IGNORED

Is Sarah Mally still unmarried?

gingerjo

Baby Cakes, I agree that it is wrong to call the family that brought him up is his 'adopted' family as if they are less important or legitimate than his biological family. However, we were discussing if it was possible for all three adult children to be asexual or homosexual and in that context, it is hard not to use the terms biological and adoptive when discussing Stephen's background. The Mally's not only belong to a religious background that glorifies marriage and children but one of the sisters wrote a book about how young women should conduct themselves while waiting for their prince. It is interesting that none of the three are married or courting. (My wording is sometimes crappy, I have to admit.)

It also makes me wonder why Sarah and Grace seem so different than their seemingly normal brother. I'd like to know more about their interaction with their parents.

I'm sorry, I suppose I'm being a bit nit-picky. It was specifically this sentence that seemed an uneccessary use: "Steven might also just be quietly living his life and not letting his adopted family know much about his life." It made me wonder if he has contact with other family since I know nothing about these people.

My theory about the sheer number of unmarried uber-fundies is that they are akin to animals who cannot or will not breed in captivity.

I just watched one of the videos with Sarah and Grace and OMG. Grace's "public speaking" voice (I HOPE she doesn't sound like this in normal conversation) sounds like Amanda Seyfried's character in Mean Girls. I could only get through about two minutes of it.

Or asexual and using religion as an excuse. That's what I did, anyway.

She has built up a mini empire as a professional virgin

I'm sorry, I suppose I'm being a bit nit-picky. It was specifically this sentence that seemed an uneccessary use: "Steven might also just be quietly living his life and not letting his adopted family know much about his life." It made me wonder if he has contact with other family since I know nothing about these people.

No, you were right. I was just explaining why I worded that so awkwardly. I don't know if he has anything to do with his birth parents.

Maybe I am losing my mind but I thought Stephen had written that he was born in Korea.

How can she give advice about Prince Charming, when she herself hasn't even met her Prince Charming :roll:

I wonder if many fundie "girls" like the Mallys, Maxwells, and Botkins are running out their biological clocks on purpose. Birth control not being an option, getting married in your late thirties to forties would limit the size of your quiver to maybe just one or two blessings.That's what I'd do.

Oh but what is a virtuous woman...her price is far above rubies or emeralds...or something like that.LOL.

Hey I'd command that much as a Holy virgin if I could have.

The whole virgin thing gets on my nerves anyway.It's putting oneself on par with the mother of God,and it just ain't the same.ALL women should feel good about themselves,not just the self-proclaimed Holy Virgin ones.The Duggars use of comparing non-virgins to a used bike is slap-worthy,IMO.

Having seen a video of her, and thus heard her speak, I can totally understand why she might not have had any suitors. She's pretty, but once she opens her mouth? Total boner-killer.

But for all I know, she's the one who has turned down potential courtships. As it is, she gets to live in the safely predictable cage that is her parents' home, where she has no major responsibilities and is allowed to have a public "ministry" where she can tell other superannuated girls how to live. Sure, her corner of fundydom places a premium on women marrying and bearing lots of kids, but she can get around that easily enough by saying that God hasn't seen fit to send her a husband yet and she's just acting according to his will.

Given the attitudes toward sex and women's bodies these people have, I'd avoid marrying too if I was one of these girls (this goes not just for the Mallys, but the Botkin, Reins, and Maxwell girls, as well as Jasmine Baucham). They're expected to make the jump from pure, sexless, innocent maiden to obedient wife who never says no to her husband's sexual demands, and who joyfully accepts each pregnancy, no matter how closely spaced, no matter how hard it is on her, and no matter how many kids she's already struggling to care for.

You bet your sweet bippy I'd find a respectable way to bow out of that, and "God just hasn't sent me a husband yet, and all the guys who have shown interest weren't the one meant for me. I've prayed really hard on it, and sometimes I get the sads, but then I think of Jesus and write a blog post about it and I feel better. It's all in God's time, and I'm just obeying him, y'all." Who can argue with that?

yes and she'd lose her sarah mally status as Queen Virgin,once she marries.she's have to write a whole nother book,part 2, married life.and it might not be quite a pop as her pre-marriage book.

How can she give advice about Prince Charming, when she herself hasn't even met her Prince Charming :roll:

Her book is about how you should conduct yourself BEFORE you meet him.

I think "Professional Virgin" should be a post count title. :lol:

I think "Professional Virgin" should be a post count title. :lol:

I was just going to make the same comment!

Her book is about how you should conduct yourself BEFORE you meet him.

Sequel Suggested Title for LGBT crowd:

"Waiting on Princess Charming"

Sequel Suggested Title for LGBT crowd:

"Waiting on Princess Charming"

How about "Waiting, waiting, waiting........Bueller, Bueller, Bueller"?

Or how about "Waiting Your Life Away"?

"Too Afraid to Admit I Have Wasted My Life Waiting for a Prince Charming that may Never Materialize"

Maybe she just doesn't want many children. Getting married basically equals having a child in that world.

She's a modern-day vestal virgin.

veiled_vestal_zps799c3a2b.jpg

If only she had an eternal flame to attend. She might spend less time pestering people in Iowa.

:roll:

Archived