IGNORED

Scott Brown/NCFIC "Husbands Love Your Wives"

WonderingInWA

Yes, they absolutely are. You would be surprised how, um, lively, our debates can get after church. Everyone has pretty strong feelings about many issues, and the ladies and men are free to politely argue their case. There's no, "you're a girl, you don't get an opinion" type of stuff.

I am not at all worried about what my husband listens to, or what he takes to heart. (And if it's as bad as it sounds, he wouldn't.) He is decidedly NOT a jump-on-the-bandwagon type of guy, and he has no problem going against the flow of popular opinion within our friends and church family. Have you listened to it yet? We still have not so I'm trying to reserve judgement until we have.

I can believe that. At my old church, that was the case, too. I get the impression places like BCA weren't that way though (CloaknDagger can correct me if I'm wrong), and since DPIAT was so vocal, it's easy to see all reformed churches as being like him. I did often feel like some of the men I knew in fundieland could be very patronizing toward the women in debates, though. May not be true of all churches, but definitely happened in mine sometimes.

I can believe that. At my old church, that was the case, too. I get the impression places like BCA weren't that way though (CloaknDagger can correct me if I'm wrong), and since DPIAT was so vocal, it's easy to see all reformed churches as being like him. I did often feel like some of the men I knew in fundieland could be very patronizing toward the women in debates, though. May not be true of all churches, but definitely happened in mine sometimes.

Well, I think people can sometimes be patronizing in general, not just fundies, and not just men toward women. Even nice people. Nobody is perfect. But, yes, I get the same impression about BCA. It frustrates me that the crazy fundies seem mostly to be the vocal ones, and then we are all lumped into that. But then I know there is plenty I would find acceptable, even good, that someone else would find crazy, so....

Archived