• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
MrsFoxx

How to tell if your cult leader is about to lose it.

MrsFoxx

http://www.churchleaders.com/pastors/pa ... t.html?p=1

My personal favorite is how if they are over-eating or chubby, they're probably not keeping it in their pants in other ways than just love handles.

ETA: Because it wasn't clear - I think that's bogus. Weight is far more complicated than "just use self-control."

Edited by OnceUponATime
adding tags

16strong

He goes on Hazardous Journeys.

Howl
http://www.churchleaders.com/pastors/pastor-articles/174127-joseph-mattera-critical-warning-signs-before-leaders-self-destruct.html?p=1

My personal favorite is how if they are over-eating or chubby, they're probably not keeping it in their pants in other ways than just love handles.

Excellent find; this is actually an interesting Web site:

"If a leader cannot control their eating patterns, then most likely that is a reflection of a larger issue; that is, they are medicating themselves with food and most likely are vulnerable to other lusts of the flesh that will enable them to escape from the pressures of reality." :o

Kind of a King Henry VIII syndrome; men of large appetites.

The point being, if you aren't in touch with yourself spiritually and appropriately inter connected socially, your chance of going off the rails is pretty high. This would be true of any spiritual or social group leaders -- or followers for that matter.

Marianne

Obesity is a social sin that has become acceptable in the Body of Christ

I... just... I know that all is sin for christian, but obesity... ?

MrsFoxx

All obesity is a sign of gluttony, doncha know?

I had friends in a culty fundy church who had a church diet plan they all went on. They did Wednesday night services about this "God's Diet" for several months.

OnceModestTwiceShy

I think they just automatically equate obesity with gluttony...not understanding the many other factors that can contribute to this issue.

RachelB

I think they just automatically equate obesity with gluttony...not understanding the many other factors that can contribute to this issue.

I think they can't deal with the idea that human variation isn't a moral problem.

Also, :lol: at the implication that thin people never, ever, ever cheat on their spouses or partners. What world do they live in?

DGayle

I think they can't deal with the idea that human variation isn't a moral problem.

Also, :lol: at the implication that thin people never, ever, ever cheat on their spouses or partners. What world do they live in?

One where Doug Phillips is a saint?