IGNORED

Erin Bates/Paine Graduates

BigSandy

In case any of you are interested, Chad posted on his blog about Erin's graduation. It looks like she'll continue teaching even though she's all married up now!

Wow, good for her. Congrats to Erin. I'm glad Chad will allow her to continue teaching piano (probably only until the babies start coming, but still).

congrats to Erin!

Is Crown accredited? can Erin pursue a higher degree at another college,anyone know? JW since I've also heard it called Clown college.

I'm really glad that she has something positive to focus on following her miscarriage. If she wasn't teaching and was just being a housewife, I expect that would be really hard. At least, for the moment, she has something that is all hers to do, outside of being a helpmeet.

Maybe one of her sisters can babysit so she'll be able to continue teaching when she'll have children.

At least, if she works they will live better than she lived in her childhood.

I'm so pleased for her, even though Clown College isn't an accredited school. She completed a program, and has more education than a good deal of fundie girls.

Chad strikes me as a decent guy, and he seems to have a higher regard for Erin's thoughts and interests than a lot of headships. Hope the marriage continues in that direction!

She is allows to pursue a passion! How lucky for her

She is very lucky her passion is fundie approved. If she had a passion to be a scientist or a public school teacher or a doctor that would have been squashed as soon as possible. I'm glad for her but sad for any of her siblings who won't be encouraged to follow their dreams if their dreams don't line up with Gil and Kelly's vision.

She is very lucky her passion is fundie approved. If she had a passion to be a scientist or a public school teacher or a doctor that would have been squashed as soon as possible. I'm glad for her but sad for any of her siblings who won't be encouraged to follow their dreams if their dreams don't line up with Gil and Kelly's vision.

Soo true!!

It is brilliant that Erin graduated and is still working :)

I hope Jill is allowed to do the same, she really has a passion for what she does.

I am pleasantly surprised she's still working. We'll see if I continue to be surprised that she keeps working when she inevitably gets knocked up again.

It is brilliant that Erin graduated and is still working :)

I hope Jill is allowed to do the same, she really has a passion for what she does.

Same here! I think Jill will continue, I also hope Erin will too. Does anyone know what Erin's husband does.

Soo true!!

My thoughts exactly. Her interest and talent luckily was something that was acceptable to fundie parents so therefore OK to pursue. While I am glad she graduated, just wish it was an accredited school. I am of the opinion that if you are going to go through all the effort of getting a degree, it does behoove one to go somewhere that's properly accredited, but that not how fundies think. Still she does have more education than the average fundie girl.

I am happy that she finished her program and seems happy with her choices.

Does this mean they are not moving to OK? Wasn't that the plan, Chad moved to TN so she could finish school and then they were to go back to OK. I always felt like Erin would find a way to stay in TN.

I feel bad if Chad is stuck working in the scrap metal yard for years or life. I thought it was great that he would work there so his wife could finish college but not a long term career. I'm glad Erin is working but teaching kids private lessons could be done anywhere. It is not like she is teaching at music at a Christian school or part of some paid music ministry at a church. She could easily teach private lessons in OK.

No snark here-- I like the way Chad brags on Erin's talents.

I am happy that she finished her program and seems happy with her choices.

Does this mean they are not moving to OK? Wasn't that the plan, Chad moved to TN so she could finish school and then they were to go back to OK. I always felt like Erin would find a way to stay in TN.

I feel bad if Chad is stuck working in the scrap metal yard for years or life. I thought it was great that he would work there so his wife could finish college but not a long term career. I'm glad Erin is working but teaching kids private lessons could be done anywhere. It is not like she is teaching at music at a Christian school or part of some paid music ministry at a church. She could easily teach private lessons in OK.

But you wouldn't feel bad if Erin were stuck in a different state having to rebuild her business? She also seems to have ties to the music industry in TN. Why shouldn't the husband support his wife's career and aspirations? That's very benevolent that you approve of him working manual labor (but only temporarily!) to let her finish college. :roll:

I don't think it was a guarantee they were moving to OK. Kelly said they would stay in TN at least until Erin graduated, but didn't speculate beyond that except that it was "Chad's decision."

Prospects might be better for them in TN than OK. Erin already has a client base built up, and Chad already has a job. Plus, nothing about staying in TN means he's required to keep working in scrap metal (not that there would be anything wrong with it if he did).

Or maybe Erin just likes being near family and Chad's decision is to make his wife happy.

Didn't get the impression that Erin and Chad would definitely move to OK once Erin was done with her studies but remaining in TN until she finished was something that just made sense since she was in her last semester. Once done, they would consider it but it wasn't a definite thing. Since Erin would have a student clientele and Chad has a job, both would have to give those up to move to OK and that's major thing to consider. And there is Erin having to adjust to being away from her family which is another consideration. Add to that the fact they are now in their own home with their own bills to pay, it may just be enough to remain where they are.

Hey, he needs to let her continue to teach. That can be a little gold mine for them. Just think, she doesn't have to leave the house (and if she does she can charge extra), she can plan lessons around her family, and she can pick and choose her students (no one w/green hair allowed!) They just seem so remote out there that she may have trouble finding students.

I don't know who they're being photo bombed by in the first pic, but it looks like chad is holding up a tiny person behind the framed certificate.

This really makes me happy for Erin and I'm impressed with their marriage when I compare it to other young fundies. I listened to a little of the video on his blog - Erin is very talented. I really wish Jana Duggar would be allowed to find a nice young man who would value and encourage her like Chad does Erin.

I am pleased about how proud Chad is of Erin's talent & education. I really don't get the impression he is allowing her to do anything. He seems to genuinely want her to do what makes her happy and doesn't care if she is taking the spotlight in the relationship. Can you imagine a Maxwell boy gushing about his wife the way Chad does? It is refreshing after seeing so many of these fundie men talk about what godly, submissive helpmeets they have been blessed with to take care of their home.

I am pleased about how proud Chad is of Erin's talent & education. I really don't get the impression he is allowing her to do anything. He seems to genuinely want her to do what makes her happy and doesn't care if she is taking the spotlight in the relationship. Can you imagine a Maxwell boy gushing about his wife the way Chad does? It is refreshing after seeing so many of these fundie men talk about what godly, submissive helpmeets they have been blessed with to take care of their home.

I often get the feeling Fundies "settle" for the first person that catches their eye, either because of the whole courtship plan or because they're just eager to move out of the extended-adolescence that is the unmarried Fundie life. They find someone who is "good enough" and just go with it.

But with Chad and Erin, I get the sense that it is a real love match. I feel they would have ended up together no matter what their beliefs were or how they chose to date/court. I honestly cannot say that for some of the other couples, who I feel would have dated for a while but never married.

I think that Chad supports Erin because he really, truly, and unselfishly loves Erin for who she is...and therefore wants her to be the best she can be. Pink bedrooms and all.

I often get the feeling Fundies "settle" for the first person that catches their eye, either because of the whole courtship plan or because they're just eager to move out of the extended-adolescence that is the unmarried Fundie life. They find someone who is "good enough" and just go with it.

But with Chad and Erin, I get the sense that it is a real love match. I feel they would have ended up together no matter what their beliefs were or how they chose to date/court. I honestly cannot say that for some of the other couples, who I feel would have dated for a while but never married.

I think that Chad supports Erin because he really, truly, and unselfishly loves Erin for who she is...and therefore wants her to be the best she can be. Pink bedrooms and all.

Yes, those two lucked out and managed to find someone who really was spouse material for them within the confines of their religion and courtship rules. And Chad (I don't know about Erin only because she doesn't write on the blog) seems to actually get what being a husband is and seems very emotionally mature to me. I too often get the settling vibe from most fundie couples, but not this one.

I also think Chad and Erin are an anomaly.. However, courtship is still taking a gamble. Though it is only their first year of marriage. I have more faith in them. I hope they consider themselves lucky and blessed.

Archived