/bottler!!!

The sidebar states that the site is a group effort. Who else is contributing?

All the other voices in her head. And the ghost of Lawrence Auster.

We all know that the exact same behavior by a white server would have been interpreted in the opposite way by Kiddist. White servers are so considerate! Polite! Knowledgeable! Good service! Etc, etc, etc.

She really needs psychiatric help and I don't say that jokingly.

:lol:

Wow. She is unbelievable. I can't wait for her lengthy one- chick circle jerk (with the voices in her head) about Two Buck Chuck.

I just read the Gallo review - of a white Zinfandel. Which she calls a rose. Rose is French and dry, and ancient. White Zin is American, sweet and not exactly coveted by people who know wine.

Don't even get me started on the Gallo bit. OMG.

If she knew the first thing about Canadian history, she would be aware that the "the historical white culture" doesn't go that far back ... You know, with the NATIVE inhabitants.

She really makes me sick, and I really do want to believe that she's just trolling us all.

She really is living in her own fantasy world, isn't she?

If I waitress offers you some wine, that's hardly feeling the fury of a Greek god. I'm sure the restaurant manager and head office had a good laugh after they stopped staying WTF?

FYI, Canada really doesn't have a historical white culture of wine drinking. It's only recently that Canadian wines have been any good. If we have a wine culture today, that's because it was imported from other places (like France, Italy and the United States). Will someone remind this immigrant that she's not living in Paris anymore?

Also, I don't care what someone looks like, if they don't have an accent, it means that they were raised here (and possibly born here). The waitress' culture IS Canadian.

I am a drinker of cheap plonk and even I howled with laughter at her Gallo review. :D In some ways I have to admire her though. Mostly snobby bloggers would pretend they at least went a to mid level restaurant before complaining about the wine service (translation staff actually being good at their jobs and offering a regular a freebie in hopes that she'll stay there and have even more). Not Kidist, she pretends an Irish pub of all places is adjacent to a vineyard of her choice in Europe.

I'm waiting on Kidist's review before I buy that box of Franzia.

I say go ahead and take the risk 8-) . Franzia might not be the classiest of the box wines, but it makes an amazing Sangria. And there's nothing wrong with plonk, I have learned to appreciate wines in all price ranges. Is Franzia the one that's not actually wine but "grape beverage?" Or is that a different plonk?

I always read Kidist's posts by translating them to a normal person's point of view. Any other blogger would have commented on how nice the server was to offer a sample of a their new red wine. And if for some reason they were not a fan of red wine (does such person exist?) she could have politely declined. Kudos to the restaurant to not subjecting their waitstaff to her hate - there are cases where the customer is wrong and this is one.

FYI, Canada really doesn't have a historical white culture of wine drinking. It's only recently that Canadian wines have been any good. If we have a wine culture today, that's because it was imported from other places (like France, Italy and the United States).

Y'all may be a little late to the game, but Canadian ice wine is awesome!

if for some reason they were not a fan of red wine (does such person exist?) she could have politely declined.

I prefer white to red, though I prefer beer or rum or vodka or schnapps or pretty much anything other than wine, but if I'm offered it I'm not going to turn it down *hic*

Y'all may be a little late to the game, but Canadian ice wine is awesome!

Jackson Triggs is SO good! :worship:

Jackson Triggs is SO good! :worship:

BC has hundreds of amazing wines, which unfortunately never make it into the US. But you'd think at least a few would escape BC into other provinces. Although they'd have a higher price point than Kidist's plonk.

BC has hundreds of amazing wines, which unfortunately never make it into the US. But you'd think at least a few would escape BC into other provinces. Although they'd have a higher price point than Kidist's plonk.

Alas, the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) is surprisingly bad at allowing wines from other provinces into their stock. The plonk the Kidist loves so much isn't even available for sale (so her fav resto must order it because it's good and cheap).

I'd like to see the look on a host/ess' face if she really just asks for caucasian servers. I doubt she does because someone might tell her to fuck off. Hilarious she is blaming the waitress' promotion of the wine on her "culture". It's a sales pitch, sure, not cultural but I'm just stating the obvious.

One does not find "wine culture" in a mid range pub anyway. As for Canadian cuisine, sure, it exists, but again, not in a pub, unless you count poutine.

Her comments on "original white culture" - guess she's never read any history. Beyond native peoples, it's not like the "white cultures" back in the day were some homogenous (or English) group....bah, she's crazy.

Wait. Is this (http://wellpatterned.blogspot.de) her? I was in no way expecting someone who isn't Caucasian to harp on 'original white culture'. I need to look at more of her topics. Good thing tomorrow is a holiday here, it's already midnight and I'm just now going down the rabbit hole.

Alas, the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) is surprisingly bad at allowing wines from other provinces into their stock. The plonk the Kidist loves so much isn't even available for sale (so her fav resto must order it because it's good and cheap).

IDK what this says about my (lack of) taste in wine, or maybe I was just excited to taste wine in a place other than the Wine Rack or LCBO, but I drank some nice tasting stuff "carried exclusively by IGA" according to the guy who was pouring me some. He was surprised to hear you can't purchase even beer at the grocery store in Ontario... I ended up declining his offer and left with some Maudite.

Archived