IGNORED

Debi Pearl lashes out at the anti-IBLP group

TrueRebel1

Here's what Debi has to say about the fall of IBLP.

nogreaterjoy.org/2014/04/24/debi-pearl-weighs-iblp-situation/

I never really absorbed how awful Debi Pearl was, until reading this.

I don't know if the Pearls have a habit of scrubbing their comments, but at least right now I'd say at least 50% of the comments are calling Debi Pearl out for supporting Gothard at the expense of victims. I was shocked (but pleased) to see it.

I like how the X-ATIA folks showed up and presented themselves well.

As for Debi, I almost feel sorry for her. Almost. Then I remember she is okay with beating babies... :hand:

The possibility that Gothard's main interests were power and getting his jollies, and that building a "ministry" was just a way to get there, doesn't seem to occur to her.

But then, she's married to Michael Pearl, so . . .

I'm glad to see the disagreement in the comments, as well.

I would much rather be the man who put his whole life into doing a work for God than on the side of those listed on the website that choose to rejoice over the man’s downfall and the destruction of his ministry that God used so effectively to eliminate bitterness in the lives of so many—the same bitterness that now pervades his critics so completely.

Debbi sounds as if the downfall of Gothard hit a nerve. Apparently, she believes that as long as a man is trying to convert people to Christianity, he actions should be excused because the ministry is more important than the pain he causes his followers. It makes you wonder how far she would support her own husband.

This attack was not initiated to right an ongoing wrong or to establish justice and purity; the critics have unwittingly joined the last-days, Satanic attack on God’s people to denigrate the very name of Christ.

this is willfully ignorant and/or dishonest. Also, how does Debi know this is a "Satanic attack?" Oh wait........I've an idea about that...

I don't expect pastors or religious leaders to be perfect, as this is impossible. Things didn't work out with your husband or wife and you divorced? Okay. You're battling depression and are seeing a therapist and taking meds? Fine. Your teenager got caught at a party drinking? Normal.

What I do expect, however, is that a religious leader treat those he/she works with and ministers to with the utmost respect. I expect a pastor to be kind, non-judgmental, and without ulterior motives when speaking to and spending time with others. That they not take advantage of the naive and innocent, and that they not manipulate others for their own gain. If a pastor is doing any of these things, I believe he/she is in the wrong line of work and should be sent on his/her way. This includes Gothard and the Pearls. Debi fails to realize that Gothard is not being "attacked" because he is an imperfect man spreading the gospel. He is being "attacked," as she likes to put it, because he is using his faith to gain from others. If he were truly convicted by his religious beliefs, he would not see fit to hand-select young girls and revel in their discomfort as he takes advantage of them.

I'm glad that most people are calling Debi out but I found one of the post that support Gothard accidentally funny

Jeanette Bittner:

I have seen Bill as man, who likes original root-bear in glass bottles, frozen grapes, and peanut m&m’s, who gave his life for the Lords service, and as Moses who lead many, his punishment was great upon his shoulders, even unto death.

Gothard eats peanut M&Ms so he is obviously innocent because we all know that Moses drank root beer and ate frozen grapes too. :roll: And what is the significance of drinking root beer in glass bottles? At least, I am taking for granted that she means beer and not bear. I am not certain how you'd fit any type of bear into a glass bottle but maybe root bears are a tiny species.

Recovering Grace is hitting the umbrella of authority hard here lately. That's the bread and butter of the Pearl's ministry--they have to speak out. And Michael thinks it will go over better coming from a woman.

Debi knows it is a satanic attack because she is secretly a satan worhipper. In fact, she's so close to Satan that she has a direct line to Satan Himself.

Ugh. Got hard and I have something in common... I also am picky about my root beer. Glass bottles if I have to, home made if I can... And am quite picky about brand and taste...

I need to go take a shower :(

Edited because can and can't are not be same thing.

Bittner as in Priscilla Bittner, no? Or is there another Bittner fundie family out there?

Yes Jeannette is the mother of Priscilla and Jacqueline Bittner

Debi Pearl needs to shut the fuck up and go get Michael his slippers like the well trained dog that she allowed herself to become.

Debbi sounds as if the downfall of Gothard hit a nerve. Apparently, she believes that as long as a man is trying to convert people to Christianity, he actions should be excused because the ministry is more important than the pain he causes his followers. It makes you wonder how far she would support her own husband.

Eliminating bitterness? Really? Keeping sweet =/= a lack of bitterness. I'm amazed that all fundie women don't end up with ulcers on the regular.

And why is eliminating bitterness some kind of overwhelming goal to aspire to? How about eliminating hunger? Eliminating homelessness? Eliminating depression or loneliness or sickness? But no, we can't even pretend that ATI or NGJ care about any of those things.

I don't know if the Pearls have a habit of scrubbing their comments, but at least right now I'd say at least 50% of the comments are calling Debi Pearl out for supporting Gothard at the expense of victims. I was shocked (but pleased) to see it.

She's moderating comments (I just left one). So I'll assume she knows she's getting a fair amount of push back.

This attack was not initiated to right an ongoing wrong or to establish justice and purity; the critics have unwittingly joined the last-days, Satanic attack on God’s people to denigrate the very name of Christ.

This is crazy. I guess it depends how you define "God's people" and what you consider denigrating the very name of Christ.

To me, sexually harassing and assaulting girls and women probably does more to denigrate the name of Christ than calling out wickedness for what it is.

I'm old-fashioned, though. ;)

Debi Pearl was, is, and will always be a sadistic asshole.

I think the saddest part is that she doesn't actually dispute that he did what he was accused of. It actually would be wrong to falsely accuse someone of sexual assault, but she seems to accept that he did it and STILL thinks his victims should STFU :cray-cray:

Debbi sounds as if the downfall of Gothard hit a nerve. Apparently, she believes that as long as a man is trying to convert people to Christianity, his actions should be excused because the ministry is more important than the pain he causes his followers. It makes you wonder how far she would support her own husband.

I would say this has been the story of Debi Pearl's marriage:

His actions should be excused because the ministry is more important than the pain he causes his [followers] wife.

It makes you wonder how far she would support her own husband.

See above.

nogreaterjoy.org/articles/safeguarding-your-children/

Dad built our house so that all the bedroom doors facing the main living room/family room. None of our doors had locks on them until we were older, and then only the girls. We were never allowed to spend time in our rooms behind closed doors. The door could only be closed for five minutes of clothes changing. If a door was closed for a longer period of time, Dad was likely to walk in unannounced to see what we were up to.

The possibility that their kids might be masturbating was so troubling to the Pearl parents that they created a house where the kids couldn't have privacy but they support Gothard's right to sexually abuse young women. This type of reasoning makes my brain hurt

Archived