IGNORED

John David Duggar on a group date!?!

Elisabeth

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that the Portillos on Butterfield Rd in Downers Grove?

It also looks like the one off of North Ave (64) in Wheaton/Glen Ellyn. Could they be doing something with Wheaton College? (Also I'm going to be so mad if they were there at the same time as me and I didn't notice!!)

I'm going to join the "I don't think this is a date" thing. While it's possible someone at that table has the hots for someone else at that table, I really don't think the purpose of the meal was a romantic one.

On a side note: just another reason I wouldn't want to be famous. I would hate to have every picture of me with the opposite sex turn into "ooo she's dating!"

I agree with you - I wouldn't want to be famous either (although rich would be nice).

However the Duggars bring this sort of speculation upon themselves. They make a huge deal about purity and saving one self for marriage and they point out again and again that they don't date. Even the decision to hold hands is an epic. If a "regular" person was sitting at a table with other men and women - it would not be noteworthy. However the Duggar's obsession with purity makes it gossip fodder.

I was looking on the Duggar Family instagram and looking at who they follow. This girl kind of looks like the girl on the end of the table (far left) in the photo with JD:

web.stagram.com/n/sarai_johnson

Its probably just an ATI headquarters thing, but maybe JD is in a special friendship~ with some poor girl, and they're waiting for their commitments to run out before they take the next step? Who knows?

I was looking on the Duggar Family instagram and looking at who they follow. This girl kind of looks like the girl on the end of the table (far left) in the photo with JD:

web.stagram.com/n/sarai_johnson

That's her. There's a link to her blog there, and she's with some of the other people at the table, and Jinger Duggar in the pictures she posted. Looks like she works at IBLP headquarters and is also into that prison ministry stuff the Kellers do.

reaching-a-higher-call.blogspot.ca/

That's her. There's a link to her blog there, and she's with some of the other people at the table, and Jinger Duggar in the pictures she posted. Looks like she works at IBLP headquarters and is also into that prison ministry stuff the Kellers do.

reaching-a-higher-call.blogspot.ca/

So I was going through her blog and I think it's weird that in some pictures with her brothers, it looks like she's posing with a boyfriend.

Also, she mentioned that her sister, Hannah, lead a group of "pre-embassy" kids at the ATI function. What exactly is "pre-embassy"?

I agree with you - I wouldn't want to be famous either (although rich would be nice).

However the Duggars bring this sort of speculation upon themselves. They make a huge deal about purity and saving one self for marriage and they point out again and again that they don't date. Even the decision to hold hands is an epic. If a "regular" person was sitting at a table with other men and women - it would not be noteworthy. However the Duggar's obsession with purity makes it gossip fodder.

If Jessa or Jill was sitting between guys it would be a huge problem for Jim Bob and Michelle.

Aren't the Query girls a little old for any of the Duggar boys?

I believe this particular Query girl is around 30-31.

I believe this particular Query girl is around 30-31.

I think Amara is around Jana's age, so mid twenties? She has an older sister

Maybe group date, maybe youth gathering of some sort. I hope he had a good time. :)

JD is not a youth; he is a grown man. The only thing a 24-year-old man should be doing with a youth gathering is chaperoning or advising.

JD is not a youth; he is a grown man. The only thing a 24-year-old man should be doing with a youth gathering is chaperoning or advising.

Youth in their circle is anyone who isn't married. You become an adult when you get married.

So I was going through her blog and I think it's weird that in some pictures with her brothers, it looks like she's posing with a boyfriend.

Also, she mentioned that her sister, Hannah, lead a group of "pre-embassy" kids at the ATI function. What exactly is "pre-embassy"?

I was looking up the age groups and pre-embassy is for 8-11 year old girls. It seems Johanna Duggar and Addallee Bates have moved up from the children's institute this year judging from that photo we saw. Too bad they'll be right back there again in 6 or 7 years as junior leaders.

The Query daughter in that picture has a public Facebook page, and it lists her workplace as IBLP and her current city as Oak Brook.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know. Even most official government programs for " youth" - jobs, training, assistance, dependent status etc. include up through age 24. Generally programs for youth target those aged 16-24 or 18-24. Especially if they are un married and/or don't have children.

Sure, technically he may not a youth anymore, but I mean, the word does not have some concrete cutoff point. Some bus companies here will even sell you youth tickets up until you're 32, soo… yeah. Wikipedia also uses 16-24 as a sort of guideline.

It seems like a common thing among these people to do things as huge groups, so I don't know if I'd jump to the group date conclusion. Sure, it's a little weird that he's sitting between two girls, based on what we see on TV, but I have a hard time thinking they really keep up appearances all the time about this kind of stuff. Like you say, he's a 24 year old man.

Either way, that girl's blog has the kind of intensity that scares me a little bit. About the St. Patrick's Day Parade: "It was so sad to watch the way people have to try to have fun and create joy in their lives. So many souls out there are lost, but not lost for eternity, there is still time. They need Jesus, so MUCH more than we can even imagine." :roll:

That's what they all tell themselves to validate their own absurdly repressive and logic-defying beliefs and lifestyle. Everyone out in the world who seem to be having fun, fulfilling lives are actually miserable and desperately seeking consolation in material and sinful things to make up for not having Jesus. I mean they really, honestly believe this. They can't not believe it, I guess, because then the implication would be that you can have a good life without believing what they believe.

• 2 months later...

So John David has been spotted again with the same girl (I think) from the pictures that started this thread. Photo is from a book signing at one of the recent conferences. Are we jumping on the courtship bus now? She's pretty if it's true!

post-9862-14451999323249_thumb.jpg

I just realized my fundie/ATI knowledge pales in comparison to all of you! lol I looked at this picture and was like "Group date! Niiiicce"

Nope. Total ATI thing. Another Duggar probably took the picture.

Either way, that girl's blog has the kind of intensity that scares me a little bit. About the St. Patrick's Day Parade: "It was so sad to watch the way people have to try to have fun and create joy in their lives. So many souls out there are lost, but not lost for eternity, there is still time. They need Jesus, so MUCH more than we can even imagine." :roll:

And now, on her 21st birthday post: "I'm one year closer to meeting my Jesus! I'm more excited than ever!!!" o_O

I don't even know if I can snark on this; I find it genuinely concerning.

And now, on her 21st birthday post: "I'm one year closer to meeting my Jesus! I'm more excited than ever!!!" o_O

What even

What even

1. St. Patrick's Day is technically a day of holy obligation since old Paddy was, you know, a missionary... who brought Christianity to Ireland... but minor details.

2. What the ever loving fuck kind of comment is that?

That is disturbing....Yay, its my birthday, Im one year closer to being dead, yay! How very Maxwell.

I think this woman should see a therapist. Nobody should be excited about dying.

Archived