IGNORED

John David Duggar on a group date!?!

Elisabeth

A public Instagram user, Masiespace (Laura D) just posted a pic of a bunch of young people out to eat.... JD is sitting between two girls and there are no other Duggarlings in sight! Hmmmmm!! I'd post the pic but I don't know how and it's 4am so I'm not about to learn!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they DO group dates? Hmmm, I guess we'll have to see if they show Jessa and Ben and Jill and Dill out together. I imagine there's probably at least a couple of chaperones on this type of a date to ensure that couples don't sneak off together... I wonder if maybe JD's getting to know one of those girls and she has siblings along to chaperone?

I'm telling you, there's something more to this. When's the last time we saw one of the Duggar kids out to dinner with a bunch of friends?? And why is he sitting in between two girls when there's a whole row of guys at the end of the table?

Also- just something to add is that they're eating at Portillos which I know is in Chicago... Don't know if it is anywhere else.

I'm telling you, there's something more to this. When's the last time we saw one of the Duggar kids out to dinner with a bunch of friends?? And why is he sitting in between two girls when there's a whole row of guys at the end of the table?

Also- just something to add is that they're eating at Portillos which I know is in Chicago... Don't know if it is anywhere else.

Because he's ballin', that's why. Already got himself a pair of sisterwives, and he's looking to add a third, the chick across the table. :lol:

Okay, some observations....

It seems like they're in Chicago. That's where ATI is.

I think the blonde girl in the striped shirt is a Query. Not sure about the curly-haired curl next to JD, or the other blonde girl next to masiespace. The guy in the middle, next to the girl in the striped shirt, I'm pretty sure is one of Anna Duggar's younger brothers. The other brother might be at the end of the table with his face hidden, but that might also be Nate Paine, or someone else entirely. No idea about the other three guys.

So I would guess some kind of ATI function, although I thought you got in trouble at ATI if you happened to sneeze three rooms away from someone of the opposite sex. Who knows, though, with Gothard gone maybe it's a fundie free for all.

If it's Chicago, it's almost certainly an ATI thing. The third young man in from the back is one of Anna's brothers. And could that be Nathan Bates at the end?

John David looks like a knuckle dragger, but the two women immediately around him look attractive.

I think the blonde girl in the striped shirt is a Query. Not sure about the curly-haired curl next to JD, or the other blonde girl next to masiespace. The guy in the middle, next to the girl in the striped shirt, I'm pretty sure is one of Anna Duggar's younger brothers. The other brother might be at the end of the table with his face hidden, but that might also be Nate Paine, or someone else entirely. No idea about the other three guys.

So I would guess some kind of ATI function, although I thought you got in trouble at ATI if you happened to sneeze three rooms away from someone of the opposite sex. Who knows, though, with Gothard gone maybe it's a fundie free for all.

They didn't reject Gothard, they've just adjusted their worldview to include all his teachings. Under that table is a fetid morass of foot sex.

Actually, looking at the photo, the girl in the green shirt is sitting at the end of the table, away from JD. She's just leaned over to get in the picture. So JD is actually just sitting beside the striped shirt Query girl. INTERESTING. I know in the compound thread someone threw out the thought of him living on-site and marrying a Query girl. How crazy would it be if they had it nailed?

Is that the Portillos on Butterfield Rd in Downers Grove?

Maybe so...maybe not. The Query girls might be more like sisters to JD. The oldest one has been teaching them how to play the violin for years...don't think she did a good job because they are OFF key ALL the time. I need to hear a Duggar playing solo so I can actually see has made the best progress. How long ago was this pic taken?

They didn't reject Gothard, they've just adjusted their worldview to include all his teachings. Under that table is a fetid morass of foot sex.

OOOh my! I wonder how many of those young ladies were wearing flip-flops? ;) NIKE!!!

Maybe so...maybe not. The Query girls might be more like sisters to JD. The oldest one has been teaching them how to play the violin for years...don't think she did a good job because they are OFF key ALL the time. I need to hear a Duggar playing solo so I can actually see has made the best progress. How long ago was this pic taken?

This is another pet peeve I have with the "life skills" lead to career the Duggars try to sell us on. My kids play the violin and viola at evil public school and I was looking for some private lessons. There were many LDS young women who advertise in my area. They have played for 10-15 years and most were young stay at home moms looking for some extra money. Most were very good violin players BUT a good violin player does not equal a good teacher. I got a perfect score on my math SAT but I'll admit I'm horrible at explaining advanced math concepts to my kids. Just because a Query girl got a great life skill of playing the violin doesn't make her an excellent teacher. There is a reason teachers go to college, to learn how to teach different types of students and we all know that the Duggars though they would like us to think their kids are all the same and perfect have many different learning styles.

I picked for my kids violin a college math professor! It was the way she was able to break down the lessons , her organization, and her patience that really worked.

As for the pic of JD I don't think it is anything more then an ATI gathering before a trip to JTTH or prison ministry. I;m sure the Duggars hope he will met a girl from a function like this but doubtful.

Laura D is big in ATI (super involved, a Gothard fave). The Duggars have been friends with her for years and she led JTTHs with Jana.

I don't think any romance is involved here.

I'm going to join the "I don't think this is a date" thing. While it's possible someone at that table has the hots for someone else at that table, I really don't think the purpose of the meal was a romantic one.

On a side note: just another reason I wouldn't want to be famous. I would hate to have every picture of me with the opposite sex turn into "ooo she's dating!"

I've always wondered if the constant courtship speculation is why Anna Hackel disappeared as quickly as she appeared. She used to have a blog and comment on the Bates blog a lot, but once the speculation about her and JD started, it was all gone and she was never mentioned on the show again.

Aren't the Query girls a little old for any of the Duggar boys? I don't know much about them.

To the poster above, it is Portillos.

JD is more involved in ATI than we may have thought. Remember last year he traveled with the same group plus the Wallers to the CA conference in the Duggar bus? He also has been photographed doing technical work at conferences.

Fundie free for all! I love it & I hope so! Seriously, so they can start thinking for themselves and get rid of some the hate, judgement and serious issues.

I'm going to join the "I don't think this is a date" thing. While it's possible someone at that table has the hots for someone else at that table, I really don't think the purpose of the meal was a romantic one.

On a side note: just another reason I wouldn't want to be famous. I would hate to have every picture of me with the opposite sex turn into "ooo she's dating!"

Regarding your last statement: it's especially bad if you're a Duggar, since they typically aren't pictured in close company with the opposite sex unless they're courting or pre courting or whatever.

I don't know, the fact that he is sitting so close to the ladies (family friends or not) is pretty interesting.

I do think thery're in Chicago somewhere, but there is a Portillos in Buena Park, CA near Knott's Berry Farm. Back to the topic, I also doubt this is a group date, but a bunch of people gathering for some post ATI event meal.

If it's Chicago, it's almost certainly an ATI thing. The third young man in from the back is one of Anna's brothers. And could that be Nathan Bates at the end?

THIS. Maybe John David is doing a short tour of duty at HQ to lead JTH?

Archived